Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Leeds - Match Thread - 31/01/2021

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

I think its a team to be expected. Ünder for Albrighton would been nice to see but at the same time, would have been harsh on Albrighton.

Fuchs and Thomas both on the bench seems wasteful. Would have like to have seen a youth striker in there to challenge Nacho / Perez but there's likely logistics preventing that.

I'd like to see Albrighton rested against Fulham and then bought back in for Wolves who I think we'll benefit most from his work rate and defensive duties against.

Ünder would have tore these apart though..

Highlights the need for the recruitment of at least one attack minded player in the next 48 hours

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Subs:

Subs: Ward, Ricardo, Söyüncü, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Choudhury, Ünder, Iheanacho.

Fuchs seems a strange option on the bench when we have two left backs in the team and one on the bench. There are also five players who can play CB in a three in the team/squad.

Maybe we're down to the bare bones to fill the bench?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

As expected. Still would have liked to see Under in for Albrighton and maybe Ricardo in though.

Would have preferred to see Nacho. Other than that spot on. Leeds are fast on the counter so Albrighton needed for his defensive work. We'd be too exposed without him. 

You can't drop Albrighton right now, been one of the most consistent players since the turn of the year. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd like to see Soyuncu in this game for Fofana as hes faster and more aggressive against a team like leeds with a high press. 

Don’t see how we can keep Soyuncu happy the longer he’s out the team

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shane said:

Don’t see how we can keep Soyuncu happy the longer he’s out the team

Yesterday Man City had Stones, Sterling and Mahrez on the bench. I'd rather have a stronger squad in our position than a strong 11 and no backup. Soyuncu and Evans had a poor end to last season, Fofana and Evans have bossed it mostly this season, no need to change. Soyuncu will come in for the cup and Europe I'd have thought unless Fofana's form drops.

Still think we need more on the right when Vardy is out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theessexfox said:

We're ****ed if Barnes gets injured, depth at winger is as worrying as depth at CM

I totally disagree. Under or Ricardo would come in. You can put Nacho up front until Vardy's back and put Perez wide. We can always switch to 3 at the back, as well, meaning we won't need any wingers.

It's not a problem. CM is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

I totally disagree. Under or Ricardo would come in. You can put Nacho up front until Vardy's back and put Perez wide. We can always switch to 3 at the back, as well, meaning we won't need any wingers.

It's not a problem. CM is.

Yeah arguably we have more solutions but I'd definitely worry about the drop off in quality, think we really could do with some greater depth at LW. Ricardo isn't really a proven entity as a long-term solution there, particularly post-injury. Fair point about formation change and not playing without wingers, and CM is definitely a greater priority, but I'm not thrilled with Barnes, Albrighton and Under as our only out and out wingers.

Can see a potential loss on the cards today. Perez isn't a striker, he's slow and laborious, the sort of player Leeds will eat for breakfast. Under should be starting this game by a long long way, either instead of Perez or Albrighton (especially being as there is literally nobody for Albrighton to swing crosses In to). 

• Like 1