Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Vontae Daley-Campbell

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I've had nights out in both Dundee and Broughty Ferry. I can confirm East Neuk Fox is correct lol It was many moons ago tbf.

I've had my share of nights out in Dundee and it was amazing. Uni cities were always pretty good back in the day. 

19 hours ago, Scotch said:

I've had my share of nights out in Dundee and it was amazing. Uni cities were always pretty good back in the day. 

Dunno mate, I'm talking around 1984/5 I'd reckon. It was rough as fvck tbh. I don't mean particularly threatening, it just looked like everyone was pretty broke and didn't have much hope. Of all the Scottish cities, it was by far the poorest relative then. I don't imagine much has changed but it may have. Edinburgh has the castle, money and the beauty, Glasgow is a thriving, multicultural hive of activity, Aberdeen has oil, and has consequently had a massive amount spent on infrastructure since the 70's, increasing rapidly in the last two decades, Inverness, well the scenery alone anyway, but coupled with the history, it's a gem. Then there's poor old Dundee. Lovely area, in scenic terms, some great countryside and a lovely river, but always the one with (relatively) high unemployment and crime figures for it's size. 

I could be wrong here, but weren't they one of the highest SNP voters in the country at the referendum? Voting for change has been shown historically to be common in the most depressed areas, unsurprisingly I guess. Saying all that, I guess a night out is a night out regardless, I was just never left with the best of impressions. Maybe I'm just an (unwealthy) snob mate :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1