Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Vontae Daley-Campbell

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's been pretty pony for the U23's but then like I said before kick off, Dewsbury-Hall wasn't that good for them either and now he's doing all sorts in the Championship. This tattoo could be a real possibility FFS.

You're forgiven for your contribution in the James Justin thread. A lot of nonsense discussed about knees and then you come in with some solid first hand experience of what it's actually like. Exactly the content I come here for.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Haha 2

Nice to see a young lad come in and not be afraid to carry the ball forwards with conviction.
Last one we promoted with that sort of intent was a certain Mr. Barnes, and that turned out alright. :barnes:

Agree with the other posters - a loan would do him good. But since Luke Thomas came straight in and has performed well when called upon, maybe a gradual feeding into first-team action could work with Vontae too - he certainly has the potential on that showing, though admittedly it was gonna be easy to stand out in an otherwise pretty meh overall team performance.

It was difficult for him tonight as there was no shape of fluidity to anything that we did. It's difficult to fit into an eleven when there are so many poor performances. 

Given these circumstances he didn't let himself down. It was a game when the 6/10 performers were close to being motm. Thomas was the one who I thought was largely invisible tonight, although not the only one by any means. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not just cos they're talking about him on BT Sport but I think considering this was his first game and getting 90 mins, I think he did commendably. 

Went quiet for a bit and looked dead on his feet towards the end. Defended well and also played his part in getting the corner leading to the goal. Considering some of the handballs not given, I don't think what he did can be given either. 

Onwards and upwards :appl:

Whilst I think he was solid, his positioning left a lot to be desired in a lot of counters. Could be Amartey at fault for not covering, but that’s what I picked up on.

Nonetheless, very solid and very tidy on the ball! Hope he kicks on.

Looked good, not a MOTM performance but nobody really stood out tbh.

Was surprised how knackered he was last 30 mins. When did he last play? I thought the youngsters are fitter?

Gave the ball away towards the end which could have been a goal scoring opportunity. 
Definitely a player in there though. A (normal) season loan could do wonders for his progression.

1 minute ago, Poiseuille said:

Was surprised how knackered he was last 30 mins. When did he last play? I thought the youngsters are fitter?

Gave the ball away towards the end which could have been a goal scoring opportunity. 
Definitely a player in there though. A (normal) season loan could do wonders for his progression.

Nervous energy. 

Most debutants are blowing after 20 mins such is the mental stress

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

The tempo and intensity in a under23 game isn’t as high as full first team game

2 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’m sorry but in what way . I didn’t see any thing remotely similar to Schlupp 

Linked well out wide, great pace, also physical presence.Superb to see him out muscle his man in the last 5 mins. 

Sorry, but you're wrong.

8 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Linked well out wide, great pace, also physical presence.Superb to see him out muscle his man in the last 5 mins. 

Sorry, but you're wrong.

You see the Jeff Schlupp I remember would go past players then put the ball into row z . And when he played wing back often dived in to tackles and got done,  none of which Campbell did  . And I don’t recall Jeff’s link up play being  all that . So that leaves pace and strength  to which I would say Jeff is definitely quicker and stronger that’s why I don’t see the comparisons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

You see the Jeff Schlupp I remember would go past players then put the ball into row z . And when he played wing back often dived in to tackles and got done,  none of which Campbell did  . And I don’t recall Jeff’s link up play being  all that . So that leaves pace and strength  to which I would say Jeff is definitely quicker and stronger that’s why I don’t see the comparisons. 

...oh and the hattrick