Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

30 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I licked them clean. He deserved it. We'd just been promoted.

This is what showed on the new posts page... had no choice but to open up and see WHAT was licked clean

Edited by ozleicester
  • Haha 2

Massive result for them last night after a shakey start. Was particularly worried for them after it went to 3-2 with ten left! lol 

I'm surprised he's not been able to kick the late goal concession out of them yet, it's something that's plagued them for quite a few seasons now though.

They really need a striker and a CB in before deadline day if they're going to do anything more than win the bottom half though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Massive result for them last night after a shakey start. Was particularly worried for them after it went to 3-2 with ten left! lol 

I'm surprised he's not been able to kick the late goal concession out of them yet, it's something that's plagued them for quite a few seasons now though.

They really need a striker and a CB in before deadline day if they're going to do anything more than win the bottom half though. 

The fanbase really does seem split on whether Weimann is going to step up or not.

It's the classic Championship holy grail any promoted team needs - a '20-goal-a-season man'.  They are definitely creating more this season than last though - the new lad Pring got praise off of Nige in the post-match, was his debut apparently and set up Martin for the second.

Martin's always been a solid Championship level striker. Like I said though, big questions over whether he and Weimann alone can score enough to propel them up the table.

On current showing, that CB is the vital piece of the puzzle - goals aren't a problem for the time being. The defense is very leaky - even tonight, the CB pairing stood off enough to let Liam Moore of all people slam in a daisy cutter from 25 yards. lol

10 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The fanbase really does seem split on whether Weimann is going to step up or not.

It's the classic Championship holy grail any promoted team needs - a '20-goal-a-season man'.  They are definitely creating more this season than last though - the new lad Pring got praise off of Nige in the post-match, was his debut apparently and set up Martin for the second.

Martin's always been a solid Championship level striker. Like I said though, big questions over whether he and Weimann alone can score enough to propel them up the table.

On current showing, that CB is the vital piece of the puzzle - goals aren't a problem for the time being. The defense is very leaky - even tonight, the CB pairing stood off enough to let Liam Moore of all people slam in a daisy cutter from 25 yards. lol

I was talking to my friend about Weimann being the perfect Pearson type player, I bet he absolutely loves him, gives 100% always and gets goals too. 

If they can get some cash for Wells and get someone else in they should do that as it’s clearly not worked out for him there. 

But yes, CB is key for sure, they miss a Flint type that they used to have… and Kalas form for club is nothing like it is for country. 

• Like 1

Swansea pulling out all the dark arts in the book - tumbles, taking forever to take throws etc. And the ref is buying it all.

I don't miss the Championship, won't lie. The most frustrating division on earth when you aren't winning. lol

Edited by OntarioFox

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Swansea pulling out all the dark arts in the book - tumbles, taking forever to take throws etc. And the ref is buying it all.

I don't miss the Championship, won't lie. The most frustrating division on earth when you aren't winning. lol

Yep, very frustrating even as a neutral!

5 minutes ago, Houdini Logic said:

James is different level 

Honestly makes me sad, an England centre midfielder cut down by a mistimed challenge and a knee injury. He would have taken his chance too unlike ****ing drinkwater. 

• Like 4

I know we have some real Pearson lovers on here but it looks like it’s blatantly clear that Pearson doesn’t work without Shaky and Walsh. He never really has done. That Bristol side with the likes of Matt James, Simpson and King (sub today) don’t look good enough to get promoted.

We’ll see but losing this evening at hone to Swansea (how it stands) doesn’t bode well