Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

Didn't we collapse last season right when he got a new job?

Nice to see him off to a winning start anyway. Bristol has huge potential. Still think of their fans as a bunch of weirdos after that racist chant moment, and the things they were coming out with when we were bidding for Maynard. Seem to remember them having a thread back on their forum where alot of them seemed to be convinced Moyes would leave Everton for them . . . pretty sure they were down in League 1 not long after

On 28/02/2021 at 19:05, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Lots of people in the media (including loads of his BBC colleagues) thought Pat Murphy was an utter arse that day and they were embarrassed by his lecturing.

Nigel played him beautifully with a straight bat, wonderfully calm, which infuriated Pat because he wanted a reaction.

It was a Nigel masterclass and I'll always love him for taking down the pompous p(r)at.

Excellent good to see Pat Murphy is not well liked in the profession, never taken any notice of him except for that day when he was an utter condescending See You Next Tues falsely claiming to stand up for a colleague when in reality he wanted to shine a spotlight on his balding dome.

• Like 1

https://www.coachesvoice.com/coach-watch-nigel-pearson/

Intro

Nigel Pearson 
Bristol City, 2021–

If Bristol City sought a manager to arrest their slide in the Championship and to eventually challenge for promotion to the Premier League, in Nigel Pearson they appear to have appointed the right candidate. During 2019/20 he remarkably had so immediate an impact at Watford that he took them into contention for survival when relegation had appeared a certainty; in his previous role in the Premier League he inspired Leicester to a similarly unlikely successful bid to avoid relegation having first led them to promotion.

At The Coaches’ Voice, we work together with the greatest minds in football to provide entertaining, educational and impartial content for all football fans. We also employ a number of professional coaches to carry out tactical analysis and player scouting. Here we look at former Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson as he takes on a new role at Bristol City, we hope you enjoy it.

https://www.coachesvoice.com/coach-watch-nigel-pearson/

Thank you,

The Coaches’ Voice

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

After a good start under Nige, Bristol City yesterday were absolutely fookin awful

They lost 0-2 and had one shot all game.

Aye had to use all three subs in about 30 mins as well, I read 17 first team injuries at the moment 

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Aye had to use all three subs in about 30 mins as well, I read 17 first team injuries at the moment 

That's right but all round they have a poor squad who have had an easy ride for too long.  Also a number out of contract end of season.

I think Nige has made his mind up already on quite a few of them...could be a lively old summer of ins and outs if he stays on. 

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I read 17 first team injuries at the moment 

I commentated on one of their games in January and couldn't believe how many were missing. 

It's even worse now. He needs to do what he did when he returned to us, weed out the deadwood and have time to rebuild.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

3/1 they were today, absolutely battered Brum 3-0.

3/1 really!?  Birmingham are shocking. Never seem to win (and never seem to win at home).

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-look-danny-simpson-5202264

Bristol City are mulling over offering former Leicester City right-back Danny Simpson a deal until the end of the season.

The experienced defender, a Premier League title winner in 2016, has been at Failand this past week and has been examined closely by his former Foxes manager Nigel Pearson.

They looked shocking against Blackburn but got a 0-0 draw yesterday. Blackburn are in poor form and below Bristol City in the table but Bristol City showed no intent to attack 

2 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-look-danny-simpson-5202264

Bristol City are mulling over offering former Leicester City right-back Danny Simpson a deal until the end of the season.

The experienced defender, a Premier League title winner in 2016, has been at Failand this past week and has been examined closely by his former Foxes manager Nigel Pearson.

Would suit both parties.

On 18/03/2021 at 19:17, davieG said:

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

Losing 0-2 at home to Rotherham currently.

I expect NFP is still in a honeymoon period so can avoid the flak for now despite 5th consecutive home loss only scoring one goal. 

Not sure if he's up to it anymore. It may be that peak Pearson was left behind in 2015. 

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I expect NFP is still in a honeymoon period so can avoid the flak for now despite 5th consecutive home loss only scoring one goal. 

Not sure if he's up to it anymore. It may be that peak Pearson was left behind in 2015. 

He's just taken over. Can't be judged until there's time to bring his own players in and get rid of some.

Lets not forget when he first came back here there were so poor results. Managers need time.

He hasn't overseen 5 consecutive home defeats either.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hadn't they lot about 7 in a row before he came in?

There was nothing meaningful to play for. A pre-season and his own signings then he'll be judged.

I mean, we weren't going to write Rodgers off in that ten game spell after Puel left.