Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

When you look at how promoted teams struggle (Norwich, Fulham WBA), you realise what an achievement it was to build a side not only to go up but also to thrive. We stayed up by 6 points in 2015 and really it could've been more comfortable. 

3 hours ago, bovril said:

When you look at how promoted teams struggle (Norwich, Fulham WBA), you realise what an achievement it was to build a side not only to go up but also to thrive. We stayed up by 6 points in 2015 and really it could've been more comfortable. 

we was in every game from what I can remember that season we played good football just unlucky with the results

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

So strange how people can dislike the bloke or discredit the job he did here, twice. 

If people don’t still like talking about him surely you’d stay out of the thread. 

Some people just can't help themselves, they just HAVE to make sure everyone knows how crap they think he is

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Some people just can't help themselves, they just HAVE to make sure everyone knows how crap they think he is

There are a lot of armchair managers. There are a few who constantly need to show that they see something other's can't. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

So strange how people can dislike the bloke or discredit the job he did here, twice. 

If people don’t still like talking about him surely you’d stay out of the thread. 

It’s one of the weirdest Leicester fan things. The fact some clearly dislike our saviour absolutely mental.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It’s one of the weirdest Leicester fan things. The fact some clearly dislike our saviour absolutely mental.

I swear there are one or two off here who have even gone so far as to create accounts on OTIB with the sole purpose of damning Pearson with faint praise / passive aggressively slag him off.  There is one so called Leicester fan in particular called Ostrich who seems to have quite a familiar writing style / approach to sentence construction and phraseology... 

Now that's proper borderline psychotic levels of ****ing weird. I just don't get it. How can any proper Leicester fan have anything less than love and respect for the big man, and wish him well in whatever he chooses to do. 

Hi, welcome to RobinsTalk. (Joke)

Looking at it rationality, there was a massive divide in our fanbase if Pearson was the right man for the job.

It was probably a 50/50 split of for and against. 

The FOAD incident, the ostrich episode and the strangling of McArthur were actions of a man under immense pressure.

Personally, I felt we should have parted company with him.

Then, we had the greatest escape. What happened in that summer happened, what followed in the next season was unbelievable. 

People then seemed to shift opinions that it wouldn't have happened without Pearson.

In hindsight, I'm grateful for what he did here and appreciate it. I don't feel bad for wanting him out at Xmas 2014. The results weren't good enough.

He was the right man at the right time for us. He was succeeded by another man at the right time and in the right place.

That's it. Pearson isn't the incredible manager that some people think he is. If he was, he wouldn't be at Briatol City via other unsuccessful ventures.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Looking at it rationality, there was a massive divide in our fanbase if Pearson was the right man for the job.

The FOAD incident, the ostrich episode and the strangling of McArthur were actions of a man under immense pressure.

Then, we had the greatest escape. What happened in that summer happened, what followed in the next season was unbelievable. 

People then seemed to shift opinions that it wouldn't have happened without Pearson.

In hindsight, I'm grateful for what he did here and appreciate it. I don't feel bad for wanting him out at Xmas 2014. The results weren't good enough.

He was the right man at the right time for us. He was succeeded by another man at the right time and in the right place.

That's it. Pearson isn't the incredible manager that some people think he is. If he was, he wouldn't be at Briatol City via other unsuccessful ventures.

The opinion that his tenures were integral to Leicester's stratospheric rise isn't revisionism based on the title win, he'd already reached legend status before that season kicked off.  Alongside the league titles he brought us he also oversaw a radical shift in our back room set-up, put an emphasis on sports science ("fine margins"), shifted a bunch of dead wood journeymen and made a player's character a key part of the scouting process, a huge improvement after the failed attempts at big name Charlie managers and players. He brought in Vardy and man-managed him when he was at his lowest point and wanted to quit the game, I shouldn't need to tell you how important that's been for us.

The negative incidents you mention all took place when we were in the Premier League after he'd already done all of the above to earn our respect and patience through the hard times of 2014/15.  Imo he had every right to tell that fan who was being a dick to foad . McArthur said he took the strangle incident as a joke and thought it was overblown by the press.  If you can't see the funny side of the Ostrich event then... well you know where your head is lol 

So yeah, after seeing him completely transform our fortunes, finishing in better positions in every consecutive season of his time here, seeing his legacy in the way we continue to operate as a club and seeing how much the Srivaddhanaprabha's clearly respect his contributions judging by their continued relationship with him I think it's absolutely fair to say that at Leicester City football club he was an incredible manager and he more than deserves a little slack for his eccentricities.  Remember how Ranieri initially made a point of not changing things much and riding that ridiculous wave of Champions League form from the previous season, focusing on man-management with his pizzas and taking the pressure off with his media handling skills. It wasn't until he started messing with the backroom and trying to put his own stamp on it (ie. ousting the team psychologist) that things started to unravel and the owners had to step in..  Without Pearson there is every chance we're still struggling to get out of the Championship.  Bringing him back into the fold was the smartest thing the owners ever did. .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Well it wouldn't because we'd still be in the Championship now without him.

• Like 3

Anyway... back to talking about Bristol City... a lot of neigh sayers on here seem to be forgetting this is the Championship, one win in four isn't exactly rare is it lol

It's all about runs in that league we know that, tick along safely until Christmas, try not to lose more than two in a row, and then go on a winning run for a few months and chances are you make the play offs.

Whilst NP will have been disappointed not to get a draw of Swansea, I bet he hadn't planned on getting more than 4 points from the first 4 with the squad they have. 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Anyway... back to talking about Bristol City... a lot of neigh sayers on here seem to be forgetting this is the Championship, one win in four isn't exactly rare is it lol

It's all about runs in that league we know that, tick along safely until Christmas, try not to lose more than two in a row, and then go on a winning run for a few months and chances are you make the play offs.

Whilst NP will have been disappointed not to get a draw of Swansea, I bet he hadn't planned on getting more than 4 points from the first 4 with the squad they have. 

This thread's full of people horsing around.