Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Quick thought, but if the Kingy testimonial does end up happening this summer, would be nice to do it against a Bristol City XI led by Nige.

:pearson::kingy:

Would be weird having a full KP with most people supporting the opposition though :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Would be weird having a full KP with most people supporting the opposition though :ph34r:

Dunno if i'd even be able to keep it in my pants seeing Kingy and Nige gracing the turf again. :ph34r:

Realtalk though, he's played with some right fan favourites in his years with us. Aside from the likelihood of James and Simmo playing on the Bristol side, would be amazing to get the likes of Nuge, Huth, Big Was, Super Steve Howard... Bamba and Bruno Berner can't be doing much at the moment. Even maybe Huuuuuuume back down for a night, he just does pundit work nowadays IIRC. Maybe tap up Serge to play maybe for the celebrity factor, you know he can play some.

Oh, and don't forget Conrad Logan as an unused sub. :D

EDIT - Birch to referee a squirrel Race at half time with Nuge chasing  them

Edited by OntarioFox

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Great win, it’s a shame they let in such a shit goal against Luton. 

Aye, it's that home form that's killing them at the minute. They'd be something like 3rd or 4th right now without giving away late goals against Luton and Blackpool.

The hunt for a home win continues, but they're bossing it on the road - 9 from 12 so far.

Watched them twice this season - against Cardiff and QPR. They won both games but they don't look good at all. Lots of defending and relying on their keeper to be superhuman. Against QPR they got totally battered but snatched the win at the death, the most undeserved win I've seen in a long time. I'm not sure Pearson will last there very long because his style of play is not sustainable. 

Bristol City have quite a good YouTube channel with plenty of content. Makes the guy running ours look like a chump but thats for another day. The conversations with Nige are pretty comfortable and candid so sometimes i will watch them. I don't just like Nige for what he did here I love his personality and energy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I could honestly watch him being interviewed for hours. Loads of people interpret him as dour but he just thinks before he speaks, doesn't get too high when things are good nor too low when they're bad unless there's a balloon head who needs putting in their place. I remember him mentioning doing an autobiography once in a piece with Percy or someone and while I think it was a light-hearted aside I seriously hope he does because I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

yeah i love blokes who have that sort of neutral, "i'm over it" vibe. Another one is the chef Marco Pierre White. He did a like a Q&A at the Oxford union a few years ago which is on Youtube . It's great viewing if you need something in the backround.

• Like 1