Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Its been a struggle for him in recent years, really hope he can have some success. Its got the signs of a good fit. 

Probably could be argued that it's been a struggle at every club he's managed except ours (twice!). Even with us he was sacked 3 times. 

I think most of us hold him in the highest esteem for building the foundations that we still benefit from today. However, his managerial career over the past six years has swung between average and disastrous (although often mitigating circumstances). The Pearson, Shakespeare, Walsh trinity was a dreamteam that will be hard to repeat. 

Can't imagine that he'd every need to buy his own drinks in our fair City. Deep respect for him and hope it goes well. 

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Just for nostalgia... 

Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33338638

The guy carries a lot of baggage. The Bristol City fans could be in for a huge disappointment if they're expecting the same Nigel Pearson that we experienced in his prime. 

Why you posting negative stuff? Who cares about that let’s just hope he does a great job in his new role. 

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Just for nostalgia... 

Nigel Pearson: Leicester City sack manager - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33338638

The guy carries a lot of baggage. The Bristol City fans could be in for a huge disappointment if they're expecting the same Nigel Pearson that we experienced in his prime. 

Well he didn't do a bad job at all at Watford last season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Well he didn't do a bad job at all at Watford last season. 

I have no doubt they'd have got a result in the last few games to keep them up if NP wasn't fired

Really hope Bristol City give him the time he needs to build his own squad and implement his ideas. No idea what their owners are like, but can't be as bad as Mel Morris. I wish all the best for Big Nige and BCFC. Nige is a proper hero, we wouldn't be anywhere near where we are today without his work here

21 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Why you posting negative stuff? Who cares about that let’s just hope he does a great job in his new role. 

It's factual though. He's not been at our club for 6 years but we seem to be telling the fans of every club that appoints him that he's greatest manager the world has ever seen. Sadly it hasn't worked out for him anywhere else. 

For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Bristol City after they lit their stadium royal blue when we were at our lowest ebb following the dark night we lost Vichai. 

I hope they are the 50th Premier League club and Nige is leading them. He'll always be welcome in Leicester. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

It's factual though. He's not been at our club for 6 years but we seem to be telling the fans of every club that appoints him that he's greatest manager the world has ever seen. Sadly it hasn't worked out for him anywhere else. 

For what it's worth, I have a lot of respect for Bristol City after they lit their stadium royal blue when we were at our lowest ebb following the dark night we lost Vichai. 

I hope they are the 50th Premier League club and Nige is leading them. He'll always be welcome in Leicester. 

Just seemed weird posting his lcfc sacking 

• Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 09:22, AjcW said:

I think a lot of it is due to existing structure.

They've only just brought in two very experienced coaches who they can't afford to sack

The CEO is hated by the fans and may well be leaving shortly to front  a takeover at Ipswich

It's probably good for both sides, if Ashton (CEO) does leave then it opens the door for Walsh who will have done most of his Charlotte MLS project by the summer and could leave him open to a role as DOF

Similarly it gives Simpson and Downing the chance to decide whether they want to stay on with Nige or go elsewhere, which then opens the door for Chris Powell and Kevin Phillips et al. 

Hope they put on a show for him tonight! He'll feel less pressure if they're going into the Swans game at the weekend on the back of a result.

Absolutely spot on, mate.  We are desperate to get rid of our CEO who would sell his own granny for a pay rise and plump up his overbearing ego.  (Though TBF he'd get a good price for the old girl).

We're thrilled to have Pearson, but IMHO need a proper football man as DoF so we can build something long-term.   Maybe that could be Walsh.  

Best option for both is to review things in the summer once the dust settles, and hopefully Pearson has done well.   Our chairman is very loyal and supports his manager, so Pearson must feel confident he has stability a long term future if things go well.

Enjoy watching Leicester put one over on the big boys.   Hope you can keep hold of Brendan.   All the best for the rest of the season. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Just seemed weird posting his lcfc sacking 

It's about balance and perspective. Reading some of these comments you'd think he was the Pep/Brendan love child. 

Its a reminder of some of the prime Pearson shite that we had to put up with during those years. Some of it was great, others not so much (and actually embarrassing if you recall the Pat Murphy interview following Ostrich Gate). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Spudulike said:

how many clubs have actually given him a chance though? You have to hit rock bottom and change the mentality, get rid of the deadwood  sign the right player( which can take time when you go so deep into their mentality) before things can change-  that’s ALWAYS been Nigels way and he’s said it often. Why employ someone you know  operates that way yet don’t give him the time to implement the plan?

It would be brilliant to see him succeed at Bristol City, the Premier League could really do with a bit of Bristol and in combo with Big Nige would be a very likeable team. 

There's very few people as misunderstood as our Nige, he built a siege mentality which I've not felt with any other manager (I was only very young during the MON days). I often think he's probably a bit too articulate and complex for the cesspit that is modern professional football. I really hope Bristol City back him long term!!