Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

This current situation isn't Rodgers fault

But 

I hate this lowering expectations for Rodgers. He inherited a good squad 2 years ago and now he has the best squad this club has ever assembled. It's not like he is working with De Laet and Schlupp.

Its not like this is a one off either, we've been in this situation twice in a row now, I think we have improved this season but people just being happy over another bottlejob just really confuses me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Its not like this is a one off either, we've been in this situation twice in a row now, I think we have improved this season but people just being happy over another bottlejob just really confuses me.

What situation are we put in twice in a row? Losing a game?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

@Koke Other than an avenue for discussion, what practical value is there for fans to criticise certain individuals, non-playing and playing staff? This entire notion of "I pay for my ticket, therefore, I say what I want, when I want" is utterly barbaric. 

Works both ways, what practical value is their in happy clapping and burying your head in the sand?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes definitely outperforming his resources. That said he's paid like a top 3 manager so you'd expect him to be able to see it out - more of a criticism of last season than anything. That was bottling it.

Who bottled it, BR or the players??

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes definitely outperforming his resources. That said he's paid like a top 3 manager so you'd expect him to be able to see it out - more of a criticism of last season than anything. That was bottling it.

Who bottled it, BR or the players??

4 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

@Koke Other than an avenue for discussion, what practical value is there for fans to criticise certain individuals, non-playing and playing staff? This entire notion of "I pay for my ticket, therefore, I say what I want, when I want" is utterly barbaric. 

You're right. Other than discussion it doesn't really serve much of a purpose to ne critical. But that's football discourse. We can't be positive after poor displays or bad defeats. 

Edited by Koke

50 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We are in a great position I dunno what people are moaning about. Thursday was disappointing but in the grand scheme of things we weren’t exactly favourites to win it were we and it’s not like we can go to the games so it’s not like we are missing any big match days as a result. I think it’s pretty plain to see, with the way things have turned out,  the squad isn’t going to cope with games on three fronts anymore so getting knocked out was a matter of time.

Arsenal isn’t an easy game for anyone despite the fact they’ve had a rough season, never mind with personnel issues we’ve got.

Its just a lack of two things for me, one is an appreciation of us being were we are is still a huge over achievement despite days like today, Fulham and other frustrating home games. Until we are an established top six team (like three seasons consecutively managing it not one)  it is hard to seriously suggest not finishing in a champions league place is a disappointment, if we consolidate regular European football (of any kind) that is huge for this club. And if we finish top four great all the better. But to finish fourth you need to finish ahead of three of Liverpool Man City Man U Arsenal Chelsea and Spurs and that is not an easy thing to achieve ignoring clubs like West Ham and Everton who have ambitions of their own this season. The fact we are well set in the top 4 is great, it’s madness I’ve heard the term “season over” as much as I have today after one defeat to Arsenal.

Second is perspective, we’ve got injuries, but we still have our keeper, if Fofana can get back soon a pretty close to full strength back four, Ndidi Tielemans and Vardy all fit with hopefully Maddison not too far off (not seen any updates may be wrong).  Our next three games are Burnley who are 15th and took a pasting today, Brighton who can’t score for toffee coming off the back a defeat to West Brom  (both of these away from home, where even the most pessimistic fan has to admit we’ve been utterly exceptional) followed by a game against statistically one of the worst teams in premier league history. The FA cup game might be a big ask but there’s an international break after that and after weds thanks to our exit in Europe we are back down to one game a week until the end of the season. We’ve got manageable games and time to get players back, absolutely no need to panic at all. Yet at least.

Can not rep this enough. The EPL is one of/ If not the most competitive league in the world. Yes the collapse last season was disappointing but a season is 38 games and needs to be judged as such. If we can make at least top 6 again this season following Covid, all of the injuries we’ve had and what happened at the end of last season then that is another fantastic season for this club.

Perspective is sometimes needed. Doesn’t mean as fans we aren’t ambitious and if we don’t make top 4 again, given how well we’ve performed for 2/3rds of the season it will be disappointing. But when you assess our final league position in the cold light of day it must be considered another good season. Keep the faith.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

This “we’ve been here before it’s happening again” stuff is just so knee jerk, and I don’t see how anyone thinks they are helping the situation by stirring it up and putting pressure on the squad. We are basically building our own club a reputation.

We are currently on a one loss losing streak in the PL, to Arsenal, we picked up a great three points away at Villa a week ago.

If we are sat here in three weeks time having picked up 1 point then yeah you've got a point then. Non sensical saying it now.

• Like 2

I for one wasn’t happy about bombing out the EL competition.

We have to get used to playing midweek games and it’s going to take a few seasons for a squad capable of constantly competing on 3/4 fronts.

We are now putting all our eggs into finishing top 4, let’s hope this pays off.

As felt were as good a side as  any in the EL competition.

People saying we wouldn’t have won the EL anyway, we won’t win the CL either, so shall we just forfeit that competition if we have another chance at CL qualification???

We should be playing every competition to win it like Spurs/Arsenal are as they are seeing it as another route to CL qualification,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

It's not a bottle job!!!! Jeez we have half of our first team out and the rest are not getting a day off and are returning from injury themselves so are getting match fitness back. How is it hard to understand that?! This title of bottle jobs really annoys me and is so disrespectful. It's an easy term to throw at them!

HALES caesar...

Agree..:yesyes:..

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Works both ways, what practical value is their in happy clapping and burying your head in the sand?

Who's burying their head in the sand. We are now accepted as one of the higherarchy by most of the media. We've never been in this position before. Even when we won the league it was a "one off" not to be repeated. We're now perceived to be genuine european contenders

2 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

We have to get used to playing midweek games and it’s going to take a few seasons for a squad capable of constantly competing on 3/4 fronts.

People saying we wouldn’t have won the EL anyway, we won’t win the CL either, so shall we just forfeit that competition if we have another chance at CL qualification???

We should be playing every competition to win it like Spurs/Arsenal are as they are seeing it as another route to CL qualification,

How are Spurs and Arsenal doing in the Premiership? Look at their benches today. 

We are a lot of big spending away from being able to battle on all fronts. We have done a great job so far, but injuries and lack of quality on the bench has caught up with us. 

Hopefully, we can battle on this season and finish top 4 and then Top gives Rodgers a fair wack in the Summer to thicken our squad up with quality.

1 minute ago, CyprusFox said:

Who's burying their head in the sand. We are now accepted as one of the higherarchy by most of the media. We've never been in this position before. Even when we won the league it was a "one off" not to be repeated. We're now perceived to be genuine european contenders

That means nothing though, media clout is media clout. Its nothing to hang your hat on.

13 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

No your being silly there aren’t you, we played a fairly strong team and came out 2nd best, we didn’t forfeit anything.

Being objective about it after the game, especially with the injuries today, it’s not the end of the world as it’s clearly not sustainable anymore.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Ah yes, failing! 

I guess they think like that because Top has given 100s of millions to Rodgers to spend and we have a bench stacked full of top class players who would walk into most Premier League teams..  

Of course, that is actually Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool. The teams we are competing with and have been for 2 seasons now for top 4

We are and have been punching way above our weight and it is glorious and I hope it continues, but FFS, get real some of you on here! 

Absolutely right

We have not been outside the top 5 for 2 seasons or whatever it is. But that is some form and it’s frankly amazing. We are Leicester city ... 2 years ago you’d all be creaming at the position we find ourselves in. I’ve said it repeatedly that some of our fan base have become entitled and it’s frankly embarrassing. Look at the table and enjoy it. We have serious injuries and most teams in the league would struggle as we are ala Liverpool. Perspective guys. We are fantastic and fantastically run and Brodge has worked wonders. Injuries are not his fault and the injuries we’ve been getting amid just bad luck. 

• Like 1

I’m less worried about the loss, 6 points from Liverpool, Aston Villa and Arsenal is a decent return. The amount of injuries to important players/back up players in key positions concerns me. 

Hopefully (and regrettably) as Europe League is out of the way the players will have some more rest at least.

6 minutes ago, casablancas said:

We have not been outside the top 5 for 2 seasons or whatever it is. But that is some form and it’s frankly amazing. We are Leicester city ... 2 years ago you’d all be creaming at the position we find ourselves in. I’ve said it repeatedly that some of our fan base have become entitled and it’s frankly embarrassing. Look at the table and enjoy it. We have serious injuries and most teams in the league would struggle as we are ala Liverpool. Perspective guys. We are fantastic and fantastically run and Brodge has worked wonders. Injuries are not his fault and the injuries we’ve been getting amid just bad luck. 

How dare you think positively about our obvious failings! You unambitious bum! Don't you know how much Rodgers is paid???

- He receives 100,000pound pay cheque per week.

- He's got the best Liecester team ever assembled for his disposal.

But we still have 28% ball possession. How bloody come?

My thoughts was always firm about BR.

Average football coach with limited capacity, lack of imagination/diversity and zero bravery.

No matter who we play against WBA or Arsenal, we have the same game plan easy to read with no conviction.

We could have done better with this team...

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Haha 1