Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

Enjoyed the run but the runs over, great we move on.
We now get 2 nights back playing 4 games instead of 6 in March & 2 complete weeks to prepare for a w/end game for the 1st time since i can remember, 1 of which is the week prior to the FA Cup game.
Man U still have the 6 games & have to play Milan the Thursday before our FA Cup meet, loads still to play for.

• Like 2

It's also worth noting we've bounced back well from defeats so far this season avoiding going on a bad run. Hopefully that continues although a draw against Arsenal wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we start winning again in the following games

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Koke said:

It's not a learning curve for Rodgers though. Lost at tgis stage 5 times now.

No comparisons..!!! No meaning...!!...No point worth making...

Just One of those coincidental facts...

some Great players have never won the title...

some Top managers have never realised or won a european trophy...

Some fans searching for nonsense, will usually Lack somewhere...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Enjoyed the run but the runs over, great we move on.
We now get 2 nights back playing 4 games instead of 6 in March & 2 complete weeks to prepare for a w/end game for the 1st time since i can remember, 1 of which is the week prior to the FA Cup game.
Man U still have the 6 games & have to play Milan the Thursday before our FA Cup meet, loads still to play for.

Manutd...have a bigger & better Quality squad....They have also  found young talent usually Top potential  Front 6  from within....

Their extra games wont hurt them..!

13 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Manutd...have a bigger & better Quality squad....They have also  found young talent usually Top potential  Front 6  from within....

It's still an extra 2 games + travel for Bruno F & regardless of what's around him its him that makes them tick.

The free week just puts some freshness in our legs which Youri & Ndidi could do with, if our starting 11 is fresh we are a match for anyone

So this thread is basically saying we are too good for the Europa league and only the Champions League is worthy of our presence?

I think the two fixtures against arguably the worst team left In the Europa League shows we aren't worthy of Champions League Football.

Also...

We're 9 points away from finishing 7th and still have Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea & Tottenham to come out of our 13 remaining games.

Baring in mind last seasons crumble, can you remind me to return to this thread in a few months time when we finish 6th.

Not meaning to be too negative but just a different perspective of this 'thumbs up' gaining topic.

I'm still disappointed but understand the circumstances and, barring a serious collapse, we should be back in Europe next season with a lighter schedule and hopefully a better squad (and fans attending again) which softens the blow.

7 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

So this thread is basically saying we are too good for the Europa league and only the Champions League is worthy of our presence?

I think the two fixtures against arguably the worst team left In the Europa League shows we aren't worthy of Champions League Football.

Also...

We're 9 points away from finishing 7th and still have Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea & Tottenham to come out of our 13 remaining games.

Baring in mind last seasons crumble, can you remind me to return to this thread in a few months time when we finish 6th.

Not meaning to be too negative but just a different perspective of this 'thumbs up' gaining topic.

But what a Great challenge.....

I have said before, its these games that show  we are capable of competing....One or Two of those games wont be defining, 

I find it Strange some fans want to Set up negative EOS scenarios...

Me its enjoying the seasons journey, also recognising those mitigating circumstances

that has put too many irritating bus-stops,break-downs & diversions into our journey..but..!!!!  The motor is still ticking-over.

There is no-way, we should be where we are, but we are, so with all those tribulations, we are still 3rd, My Sofa is against the Wall so I have

No Intention of hiding behind it....Next game or any of the games ,I will be excited & positive, I refuse to be buckled down by posts or Posters

only Full of foreprogrammed trepidation....Bit

Ffs Enjoy the Bloody season...We are competing, with a depleted squad, Not for Top 8, Not Top 6, but Top 4....We shouldnt be Anywhere near it,

We might fall off, but despite the shit being thrown at our small Club we are competing....

Thats all I Really Care about...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I might get pelters for saying this but...... realistically, all I want is progress, season on season. That means last season, we set our bar high.

This season has been mad. With the intensity and injuries most teams have been dealing with, and the COVID and no fans, means it’s been bizarre. 

I’d be happy with 5th and a cup final.

Completely agreed with everything you said until the last sentence. 5th?!!! **** that 

For those that subscribe to the Athletic, there is a good article from Rob Tanner:

https://theathletic.com/2413108/2021/02/26/leicester-city-do-not-want-to-become-nearly-men-under-brendan-rodgers/

Without being able to reproduce it, the pertinent comments for me are:

- We have been competing on 3 fronts in a condensed season which has taken its toll on the squad

- There is a perception among many that Leicester should easily have rolled them over

- But Slavia are a side "romping" to their domestic title with an unbeaten record and experiencing European football for a fifth consecutive season

- We did put out a side that was capable of beating Slavia

- Going out at this stage could be a blessing

- It is a similar scenario to last year (we have the same points from the same games) - when we had a similar cup disappointment with the Semi-final loss to Villa - this is now a test of how much progress has been made as we faded last season, and don't want to repeat

It is a good "calm down" read, much in the vein of this thread - and a good job to be be written so quickly after the game but putting a lot of the emotion aside.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Unless bruno gets injured then they struggle. Other than that they have squad depth that should be challenging for the league and cups

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Also...

Not really. The squad isn't strong enough to go deep in 2-3 competitions considering the injuries and congested fixture list. Champs League qualification would provide greater prize money, which could be used towards bolstering the squad further, renewing key player contracts etc to build a stronger squad, which can compete on all 3 fronts in the future - the drop of in match day revenue this season might be a factor in this.  Whether people agree with it or not resting players last night is a sign the club (not just Rodgers) places greater priority on the league this season, while still in the later rounds of the FA Cup. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Also...

Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion?  I'm quite certain that is not the underlying message to take from this thread.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The bottle has begun, gonna be interesting now europa isn't an excuse I guess it'll be back to peddling injuries 

Really !! 

Is this a wind up ?

We lose one game and the bottle has begun.

Amazing !!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I'm still of the opinion that some of the things that were said on here, and the attitude in general, were absolutely pathetic. The season we've had, the two seasons we've had in fact, and for some people to still be hitting out at players, the manager, the physios. It's just mental. You go into every game with a chance of not getting the outcome you want. It doesn't matter how good you are. Slavia played well and we didn't and they won and that's that.

We're on track to be a consistent top 5 side. For a club of our history that is unbelievable.

:appl:

Exactly. I alluded to this yesterday. Says a lot about where we are when we're disappointed about what's happened compared to previous seasons perhaps where we've just been in it for the ride.

Hopefully we have sustained success in terms of reaching Europe. The more experience in either competition will serve us so well. Positive part of me thinks, despite last night, this is just the beginning of many adventures :wub:

• Like 1

Also...

O yes you are

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is it? That certainly wasn't my point and I'm not aware it was anyone else's. Qualification for the Champions League via a top four finish is now our annual objective/target. You can also contend that it is a necessity to retain and attract the best talent. No one is saying that we will, rather, that is our focus. Also, we're clearly not "too good for the Europa League", at present we simply lack the depth to fight for the league a deomestic cup competition and wage a European campaign. Brendan clearly regards Castagne, Ricardo and Barnes as key to our league campaign (as are other players that started), but felt that we had enough to qualify without overly courting more injuries. 

Who last night weren't the worse team left in the Europa League, we were. 

So much can change so quickly in football. Our owners have the vision and the desire, our squad needs strengthening. Despite waging a diabolical title defence, in 2016/17 we reached the quarter finals of the Champions League, with a squad that was technically inferior to this one under increasingly erratic management. that was a magnificent achievement. 

Also...

Why? What would that achieve? I don't know of any City supporter that would guarantee a top four finish. It's going to be incredibly hard to achieve, but nonetheless, to reiterate, that is our objective each year and that is currently the focus. Finishing sixth would still be in the right direction and something to cherish, value and be proud of. I always heed and appreciate where we have come form - particularly since we have ben on the ascendency. 

I'm not certain what you are referring to here; I couldn't give two shits whether something is upvoted or garners 'likes' or approbation and I'm confident that wasn't the motivation of starting this thread. It's a football forum that's all. I think you'll find that the thread was intended to rally composed and measured responses following last night's disappointment and some of the histrionics that followed. Not mindless optimism or idealism, but certainly for me, to appreciate what we do have and the direction that the owners are taking us. We have plenty to look forward to and anticipate. 

Regarding a different perspective, I do agree and I always try to appreciate that, but you are posting nothing that we don't know.