Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

22 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Disappointing as last night was Iā€™d sacrifice last night for a win on Sunday. Top 4 is what we need although Iā€™d give that up for the FA Cup which would be an absolute dream.

Yes I agree.And to win the FA cup would be a dream.But we are progressing slowly which is how it should be. For how much I hate to admit it,we dont have the history or the pulling power of the top clubs,but we are moving in the right direction.
COYB:scarf:

27 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Disappointing as last night was Iā€™d sacrifice last night for a win on Sunday. Top 4 is what we need although Iā€™d give that up for the FA Cup which would be an absolute dream.

Ā 

Does the FA cup get us into the champions league anyway?

7 hours ago, adejo92 said:

So this thread is basically saying we are too good for the Europa league and only the Champions League is worthy of our presence?

Ā 

I think the two fixtures against arguably the worst team left In the Europa League shows we aren't worthy of Champions League Football.

Ā 

Also...

Ā 

We're 9 points away from finishing 7th and still have Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea & Tottenham to come out of our 13 remaining games.

Ā 

Baring in mind last seasons crumble, can you remind me to return to this thread in a few months time when we finish 6th.

Ā 

Not meaning to be too negative but just a different perspective of this 'thumbs up' gaining topic.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I suppose it's tempting fate to point outĀ that we haven't done too dusty against Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham so far this season.

Edited by deep blue

8 hours ago, adejo92 said:

Ā 

We're 9 points away from finishing 7th and still have Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea & Tottenham to come out of our 13 remaining games.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Not meaning to be too negative......................

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

How many points should we be ahead of 7th after 25 gamesĀ if 9pts ahead is too close to comfort.

Ā 

I think it's quite remarkable we're 6pts ahead of Chelsea and 9pts ahead of Liverpool with 13 to play. Did you expect us to have wrapped up CL qualification in February?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, casablancas said:

I do find it strange that people have so much time to sit and type and whine whilst the match is on. I actively avoid the match threads and you have summedĀ up my rationale nicely. I used to adore this site, but now itā€™s becoming toxic. Itā€™s my opinion yes and I still spend time on here but the vitriol aimed at some of the players and each other is just sad, particularly for grown men. Iā€™ve been a city fan for 30 years and I will breathe LCFC until my last breathe but Christ looking at some of the posts recently I think help is needed for some people. Thatā€™s coming from a mental health professional. Weā€™ve lost 3 yes 3 games in 20!!! We are Leicester city that is some godly stats.Ā Good post bud.Ā 

I agree with this and theĀ @Line-XĀ post above.

I reallyĀ enjoy this forumĀ from a clinical andĀ anthropological perspective, I think that says more about me thoughĀ :blink:

Although, sadly, with the vast majority of online opinion we tend to fester on the negative spins and not celebrateĀ the majority of decentĀ stuff on here.

That's life, but my Vardy, it's hard work.Ā 

I think the posters that are disappointed on here are about 10 years ahead of themselves.

I'd confidently say that fans of Manchester United, Arsenal,Ā Everton, maybe Spurs,Ā all have the right to complain about their club and how they're being ran and where they currently stand in terms ofĀ ambition / spending / history ratios.Ā 

Those clubs are experiencing challenging times compared to their reputations, we are the total opposite of that.

I mean, we're talking aboutĀ absoluteĀ polar proportions on an epic scale as to how different we are now compared to not that many seasons ago, which is boggling that people still struggle to have a grip on the reality of our current showing.Ā Ā 

Ā 

And that's what makes all of theĀ reactionary, "I'm Leicester til I die" "I'll have a f@@@ing LeicesterĀ jerseyĀ on me gravestone" "get rid" "not good enough" "amĀ dunĀ on ear" load of old bolloĀ so mystifying and sad.Ā 

Ā 

"I just hate the general public" Alan Partridge.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Danny Clender

16 hours ago, reynard said:

It feels bad right now but nothing can ever beat the feeling of losing to Harlow Town or relegation to League1. We've come a long long way since then to be disappointed not to make the last 16 of the Europa League.

Equally it doesn't compare with losing 0-5 to promoted

Bolton on the first day of a new season

I'm glad we did lose on Thursday as the Europa League has the most number of games in terms of cup competitions left and it has given us a sense of normality after the media have been raving about us for a long period of time. There was a real arrogance (the bad kind) that we could just turn up on Thursday and because we'd been playing so well recently, we'd have no problem in turning over Slavia Prague.Ā 

Ā 

The loss will hopefully give us a real sense of perspective and we will work much harder in games. That was the worst intensity I've seen in a game from us under Rodgers. No pressure on the ball, very little movement from the forward players and no urgency from the defence to cut out attacks.Ā 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, shailen said:

The loss will hopefully give us a real sense of perspective and we will work much harder in games. That was the worst intensity I've seen in a game from us under Rodgers. No pressure on the ball, very little movement from the forward players and no urgency from the defence to cut out attacks.Ā 

Great comment.

6 hours ago, Gerard said:

Ā 

How many points should we be ahead of 7th after 25 gamesĀ if 9pts ahead is too close to comfort.

Ā 

I think it's quite remarkable we're 6pts ahead of Chelsea and 9pts ahead of Liverpool with 13 to play. Did you expect us to have wrapped up CL qualification in February?

It's more the fact that a lot can happen in the remaining games.

Ā 

Some people seem to be totally fine with us getting dumped out the Europa League by the equivilent of Sheffield United because we will get champions league football next season.

Ā 

I'm just saying we are a long way off securing a champions league position and even further away from not embarrassing ourselves in it.

Ā 

I still think we will drop to about 5th starting with a loss tomorrow.

Ā 

Edited by adejo92
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Some people seem to be totally fine with us getting dumped out the Europa League by the equivilent of Sheffield United because we will get champions league football next season.

Not one person on this thread has said any of that.

Ā 

5 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm just saying we are a long way off securing a champions league position and even further away from not embarrassing ourselves in it.

Like we did in 2017?

Ā 

6 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I still think we will drop to about 5th starting with a loss tomorrow.

You could well be right. Again, what precisely isĀ your point?Ā 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Not one person on this thread has said any of that.

Ā 

I can find numerous comments implying exactly that on each of the pages of this thread.

Ā 

Like we did in 2017?

Look at the squad we took into the Champions League that year. Whilst on paper you would think we had more quality in our current squad, nothing could ever match the team work, team ethic and actual desire to win that the squad in 2017 had.

Ā 

If I could chose to take that squad (at the time)Ā or our current squad, to the competition,Ā  I certainly wouldn't be picking our current squad.

Ā 

You could well be right. Again, what precisely isĀ your point?Ā 

My point is, if we mess up the Champions league spot, and end up in Europa again, do we just throw it away again and be totally cool with it?

Ā 

Ā 

18 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Ā 

I can find numerous comments implying exactly that on each of the pages of this thread.

Go ahead then, no use saying it.

Ā 

Look at the squad we took into the Champions League that year. Whilst on paper you would think we had more quality in our current squad, nothing could ever match the team work, team ethic and actual desire to win that the squad in 2017 had.

Ā 

Ā 

I have - I even discussed it earlier in the thread. They were also technically inferior to our current squad and in spite of what you say, the league campaign/title defence was a shambles.Ā 

Ā 

If I could chose to take that squad (at the time)Ā or our current squad, to the competition,Ā  I certainly wouldn't be picking our current squad.

So you think that we have regressed since then? Interesting.Ā 

Ā 

My point is, if we mess up the Champions league spot, and end up in Europa again, do we just throw it away again and be totally cool with it?

No one is "totally cool with it". This thread is simply a measured response to the outrage, histrionics and irrational fury that erupted on Thursday evening. An attempt to look at positives as opposed to negatives and be grateful for where we are and how far we have come. Yes, our target it top four, no one is suggesting that it is nailed on - the remainder of the season will be challenging. Irrespective of how you think that this current squad would acquit itself second time round in the CL - (and contrary to what you say, the "teamwork and team ethic" you refer to was faltering in 2017, this is a far better all round team) - right now, the immediate priority is a top four finish to retain and attract talent. Such is the ambition and pride of our owners.Ā 

Ā 

Again, to emphasise - your claim that some members of this forum are...

Ā 

34 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

totally fine with us getting dumped out the Europa League by the equivilent of Sheffield United because we will get champions league football next season.

...is nothing more that a strawman argument.

Ā 

No one is saying that.Ā 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Ā 

Ā 

We threw it away by not performing, not from the team selection.Ā  That was a s strong as could reasonably be expected.Ā  We need to rotate, there have been recent signs that theĀ players are running on fumes.

Ā 

I would say that it depends on a lot of things.Ā  If we find ourselves in this position next year, ie last 32 of The EUL but third in the Prem with 13 to play, then yes, we might well prioritise Champion's League qualification.Ā  If we were mid table, then prioritise Europa League.Ā 

Ā 

If we have a full squad to choose from things might be different.Ā  This season has taken an unusually high number of casualties and really hinders our ability to rotate.

Ā 

Not to stray ot, here's a nice calming picture of a sunset:

Ā 

download.jpeg.65bd36c31fc71efcac21985b8b12af41.jpeg

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Itā€™s all about the reaction now. If we kick on, pick ourselves up and keep the charge for too 4 going then fair enough. Despite the injuries we do have the players to secure top 4, but itā€™s still a big ask.Ā 
Ā 

However, we could drop off a cliff again. The team have to believe in themselves, play for each other and their manager. We will see.Ā 

3 hours ago, 09bballer said:

Equally it doesn't compare with losing 0-5 to promoted

Bolton on the first day of a new season

Damn you, I'd expunged that one from my memory.Ā  Sitting next to my son, behind the goal where all their shots were ending up first half, turning towards each other at HT and mouthing the prophetic words "relegation" - one of the most depressive moments in my life.

Unless you actually win the Europa League, it is a competition with the Thursday games (and number of matches you need to win it) something that will always tax our EPL position.Ā  Yes the winners get UCL qualification, I get that, but trying on both fronts to Qualify may mean we miss out completely.Ā  Ā Financially, 5 League places is probably equivalent to a long run in the UEL where you do not make the final.

Ā 

With all of our injuries, we are probably best out of it now - not making excuses for last Thursday's car crash. We need to qualify for the UCL and with less games now and players coming back for the final games, we can do this.

Ā 

With a fully fit squad we could have managed it -may be - but it is how it is.

I have largely kept away from this forum since the loss to Slavia, largely due to what normally happens by the irrational brigade who convert natural disappointment from a loss into all out foaming at the mouth lunacy. Looking around today it seems some have lost the plot!

Ā 

I feel for Rodgers. So many injuries for key players has messed us up option wise and the likes of Hamza end up staying when should have been gone, Riccardo, Castagne, NdidiĀ and Caglar not rested after coming back from long term injuries and being forced to keep playing the likes of Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans, Vardy etc will result in injury (it already has with Madders). He picked a team to win and IMO wasn't disrespectingĀ Slavia, but was protecting his players. I genuinely believeĀ he picks the same side if we were home to Sheff United tomorrow so this isn't about Arsenal.

Ā 

Its just so unfortunate that very decent back-ups like Justin (who has gone on to be a 1st teamer),Kelechi, Perez, Praet, Wes, Fofana (probably was bought as back-up) have all got injured (or suspended).Our 2nd string would beat Slavia if we had the squad available. It does baffle me when some in here make out that injuries mean nothing. All you need to do is look at Liverpool and the way they have lost the plot and they havent had half the injuries we have had.

Ā 

Anyway, I think Rodgers has been amazing with a shed load more positives than negatives. A major mistake at Slavia, yeah probably. Have we got loads going for us with many first teamers heading back in the upcoming weeks? Yes too.

Ā 

I wonder how many would have taken (at the start of the season) to still in the FA Cup, joint 2nd in the league and last 32 in Europe (and out) with the squad developing along the way? I know I would!!

Ā 

Lets keep calm and look forward to the rest of the season.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2