Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

It’ll take an enormous mental and physical effort for us to get back on track. It’s hard to feel positive having watched the last two performances, but we haven’t become a poor side overnight.

When we get back to 1 game per week I think we will start to show what we are capable of again; and if Lady Luck decides she’s on our side then we might just scrape into the Top 4. I think we still have the players to achieve results it’s just whether they have the strength and belief to perform. Either way, I’ll be behind them all the way - up the Citeh x

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Unfortunately I’ve seen too many collapses and losses of form in my life to even get worked up in the first place! All part of the rollercoaster I wouldn’t change for anything. League 1, premier league, Leicestershire senior league im still Leicester til I die and let’s look forward to next season where hopefully we can get back in the stands! 

Too right mate. Now a return to the stands genuinely feels closer I am missing it even more

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

This one mate, we are in front of them in the league ffs 😂

😂 I was half joking but I meant in terms of we haven't competed with either by the end of each season. I'm not saying we have a right to but I certainly never felt like 5th was a shock last season. Rodgers knew when he left Celtic that this was a team capable of the top 4. Especially given the competition.

If we don't get in there this season then I feel like he will still be viewed as doing a good job by the media, but he will start to get a reputation for bottling it.

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

😂 I was half joking but I meant in terms of we haven't competed with either by the end of each season. I'm not saying we have a right to but I certainly never felt like 5th was a shock last season. Rodgers knew when he left Celtic that this was a team capable of the top 4. Especially given the competition.

If we don't get in there this season then I feel like he will still be viewed as doing a good job by the media, but he will start to get a reputation for bottling it.

Think you are somewhat under estimating the competition with that, is it possible yes but probable given the resources the big teams have already  and can throw around mid season? I’d say no we are still very much up against it.

I mean the fact a quality player like Odegarrd has ended up going to mid table Arsenal instead of us pretty much because we can’t afford his wages just highlights that fact.

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Rodgers knew when he left Celtic that this was a team capable of the top 4. Especially given the competition.

Did he know that?

We were 12th when Puel was sacked, 21 points off top 4. (20 points off 5th) - and only 8 points above the relegation zone.

Even at the end of that season we were 9th and 19 points off top 4. (18 points off 5th)

To even be in the conversation for top 4 last season was incredible.

We made up incredible ground over a season even to finish fifth.

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Did he know that?

We were 12th when Puel was sacked, 21 points off top 4. (20 points off 5th) - and only 8 points above the relegation zone.

Even at the end of that season we were 9th and 19 points off top 4. (18 points off 5th)

To even be in the conversation for top 4 last season was incredible.

We made up incredible ground over a season even to finish fifth.

Give it a rest mate, we get it Puel wouldn't give you an interview no reason to keep on going on about him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

So you expect Leicester to finish Top 4 every season? 

Bare in mind, the 3 seasons prior to Rodgers, we finished, 9th, 9th and 12th. 

I find it so ironic that Rodgers has got us into this position to be challenging for top 4 finishes in his first full 2 seasons, yet he is somehow also bottling it? 

• Like 1

Just now, STUHILL said:

I find it so ironic that Rodgers has got us into this position to be challenging for top 4 finishes in his first full 2 seasons, yet he is somehow also bottling it? 

And failing, STU - don't forget that.

People are allowed to be frustrated and annoyed and critical, and voice their criticism of certain players, manager or club. Hate when fans are told about "perspective" and to "calm down". 

Edited by Koke

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Hes definitely outperforming his resources. That said he's paid like a top 3 manager so you'd expect him to be able to see it out - more of a criticism of last season than anything. That was bottling it.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I find it so ironic that Rodgers has got us into this position to be challenging for top 4 finishes in h9is first full 2 seasons, yet he is somehow also bottling it? 

Its all about context though,  both seasons we've had a big opportunity and last season we had a 14 point gap, that is bottling. Dont think its has bad this year but not getting it this year probably means it isn't going to happen, at least under this manager 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This current situation isn't Rodgers fault

But 

I hate this lowering expectations for Rodgers. He inherited a good squad 2 years ago and now he has the best squad this club has ever assembled. It's not like he is working with De Laet and Schlupp.

• Like 2

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

And failing, STU - don't forget that.

Ah yes, failing! 

I guess they think like that because Top has given 100s of millions to Rodgers to spend and we have a bench stacked full of top class players who would walk into most Premier League teams..  

Of course, that is actually Chelsea, Man U, Man City, Spurs and Liverpool. The teams we are competing with and have been for 2 seasons now for top 4

We are and have been punching way above our weight and it is glorious and I hope it continues, but FFS, get real some of you on here! 

Just now, Koke said:

Neither do you my friend.

Well no indeed, but I think calling for calm is generally a good plan. Nobody would deny you your right to criticise, either. I think the suggestion is that the more (how shall I put it?) colourful exponents of anger-fuelled finger-pointing might care to have a word with themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

This current situation isn't Rodgers fault

But 

I hate this lowering expectations for Rodgers. He inherited a good squad 2 years ago and now he has the best squad this club has ever assembled. It's not like he is working with De Laet and Schlupp.

I don’t see how cracking a well established, well bank rolled top, top six clubs is a low expectation myself, and it’s not like he’s not managing to do it at the time of writing.