Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

On 26/02/2021 at 03:53, Line-X said:

The Match Threads have always revealed the underbelly of this forum but lately, some of the responses and behaviour have increasingly gone from simply amusingly bizarre to at times outright disturbing. I understand the appeal for calm, in the sense of measured, rational responses and appraisals following yesterday's disappointment but it's football ffs and ultimately entertainment (although I do concede, to a City fan, that was sadly lacking last night). There are so many threats, more than enough anger, volatility, uncertainty and conflict, in the 21st century - football is an escape and for me, the insane journey, fortunes and losses of Leicester City FC - an odyssey since I started supporting them as a kid. Back then, there certainly wasn't the exciting and prosperous future that younger generations of supporters can look forward to now. I supported Leicester because they were shit...the underdogs. I don't even come from here ffs. But that was the appeal...and it has made our riches, well...feel even richer and I'm grateful for every minute of the ride to see us where we are today - I don't take a thing for granted, which is also my maxim for life. 

The unhinged anger, the fury on these match threads - it really leaves me wondering what goes on behind the scenes, whether at worse, it's a foot through the TV, or worryingly something more. Yeah, Brendan took a needless calculated risk. As many have pointed out, Tielemans is not a number 10, to play him in an advanced role upsets the entire fulcrum of the side. He needs to operate alongside Wilf, no different (Kante to Drinky). Last night's gulf between the MF and Vardy - (whilst on taking things for granted) - had me reflecting on what a great servant and asset  Andy King had been for this club. Most of the ire stems from the frustration that it wasn't our best side with our contingency on the bench. We contained Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City - so we can equally do it a club that are Championship level at best without committing our full resources and pull the pin late if necessary. In the event the changes were effected so late that it was more like a damp squib. Such reactionary/conservative tactics with an away goal rule is asking for trouble when you find yourself chasing a game. It should never have come to that. 

We lost, unnecessarily - but honestly? we weren't about to win it this year and we will be back. Again and again. The fact I can say that with confidence is something to celebrate, because after our defeat by Red Star Belgrade 21 years ago, I genuinely doubted that I'd ever see City in European competition again in my lifetime. 

Top four and Champions League football is the sole focus, with the unfinished business of the FA Cup a nice sub plot. disappointing, but **** me, in the time I've supported City I've learnt to live with it. I'd moved on by the time I'd turned the lights out and gone up to bed...already relishing the thought of dispatching the Gunners at home this Sunday. 

Up the City!

On 26/02/2021 at 05:11, casablancas said:

I do find it strange that people have so much time to sit and type and whine whilst the match is on. I actively avoid the match threads and you have summed up my rationale nicely. I used to adore this site, but now it’s becoming toxic. It’s my opinion yes and I still spend time on here but the vitriol aimed at some of the players and each other is just sad, particularly for grown men. I’ve been a city fan for 30 years and I will breathe LCFC until my last breathe but Christ looking at some of the posts recently I think help is needed for some people. That’s coming from a mental health professional. We’ve lost 3 yes 3 games in 20!!! We are Leicester city that is some godly stats. Good post bud. 

16 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

I agree with this and the @Line-X post above.

I really enjoy this forum from a clinical and anthropological perspective, I think that says more about me though :blink:

Although, sadly, with the vast majority of online opinion we tend to fester on the negative spins and not celebrate the majority of decent stuff on here.

That's life, but my Vardy, it's hard work. 

:appl:Thank You.  Sure is a pleasure to read that thread backwards and find gems like that. Makes being here much more enjoyable.

Optimism will be hunted down at whatever the cost. Just hope it wont be my sanity. Thanks again.

On 26/02/2021 at 08:53, Line-X said:

The Match Threads have always revealed the underbelly of this forum but lately, some of the responses and behaviour have increasingly gone from simply amusingly bizarre to at times outright disturbing. I understand the appeal for calm, in the sense of measured, rational responses and appraisals following yesterday's disappointment but it's football ffs and ultimately entertainment (although I do concede, to a City fan, that was sadly lacking last night). There are so many threats, more than enough anger, volatility, uncertainty and conflict, in the 21st century - football is an escape and for me, the insane journey, fortunes and losses of Leicester City FC - an odyssey since I started supporting them as a kid. Back then, there certainly wasn't the exciting and prosperous future that younger generations of supporters can look forward to now. I supported Leicester because they were shit...the underdogs. I don't even come from here ffs. But that was the appeal...and it has made our riches, well...feel even richer and I'm grateful for every minute of the ride to see us where we are today - I don't take a thing for granted, which is also my maxim for life. 

The unhinged anger, the fury on these match threads - it really leaves me wondering what goes on behind the scenes, whether at worse, it's a foot through the TV, or worryingly something more. Yeah, Brendan took a needless calculated risk. As many have pointed out, Tielemans is not a number 10, to play him in an advanced role upsets the entire fulcrum of the side. He needs to operate alongside Wilf, no different (Kante to Drinky). Last night's gulf between the MF and Vardy - (whilst on taking things for granted) - had me reflecting on what a great servant and asset  Andy King had been for this club. Most of the ire stems from the frustration that it wasn't our best side with our contingency on the bench. We contained Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City - so we can equally do it a club that are Championship level at best without committing our full resources and pull the pin late if necessary. In the event the changes were effected so late that it was more like a damp squib. Such reactionary/conservative tactics with an away goal rule is asking for trouble when you find yourself chasing a game. It should never have come to that. 

We lost, unnecessarily - but honestly? we weren't about to win it this year and we will be back. Again and again. The fact I can say that with confidence is something to celebrate, because after our defeat by Red Star Belgrade 21 years ago, I genuinely doubted that I'd ever see City in European competition again in my lifetime. 

Top four and Champions League football is the sole focus, with the unfinished business of the FA Cup a nice sub plot. disappointing, but **** me, in the time I've supported City I've learnt to live with it. I'd moved on by the time I'd turned the lights out and gone up to bed...already relishing the thought of dispatching the Gunners at home this Sunday. 

Up the City!

Absolutely top post that. 

On 25/02/2021 at 17:49, Bourbon Fox said:

Creating a much-needed 'calm down' thread.

Feel free to come and hang out here whenever the meltdowns get too much.

We're out of the Europa League, a competition that offers a CL spot for the winner and absolutely nothing for second place.

No glory. No riches. Just miles of travel and a bunch of tough midweek fixtures against some established European stalwarts.

We are stretched to the brink with injuries, and people are demanding too much from a thin squad. 

Calm down. This has been an unusually tough season physically and mentally for the players. If they can deliver our second-best ever league finish and qualify for the Champions League, at this stage we should be overjoyed at the prospect - and sod everything else.

Back the lads.

Meanwhile, on FoxesTalk:

Sidnei Tavares is Demarai Gray’s evil twin

• Haha 1

Focusing on positives....

- Its only 3 points lost. Even if Arsenal score a couple more, our GD probably wouldnt have have been good enough to get top 4 if needed. You could argue a number of us would have been happy with a point at the start of the day.

- Our next few fixtures are favourable on paper. Of course they doesnt mean much if we lose or when comparing to other 'easy on paper' matches like West Ham / Villa / Fulham at home. We're better away anyway!

- Most of our challengers are all still in Europe.

- After Burnley / Brighton, we have one time a week as opposed to two unless we get to the FA Cup semi final / final.

Edited by Nalis

Ya things dont look great but teams such as liverpool, spurs and chelsea who a lot of people likely expected to finish above us are still below us. 

The point is anything can and will happen this season so lets have some faith and if we finish outside the top 4 or 6 then so be it.

We have done well and injuries have not helped. Believe!

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I honestly want to be rational about things but football riles me up like nothing else. I should probably start avoiding match threads and post my opinions in  post match threads a couple of days after the game to give a more accurate representation of my thoughts. 

I wish many others would! But totally understand 

Looking at the benches of Spurs, Chelsea and Man U today, I am so proud of what our boys have managed to do already this season.

Incredible that we have been able to compete with these guys, as well as Liverpool and Man City, for a sustained period for coming on 2 years now.

It's a credit to recruitment, Rodgers and the players and is why we are so lauded by many outside of Leicester. 

I really hope we can hold onto top 4, despite all the injuries, because it would be a much deserved reward for everyone involved. 

Very proud of my club! :scarf:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Looking at the benches of Spurs, Chelsea and Man U today, I am so proud of what our boys have managed to do already this season.

Incredible that we have been able to compete with these guys, as well as Liverpool and Man City, for a sustained period for coming on 2 years now.

It's a credit to recruitment, Rodgers and the players and is why we are so lauded by many outside of Leicester. 

I really hope we can hold onto top 4, despite all the injuries, because it would be a much deserved reward for everyone involved. 

Well said!

• Like 1

On 26/02/2021 at 08:53, Line-X said:

Up the City!

Well said Sir :appl:

8 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Which season did we compete with Liverpool or Man City 😂

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Positivity,  i love it. Keep it going!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Which season did we compete with Liverpool or Man City 😂

Competed with Man City for a top 4 finish last season before our big decline. Beat city 5-2 this season

Competing with Liverpool with a top 4 finish this season. Beat Liverpool 3-1 this season. 

Any season we are pushing for a top 6 finish, we are technically competing with Man U, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs

31 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

You are so right. Well said. Fingers crossed the lads can find some hidden depths and chisel out a couple of wins over the next three games 

• Like 2

Unfortunately I’ve seen too many collapses and losses of form in my life to even get worked up in the first place! All part of the rollercoaster I wouldn’t change for anything. League 1, premier league, Leicestershire senior league im still Leicester til I die and let’s look forward to next season where hopefully we can get back in the stands! 

The only thing thats predictable and frustrating to me is, the cags kaspar and evans triangle. Way to defensive. Why does kaspar pretrnd to throw it out then rool it to cags. What is the intricate playing out of defence. Does any one agree teams have found us out with these plays. I agree over injuries and thst we are still 3td. So lets calm down. But the tesm snd manager help us to be positive, by plsying positive footy again. Dont lets get into the minddet og a one man team. Withouy madderd we dont know how to win etc.