Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

How are Spurs and Arsenal doing in the Premiership? Look at their benches today. 

We are a lot of big spending away from being able to battle on all fronts. We have done a great job so far, but injuries and lack of quality on the bench has caught up with us. 

Hopefully, we can battle on this season and finish top 4 and then Top gives Rodgers a fair wack in the Summer to thicken our squad up with quality.

True, I’m not denying we have done a great job so far, and long may it continue.

Yes injuries are playing a part and our lack of quality is now showing.

Hopefully Rodgers does get some money in the summer to improve the squad to battle on numerous fronts.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No your being silly there aren’t you, we played a fairly strong team and came out 2nd best, we didn’t forfeit anything.

Being objective about it after the game, especially with the injuries today, it’s not the end of the world as it’s clearly not sustainable anymore.

Maybe I am a little. 

It sure is showing now it’s not sustainable with the current squad, injuries aside, hopefully lessons will be learned this season, like last, and whatever happens we can be better prepared to compete next season. 

2 hours ago, steflcfc said:

Maybe I am a little. 

It sure is showing now it’s not sustainable with the current squad, injuries aside, hopefully lessons will be learned this season, like last, and whatever happens we can be better prepared to compete next season. 

You said it yourself we need to get used to it, this unfortunately isn’t something that happens after one season. 

Especially this season where the European and domestic seasons have both been massively condensed down due to the pandemic and we have played twice a week nearly every week since early September with hardly any off season.

I think we’ve handeled it all pretty well myself, and if things get back to a bit more of a normal setup next season I can only see us improving. 

5 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Did he know that?

We were 12th when Puel was sacked, 21 points off top 4. (20 points off 5th) - and only 8 points above the relegation zone.

Even at the end of that season we were 9th and 19 points off top 4. (18 points off 5th)

To even be in the conversation for top 4 last season was incredible.

We made up incredible ground over a season even to finish fifth.

I think we all knew under Puel we were massively under achieving. He got sacked because of where we were so its obviously not right to say thats where we should have been. Most of the media were battering us for "thinking we were bigger than we are because we won a league title" but we could see how good these players were. I'm sure Rodgers didn't come in to watch players like Maddison, Ricardo, Tielemans, Vardy and Ndidi capture 8th.

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So you expect Leicester to finish Top 4 every season? 

Bare in mind, the 3 seasons prior to Rodgers, we finished, 9th, 9th and 12th. 

I find it so ironic that Rodgers has got us into this position to be challenging for top 4 finishes in his first full 2 seasons, yet he is somehow also bottling it? 

Last season we did bottle it. Theres not much more examples of bottling it. This whole thing of just being happy with 5th because we would have taken it at the start is a small club mentality and I don't think we have that any more. 

I don't expect us to finish top 4 every season but that's even more of a reason to do everything we can to do it when the opportunity is there. 

I read this forum and its like the end of the world. Read the standings and we are still in 3rd place with a 4 point lead on West Ham. Sad. Why do people here watch football if it just makes you feel bad?

How about not worrying about anything other than the facts , 

1) apart from are best 15 the rest are pretty much not up to it

2) Rodgers has run the team into the ground , and it is due to his lack of talent , which is either his or the clubs flaunt for not getting anyone in last window 

3) are lack of efforts on goal in the last 2 games just shows up how stretched we are , vardy has fallen right of form

4) with all these injuries I think we will do well to finish in the top 6 , I just hope we buy some players in the next window

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We're not a BIG club. We're not a SMALL club. We're a GROWING club.

Our mentality is to improve where we can, maybe not at the pace you want but we've improved massively over the past two years.

It's not perfect, there will always be bumps in the road. Just try to enjoy the greatest period in our history.

And relax.

A mate of mine, rueing the loss against Arsenal, stated that we didn't have the stature "to play in the Champions League anyway". Personally, I think we have more stature than any team in the Prem. What the Thais have done for this club has been remarkable and Rodgers has brought his managerial prowess into creating a squad capable, as we've seen, of beating the best.

What I dislike is the hyperbole of the media building up our club into a position where they can, if a second meltdown occurs, write us off as not having the necessary stature. In 2015-16 everyone was raving about the "Leicester way" - but that was largely down to the fortuitous assembling of a marvellous bunch of players. Pearson had a huge hand in that. The subsquent hit-and-miss buying in of players soon proved that City scouting wasn't as miraculous as the media had blown it up to be. We've only recently seen the departure of passengers the Club had been carrying since the CL money began to roll in.

We're competing against clubs which have massive resources - in fact unfair and immoral resources. Liverpool start to complain about key players missing, but they have back ups who aren't so far off the level of the automatic selections. Maybe we have been unlucky with injuries or just haven't envisaged the toll these extra games have taken. Maybe the player care structure has been neglected. I saw a diatribe against Ranieri in a recent post concerning his meddling in that aspect of the club that Pearson had built up.

The Club needs a period of breathing space. It's a critical time. If we don't manage a CL place then I suspect the players' agents will be touting them to Clubs with plenty of the folding stuff. Rodgers might be attracted elsewhere. That would be the most disappointing outcome to a disappointing season because he is the guy who could ensure the growth continued.

Of the teams we're competing against we have the most volatile income. Those with oil income will be able to ride the financial seesaw Covid has created. Duty-free income from air passengers is a fraction of what it was and I suspect maybe two players will be sacrificed to the God of ensuring LCFC remain well-funded. If we make it to CL then maybe we'll keep those players. But Rodgers needs to patch a team together that will do a damn sight better than the potentially strong team which folded against Arsenal. Is he too nice a guy to get a performance out of his men? It is baffling to watch a team go a goal up and then fail to press the advantage.

But that's two games out of two seasons of Rodger's reign. And we have the new training ground and a stadium extension in the offing. It is the greatest period in our history, yet like football always is, we fans can't help looking for the banana skin which might end our rise.

Football needs Leicester City - because it's a model of achievement without excess. I hate the idea of a European Super League, but sometimes I wish the Manchesters, Scousers and London clubs would just piss off to the fantasy land they think they belong in. Then football would at least become more egalitarian in this country.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We're not a BIG club. We're not a SMALL club. We're a GROWING club.

Our mentality is to improve where we can, maybe not at the pace you want but we've improved massively over the past two years.

It's not perfect, there will always be bumps in the road. Just try to enjoy the greatest period in our history.

And relax.

Agreed but there is also not this linear narrative of growing and growing until you reach your goal. Chances of us as a "not big" club ever doing this again are slim. In a heartbeat we could lose Brendan and 2 or 3 of our big players in a summer and then the chance is gone. 

Even if we keep the same team the other "big" clubs could strengthen massively and we might not get a look in. 

It'd just be a huge shame to have nothing to show for Brendans era. I'm not saying that will happen but we are on a forum and people will have worries and express them. I'm the first to say how negative people are on here but there's also this strange need for some to shut down any worries and that seems equally as baffling.

On 01/03/2021 at 03:54, Bptiger said:

How about not worrying about anything other than the facts , 

1) apart from are best 15 the rest are pretty much not up to it

2) Rodgers has run the team into the ground , and it is due to his lack of talent , which is either his or the clubs flaunt for not getting anyone in last window 

3) are lack of efforts on goal in the last 2 games just shows up how stretched we are , vardy has fallen right of form

4) with all these injuries I think we will do well to finish in the top 6 , I just hope we buy some players in the next window

Sorry, which of those are facts?

• Haha 2

On 01/03/2021 at 00:43, murphy said:

A nice calm Japanese haiku by some cove called Matsuo Basho

The old pond

A frog jumps in

Sound of water

Aaaah

How about this one from Chesteryu Dontazaki

Negative tactics

Why did he take Ian Nacho off?

Thank **** for Kasper

... I feel calmer now, thank you very much :P

• Like 1

I don't quite know what people were expecting tonight. A reduced quality team brings a reduced quality performance. We still could've nicked it.

Think the players and manager deserve better than to read some fans have given up.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

How about this one from Chesteryu Dontazaki

Negative tactics

Why did he take Ian Nacho off?

Thank **** for Kasper

... I feel calmer now, thank you very much :P

I'm glad you feel calmer.  Here's one of my own:

Needs work.

Not sure about the meter.

C minus.  :D

or:

Tough night

At least Villa lost

Every cloud....

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I don't quite know what people were expecting tonight. A reduced quality team brings a reduced quality performance. We still could've nicked it.

Think the players and manager deserve better than to read some fans have given up.

It's a reflection of what tends to happen inside the ground when full - there are a lot of fans who I am certain turn up, expecting perfection and with no compunction whatsoever about not getting behind the team when things aren't going so well.

• Like 1