Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bourbon Fox

Calm Down

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm sorry but people saying this team are bottlers when on the cusp of the two second best top flight finishes in the club's history are a complete embaressment. Hysterical, entitled nonsense.

Performances have been poor the last two games yes. The team is clearly dead on it's feet and decimated by injuries. Does that give everyone a pass for the last two performances, manager and players included, no it does not. That said although not an excuse it's unquestionably a reason and a factor for the recent performances so time to cut just a little bit of slack. 

By the way in case anyone has missed it there's still everything to play for in terms of fourth place. I'd bet all the same doom merchants who were wetting the bed at the end of July as the window drew to a close would have jumped at the chance of being sitting in 3rd place with twelve games to go.

You wait till we lose to Burnley on weds....we'll have the same 'we'll get relegated next season nonsense.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'm sorry but people saying this team are bottlers when on the cusp of the two second best top flight finishes in the club's history are a complete embaressment. Hysterical, entitled nonsense.

Performances have been poor the last two games yes. The team is clearly dead on it's feet and decimated by injuries. Does that give everyone a pass for the last two performances, manager and players included, no it does not. That said although not an excuse it's unquestionably a reason and a factor for the recent performances so time to cut just a little bit of slack. 

By the way in case anyone has missed it there's still everything to play for in terms of fourth place. I'd bet all the same doom merchants who were wetting the bed at the end of July as the window drew to a close would have jumped at the chance of being sitting in 3rd place with twelve games to go.

15 points pipe down 

It's funny what difference a couple of defeats make. Everything was a Rodgers masterclass until a couple of things didn't quite work out this weeek.

Wilf has been brilliant for us all season and has just made a mistake today. Third goal was a team defensive screw up. But Arsenal's form has been decent of late and we just came out on the wrong side today.

Has everybody forgotten the Villa game already or the Liverpool game two weeks ago!?

We have injuries, we have some tiredness but we have Burnley, Brighton, a clear week off and Sheff United. With all due respects teams we should be capable of getting results from those games even with all that.

Yes, it will hurt if we lose top 4 again. And yes our injury list is going to make life tough. But let's not fckin cry about or turn against the manager and team just because the going got a little tough.

Edited by ourla
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Best finish was winning the league obviously.

Last season was second best finish.

This season will be either the second or third best finish ever.

What's the point your trying to make here?

Are we talking just Premier League? 

The challenge here is that there is no option other than to soldier on with the players who are fit.  Bredan needs to "find a way," to inspire them and build up their belief.  He needs to organise them and encourage them.

We have games to play and this is a challenge....  what's gone is gone.  Cmon you foxes.  

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah Premier League era of course. Trying to compare anything pre that is like comparing apples and oranges given the context of where football is today.

Agree it was different in the olden days but I thought you said in the clubs history. 

I suppose the Premier League has been around long enough to be an era. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

The challenge here is that there is no option other than to soldier on with the players who are fit.  Bredan needs to "find a way," to inspire them and build up their belief.  He needs to organise them and encourage them.

We have games to play and this is a challenge....  what's gone is gone.  Cmon you foxes.  

He said as much in his interview. No real moaning, just that we need to deal with the injuries and find a way to compete. 

Holding onto top 4 has become a huge task, but if we can just get through these next few games and grind out a couple of wins, we have players coming back and that could be a huge boost. 

Key for me, is Vardy fully fit and back to himself, and Tielemans bossing games again. We need to battle through! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah Premier League era of course. Trying to compare anything pre that is like comparing apples and oranges given the context of where football is today.

Fun fact for you. Aside from the title season and last year the most points we have in a season is 52.

This year we already have 49. 

I've just given this some serious thought. No way we fall away like last year. One game a week, 4 players back by the end of the month, probably man utd. Barnes back hopefully for the last month for some tough games.

We got this lads.

Shit house a win on weds, rest some key players and then pray perez and fofana are back for sat. Then pray madders and praet are back for sheff utd.

Pray vardy rediscovers his form. Perez goes prime march-may Newcastle perez where he used to score all his goals in a season and under discovers what a leicestet looks like.

This ain't over, convinced of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

My concern is tactical placements on the pitch.

-Poor Sharky tried to fit in on the left flank while we have seasoned professional Fuchs sitting on the Bench.

- Still couldn't figure it out that What position Ricardo was playing in second half?

- Same goes with the Nacho as well.

This was a chaotic, desperate and I'm all over the place I don't know what to do approach from the BR.

It is not the scoreboard worries me. You win some and you lose some. But incompetent approach, limited imagination and lack of game plan is my concern. 

Still trying to remain positive though...

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

He said as much in his interview. No real moaning, just that we need to deal with the injuries and find a way to compete. 

Holding onto top 4 has become a huge task, but if we can just get through these next few games and grind out a couple of wins, we have players coming back and that could be a huge boost. 

Key for me, is Vardy fully fit and back to himself, and Tielemans bossing games again. We need to battle through! 

Finding a way is 541 btw, no doubt about it.

Lets have a look at our  players who could Keep us competing....

Riccardo.....Nearly a Year out.. Pickable But not yet back to high level Match  fitness..?

Castagna....pickable but not yet back to high level Match fitness...?

Evans.........Niggling outages..!! pickable but Question on long Run Match fitness..?

Soyuncu.....Big injury..pickable but we still see inconsistent performances. Questionable on high level Match fitness ?

Justin........Great potential & filled admirably that gap with high Octane performance. his season finished..?

Amartey.....return After year out,also needed  to be thrown in,no slow introduction..still question on full Match fitness ?

Thomas..... Come up through the ranks, showing Great potential,but needs patience & time...

Ndidi...........Though he s had a few returns, awkward injury problems over a year.Pickable, but Not yet into Match- Fitness or rythme.??

Praet...........Out.!!  until further notice...best Time hopes for return mean nothing...??

Barnes........Out!!        Ditto,.....................ditto??

Perez...........question on return date. ?

Vardy..........unknown entity..But Not been Really Match fit for one year...He is unique in Play & Status of play..?

Maddison....Out!!.return unknown ??

Tielemans....selected every single game....that initself could be a problem...?

Fofana..........Out..!!  return..Live- in- hope but No promises...Great find..suprising gem of a find,  brilliantly filled the  void..?

Mendy......... done excellently ( helped to deliver Top 4)..Disliked  & underrated by some fans...? Ndidi also Made errors

Choudury.....Good decent cover & cameo player, but being asked to Play when more Top players out...had knocks ?

Albrighton.....Mr reliable had niggles injury wise...Maybe seasons getting longer for him..?

Morgan.........Out..return unknown...if any..?

Nacho............Ambition unknown..! ?

Under............Not Breaking down Any door. ?

Fuchs.............had some knocks..game- fitness..???

Thomas is the only player, who isnt carrying a question mark.!!

If looks like a debriefing at WWII Bomber command....either waiting for return, or availability for duty unlnown...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

7 wins, from 12, and we will finish in the top 4 I reckon. Doesn’t matter when we get them. 

That's the spirit

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It’s a big ask but it is possible 

If we won 7 and lost 5 it'd arguably be our worst run of form all season. Don't think we've lost 5 in a 12 game spell all year.

27 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fun fact for you. Aside from the title season and last year the most points we have in a season is 52.

This year we already have 49. 

I've just given this some serious thought. No way we fall away like last year. One game a week, 4 players back by the end of the month, probably man utd. Barnes back hopefully for the last month for some tough games.

We got this lads.

Shit house a win on weds, rest some key players and then pray perez and fofana are back for sat. Then pray madders and praet are back for sheff utd.

Pray vardy rediscovers his form. Perez goes prime march-may Newcastle perez where he used to score all his goals in a season and under discovers what a leicestet looks like.

This ain't over, convinced of it.

You're quite right, no way is this over, but that's an awful lot of praying you'll be busy with there!