Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

The revelation that Charles has blocked his number/ declined his calls was a big point in the interview . After the loss of his mum that is surely unforgivable ( if true) 

But that was followed by harry saying charles is taking his calls again.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

But that was followed by harry saying charles is taking his calls again.

Don't know what the big deal is, my Dad didn't talk to me for a month when I called him a c*** a long time ago. lol

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, bmt said:

No offence but this is completely baseless and feeds into a narrative started by the British media.

Having one experience of something isn't a good basis for an argument which is dependent on statements like "have a high percentage of their populace who".

No, not completely baseless. If we couldn’t make suppositions and put our thoughts forward this wouldn’t be much of a discussion forum - we don’t know anything yet and I have no horse in the race - in fact I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

Whether she is good as an actress or not shouldn't detract from anything she said, especially considering she mentioned MH and having suicidal thoughts. You don't get to that stage or conveying that level of desperation or feeling without really meaning it. 

And if we're using the fact she was an actress as a stick to beat her with and to not believe her, then I presume we never should believe anything any actor/actress says ever away from the shows they're on. Because after all, they're just acting, right? 

What concerns me the most anyway is just the general treatment of Meghan as a human being. Forget who she's married to or in to. Forget her career. What exactly are the media wanting from her? Or wanting her to do? Commit suicide? Martyr her like they did with Caroline Flack? Then if she does do that, act all sympathetic as if they had no role to play in their demise? It's tragic what the mainstream media has become anyway. I'm not saying not to have an opinion on her, or even to like her, but to villify her to such an extent (and other public figures) just feeds in to the frenzy around them. 

Kind of on a note to what @UpTheLeagueFox posted. Why does it have to be so divisive? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, String fellow said:

All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages. That is according to Shakespeare in As You Like It. Could it perhaps be that Meghan is currently playing the victim role as she laughs all the way to the bank? Let's not forget that nobody forced her into marrying into the Windsors. And Harry, if he loves his father as we were informed, would he really criticise him so publicly?

Yeah exactly. Some fame (attention) and some cash and status. The victim role/smear campaign would be classic signs of what this could be.

4 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Yeah exactly. Some fame (attention) and some cash and status. The victim role/smear campaign would be classic signs of what this could be.

This argument makes no sense. There is far more money, fame and status in remaining a working member of the royals....

49 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If it isn't too much for you to talk about, would it be ok to elaborate here?

Feel free to say you don't want to clarify further, though.

No it’s fine, I’m over it now (just about).

In a nutshell, I was fvcked over by a woman who has a serious personality disorder. She pretended to be someone she wasn’t, and did a very good job of it. Look up malignant narcissist, in particular the lovebomb/devalue/discard/hoover cycle.

Its on the DMT5 and she ticked every box. And I didn’t have a clue until I’d moved in with her...

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This argument makes no sense. There is far more money, fame and status in remaining a working member of the royals....

And a lot of restrictions that go with it. She might have loved the idea to start with, but if my theory is true things can quickly change if she wanted out - I.e she wouldn’t do it in a way that made her look bad.  And what’s the best way to do that?

As I say, it’s just a theory.

3 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

In a nutshell, I was fvcked over by a woman who has a serious personality disorder. She pretended to be someone she wasn’t, and did a very good job of it. Look up malignant narcissist, in particular the lovebomb/devalue/discard/hoover cycle.

Its on the DMT5 and she ticked every box. And I didn’t have a clue until I’d moved in with her...

Sorry that happened to you mate. What I meant with my earlier post is the estimated number of women falling into that category is 1/200 (from a quick google post), and people are often blinded by their personal experience of something which is actually not that likely to happen.

12 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

She was already famous before she met him for fvck's sake. You really think she'd make up being suicidal for a bit of cash, knowing that her children will one day find out about everything that was said in the interview in future?

I think the worst thing you can accuse her of (if you want to - some people are clearly desperate to accuse her of something) is being too naive about how the Royal Family operates before she got involved with it. From what he was saying, it sounds like Harry was as sick of the institution as she was. Hard to blame him when you see how it treated his mum.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, bmt said:

What is everybody's obsession with calling people names (gammon, snowflake, etc.)?

It's a good litmus test.  If somebody gets offended at a term invented to describe unsavoury people and would choose to pursue that thread in the middle of a conversation about social inequality, or if they use the word snowflake in an unironic fashion, then it lets the rest of us know to steer clear.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, bmt said:

Sorry that happened to you mate. What I meant with my earlier post is the estimated number of women falling into that category is 1/200 (from a quick google post), and people are often blinded by their personal experience of something which is actually not that likely to happen.

It’s fine, no worries. As I say it’s a theory - but there are parallels with not just what happened to me but the standard pattern of this type of relationship.

5 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

Same here. It turned out that access to my wallet was her only objective. Tbh, anyone can say stuff about feeling suicidal - it's a classic tool used by those wishing to manipulate others. Most actual suicides occur without any prior warning, apart perhaps from signs of depression. I know from personal experience.  

• Like 2