Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Whilst on this subject, what about Beatrice and Eugenie?

...I am 41, been married long enough... there is a song out there..."face down...." 

To be fair they could think i am ugly....who am i kidding???? I am a good looking man so i know they would shag melol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well first of all these aren't born to a daughter they are born to a son, so no change. Also they recently changed the line of succession to put it in birth order rather than a man usurping the female, so they can change, so neither of your points stand up.

The two daughters of the second son of the Queen both got the choice to be called Princesses, but the children of the second child of the next Monarch won't get that option. Is that fair?

You said 'I  think direct descendents of the Monarch and their children are fair enough to be given titles, not too much to expect is it?' and my point was that they already don't. Anne's children were not automatically given a title so why should Archie when he's a generation further removed? 

The lineage to the throne has been altered now so that females aren't penalised in the order, and that's a good thing imo. That doesn't mean I think people other than those directly in line should be given titles, I think we have enough as it is.

Of course the grandchildren of the monarch born to males are HRH, that is the protocol. You are talking about a generation further down.

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

You said 'I  think direct descendents of the Monarch and their children are fair enough to be given titles, not too much to expect is it?' and my point was that they already don't. Anne's children were not automatically given a title so why should Archie when he's a generation further removed? 

The lineage to the throne has been altered now so that females aren't penalised in the order, and that's a good thing imo. That doesn't mean I think people other than those directly in line should be given titles, I think we have enough as it is.

Of course the grandchildren of the monarch born to males are HRH, that is the protocol. You are talking about a generation further down.

Will Archie not be the grandchild born to the male son of a Monarch when Charles becomes king? The point is he they would normally offer that grandchild a title, they won't be this time. Its not that they expect it now, they expected it when Charles becomes King, they've been told they won't be offered it.

Are Eugene and Beatrice in direct line to the throne? They never have been as far as I know lol So why were they offered titles, but Harry's kids won't be? 

1 hour ago, Fox42 said:

So I’m seeing “Oh Gary” trending on Twitter at the moment. My initial thought was correct...

Licking Morgans arse because he has all the inside info on the multiple press injunction orders Gary has knocking around. 

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Will Archie not be the grandchild born to the male son of a Monarch when Charles becomes king? The point is he they would normally offer that grandchild a title, they won't be this time. Its not that they expect it now, they expected it when Charles becomes King, they've been told they won't be offered it.

Are Eugene and Beatrice in direct line to the throne? They never have been as far as I know lol So why were they offered titles, but Harry's kids won't be? 

Archie may well receive a title when Charles becomes King, who knows? He is not a grandchild so would not normally be offered a title at present, which is what has happened. The royal family has talked about removing this privilege as I have already said, Charles apparently wants to slim down the royal family. I don't blame him, and I certainly don't think it's because Harry married Meghan lol

Eugenie and Beatrice are the grandchildren born to the son of the monarch, and as such they get HRH titles, Archie is the great grandchild. Protocol treats the generations differently, and has done for many years. It's not new. 

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Archie may well receive a title when Charles becomes King, who knows? He is not a grandchild so would not normally be offered a title at present, which is what has happened. The royal family has talked about removing this privilege as I have already said, Charles apparently wants to slim down the royal family. I don't blame him, and I certainly don't think it's because Harry married Meghan lol

Eugenie and Beatrice are the grandchildren born to the son of the monarch, and as such they get HRH titles, Archie is the great grandchild. Protocol treats the generations differently, and has done for many years. It's not new. 

This is exactly right, which is why Princess Eugenie's recently born son, August, also doesn't have a title.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I really can't be arsed, I think you're purposely missing the point. You keep repeating the same thing that's totally irrelevant to the point.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

I really can't be arsed, I think you're purposely missing the point. You keep repeating the same thing that's totally irrelevant to the point.

So what is your point? You asked about Eugenie and Beatrice, I've answered. You said all grandchildren of the monarch should be offered titles, I've explained that only applies to those born to her sons. You said Archie would normally be offered a title when Charles becomes King, it's been discussed that he may not, and I've explained why that is. What have I missed?

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So what is your point? You asked about Eugenie and Beatrice, I've answered. You said all grandchildren of the monarch should be offered titles, I've explained that only applies to those born to her sons. You said Archie would normally be offered a title when Charles becomes King, it's been discussed that he may not, and I've explained why that is. What have I missed?

I think if Beatrice and Eugenie have kids that are offered titles and Harry's aren't, then we have a problem.

Until that's the case, it doesn't really matter. It's at the monarch's discretion and I don't see why anyone would be singled out because of spite.

Just now, FoxesDeb said:

You keep saying Archie is a generation further on. That's was never the point, it's not about now, it's about the future. You said those in direct line to the throne born the son of the monarch got offered titles. Neither Andrew or Edwards children's are in direct line to the throne but we're offered titles, Edward didn't want them and it was a joint decision, but Andrew took up the option.

Maybe your right about Charles, but can you see why Harry and Meghan might feel a bit put out. It wasn't even a joint decision like with Edward, it was just refused. If it is the case, why are they getting pelters for feeling put out rather than Charles getting pelters for how he's dealt with it. He's clearly not been very tactful or very clear of his intentions to his son. He's not discussed it with him, just told him. 

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I think if Beatrice and Eugenie have kids that are offered titles and Harry's aren't, then we have a problem.

Until that's the case, it doesn't really matter. It's at the monarch's discretion and I don't see why anyone would be singled out because of spite.

They won't ever be the grandchild of a Monarch, so no its not the same is it.

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You keep saying Archie is a generation further on. That's was never the point, it's not about now, it's about the future. You said those in direct line to the throne born the son of the monarch got offered titles. Neither Andrew or Edwards children's are in direct line to the throne but we're offered titles, Edward didn't want them and it was a joint decision, but Andrew took up the option.

Maybe your right about Charles, but can you see why Harry and Meghan might feel a bit put out. It wasn't even a joint decision like with Edward, it was just refused. If it is the case, why are they getting pelters for feeling put out rather than Charles getting pelters for how he's dealt with it. He's clearly not been very tactful or very clear of his intentions to his son. He's not discussed it with him, just told him. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56325934

That explains it.

A line in there says " she went on to say that she had been told when she was pregnant that "they want to change the convention for Archie" so he would not become a prince."

I presume this would be for the entire family, but Meghan has managed to word it so it sounds like they're picking on Archie.

Edited by tom27111

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56325934

That explains it.

A line in there says " she went on to say that she had been told when she was pregnant that "they want to change the convention for Archie" so he would not become a prince."

I presume this would be for the entire family, such as Eugenie's son, but Meghan has managed to word it so it sounds like they're picking on Archie.

Er no. Archie as the grandchild of the Monarch would normally be offered the title, they said they are changing it. Eugene son will never be the grandchild of a Monarch, so wouldn't be offered it. So its only affecting her and Harry's children, so you can see why they might feel singled out. 

Edited by Facecloth

Just now, Facecloth said:

Er no. Archie as the grandchild of the Monarch would normally be offered the title, they said they are changing it. Eugene son will never be the grandchild of a Monarch, so wouldn't be offered it.

Yeah, sorry. I've corrected that.

Just now, tom27111 said:

Yeah, sorry. I've corrected that.

You say it'll affect the entire family, but right now they are the only part of the family it effects. And when Williams is king, this wouldn't stop him offering the title to Charlotte or Louis children. All this change does is mean that Charles doesn't have to offer it to Harry kids, which it's clear he won't. So it only affects Harry and Meghan and their part of the family.

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

You say it'll affect the entire family, but right now they are the only part of the family it effects. And when Williams is king, this wouldn't stop him offering the title to Charlotte or Louis children. All this change does is mean that Charles doesn't have to offer it to Harry kids, which it's clear he won't. So it only affects Harry and Meghan and their part of the family.

Yeah, you're right.

But if they don't want to be part of the family, publicly, why would they want titles for their children?

They seem to want to pick and choose what privileges they can have.

Finances, security, titles...

It doesn't work like that.

As I said earlier, we'll never know the full truth. The sooner this blows over, the better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

But it is about being a generation further on. The grandchildren of the monarch born through sons get titles. Charles' children as direct heir to the throne would get them automatically. Andrew's children (Eugenie and Beatrice) get them too as their dad is the Queen's son. Edward's children could have had them but turned them down, and as Anne is a woman her children were not entitled to them.

As the first grandchild William is the heir to the throne, and as such his children are also automatically entitled to HRH status. This is the generation where the automatic titles cease for all apart from the direct heir.

It wasn't ever going to be a 'joint decision' for Harry's children like with Edward, there was no decision to make, it's the way it has always been. Edward is the monarch's son and Harry is her grandson, it's a different protocol, and always has been. Edwards children were entitled to HRH, Harry's aren't. As to why they are getting pelters for feeling put out, maybe it's because people have taken what they said as gospel, rather than having an understanding of how it actually works? FWIW they were offered the title of Earl for Archie, which they turned down.

As for Charles and whether or not he goes through with his 'slimming down', who knows what he will do? Archie may well yet get the title she wants for him at the time that the protocol dictates, which is when Charles becomes King. That remains to be seen when the time actually comes, but for now it's only been talked about within the family, as far as I know nothing has actually been decided yet. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

To be fair I couldn't give a shit about their titles. Makes no difference to me.

I'm more concerned and appalled at how they get treated so disgustingly with so much contempt by the public/media. That's what has to change, for me. 

Everyone's always encouraged to speak up, speak out, talk about mental health and their own feelings. Someone (be it Meghan or not) does that and they get accused of lying, shot down and told 'she knew what she was getting in to'. It's a weak cop-out to say that to someone who expresses they experienced suicidal thoughts. I sincerely hope those people directing such criticism at them never experience such a low to feel that way, and if they do, I hope they never get accused of having made it up and having to deal with that on top of everything else...

:appl:

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, you're right.

But if they don't want to be part of the family, publicly, why would they want titles for their children?

They seem to want to pick and choose what privileges they can have.

Finances, security, titles...

It doesn't work like that.

As I said earlier, we'll never know the full truth. The sooner this blows over, the better.

Well this has all come from they're treatment hasn't it. From the press and some members of the family has all cumulated in this. It was pretty clear from last night, this is all due to Charles. I'd put money on him being the one who asked about skin colour. They said they wanted to step back in thus country, but go elsewhere and support the family, but was told in no uncertain terms that wasn't going to happen. Then they get  told they won't be offered the titles.