Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Royal Family

When Liz pops it they should all be forced into normality, when I say 'all' that includes anyone else who benefitted from being a Royal like Harry and Meghan too 

I want to see Harry and Meghan flipping burgers in Mickey D's, Charles dealing with items that wont scan properly in Tesco at the self service tills, Kate cleaning the office after a christmas do, etc. Get a chimney sweep broom in the hands of George while we're at it.

William seems alright but theres probably some dirt on him we dont know about - he can be a Deliveroo driver.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

When Liz pops it they should all be forced into normality, when I say 'all' that includes anyone else who benefitted from being a Royal like Harry and Meghan too 

I want to see Harry and Meghan flipping burgers in Mickey D's, Charles dealing with items that wont scan properly in Tesco at the self service tills, Kate cleaning the office after a christmas do, etc. Get a chimney sweep broom in the hands of George while we're at it.

William seems alright but theres probably some dirt on him we dont know about - he can be a Deliveroo driver.

Rumours are William had an affair and Harry found out, and that's why they originally fell out.

I find it hard to see past the idea that the whole thing is so outdated and everyone involved is just a willy puller basically.

The Royals, the institution and idiots who run their show, the gutter press and the silly naive girl who apparently had no idea what it would be like. Every person involved has such a sense of entitlement.

The whole dynamic needs to change. A reason given for that no Royal came out and defended Meghan was the symbiotic relationship between Royal household and tabloid press - that one needs the other to survive. I don’t care for either personally.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It absolutely could have been innocent. No doubt at all.

But I just have the picture in my head of Phillip swaggering into the breakfast table "so, your pregnant......"

I imagine many have a similar picture. However, according to Harry yesterday, it was neither the Queen nor Prince Philip who made the remarks.

10 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I imagine many have a similar picture. However, according to Harry yesterday, it was neither the Queen nor Prince Philip who made the remarks.

Yeah, I definately got the impression that it was Charles. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This is brilliant. I've seen guests storm out but never a presenter. 

As I read earlier on Twitter, man who yesterday mocks the idea that years of abuse could see Meghan suicidal cracks after less than a minute of negative comment.  Twat.

• Like 2

Just now, Duquesne Whistle said:

Ah, that's the impression I got too. Wasn't sure if I was way out of whack though.

It doesn't matter that much, what matters is the context that we can never know.  Parents say things privately to their children to help them see the potential consequences.  In this case I could well imagine Charles or William pointing out to Harry that the press / racists twats could get worse in the event that their child was darker skinned.  Harry reports this back to Meghan who hears the worst.  Not exactly unheard of when your in laws are concerned is it?

On the other hand I can easily believe the institution was completely unable to help, understand or support Meghan.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

So Piers Morgan is happy to go on rants slagging people off yet as soon as someone even questions him he storms off like a mardy teenager. He is truly pathetic, the guy didn’t even have a go at him just pointed out what Piers himself has been doing. I’m starting to think it might just all be an act and he isn’t a real person but an actor who has been tasked to portray a massive weapon. 

A lot of folk seem to have forgotten that Meghan was also an actress. As such, she could have said virtually anything in the interview, and it would have been believed by anyone with an anti-Royalist agenda. Maybe everyone should reserve judgement until we've heard both versions of events.

• Like 1

Piers Morgan amazes me. How can such a giant bellend keep doing well I'll never know. Funny how he calls everyone a snowflake if they can't handle the questions he asks but as soon as he's put on the spot he crumbles like a wet paper bag.

All his cohost said was he has some weird hate boner for these two and he needs to chill out. Look at his articles on Megan...he reminds me of some fat neckbeard that's been rejected by a bird online and now he's going to do everything he can to crush her 😡😡😡

D20AA923-77B2-409F-B6AF-5BCE72A91083.jpeg

Edited by Christoph

2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

A lot of folk seem to have forgotten that Meghan was also an actress. As such, she could have said virtually anything in the interview, and it would have been believed by anyone with an anti-Royalist agenda. Maybe everyone should reserve judgement until we've heard both versions of events.

Wild guess here but I'm betting you never actually watched suits...

She wasn't that good an actress and if she was, she would probably still be doing it. 

55 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Yeah, I definately got the impression that it was Charles. 

That was my assumption, too. If Harry reportedly made a point of telling Oprah that it wasn't the Queen or Philip who commented on skin colour, surely he'd have also mentioned his father if it wasn't him?

Though Oprah used an odd form of words - "it was not [the Queen or Philip] who were part of those conversations". So, there could have been multiple people and occasions involved (and William wasn't ruled out either)?

I do wonder whether, if the comment was made by someone in the family, it might have been made as black humour [no pun intended], but has been sincerely misunderstood or insincerely misused as a serious racist slur?

Remembering certain comments that Charles has made ("whatever love means" etc.), it wouldn't surprise me if he'd made such a comment as risqué black humour - and would surprise me slightly if he'd been pig ignorant enough to mean it seriously.

Anyway, I only find all this mildly interesting as a curious spectacle, so won't get into it too much. I'm closer to @ozleicester's priority list. :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Have you seen Suits?  I am not 100% sure she is that good.

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

That was my assumption, too. If Harry reportedly made a point of telling Oprah that it wasn't the Queen or Philip who commented on skin colour, surely he'd have also mentioned his father if it wasn't him?

Though Oprah used an odd form of words - "it was not [the Queen or Philip] who were part of those conversations". So, there could have been multiple people and occasions involved (and William wasn't ruled out either)?

I do wonder whether, if the comment was made by someone in the family, it might have been made as black humour [no pun intended], but has been sincerely misunderstood or insincerely misused as a serious racist slur?

Remembering certain comments that Charles has made ("whatever love means" etc.), it wouldn't surprise me if he'd made such a comment as risqué black humour - and would surprise me slightly if he'd been pig ignorant enough to mean it seriously.

Anyway, I only find all this mildly interesting as a curious spectacle, so won't get into it too much. I'm closer to @ozleicester's priority list. :D

I mean, it certainly COULD have been taken the wrong way. Absolutely no doubt about that. Then add in the fact that Archie was the first of the great grand children NOT to have been given a title and its easy to see why they started to build the race picture in their head. 

...Or in fact there was some sort of racial undertones to it. Probably not so much racism but rather concerns over keeping up with appearances and traditions. We will never know.  

I would say though that you would expect Harry to understand his Dads humour...

24 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I feel duty bound to throw in here, as I've done before, for the benefit of all those that say the Royals are good for tourism, that France killed its Royal Family and I still paid money to visit the Palace of Versailles

I don't think they had tourism in France at the end of the 18th century, but if they did, you certainly wouldn't have got a day pass on the Chunnel.

11 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I mean, it certainly COULD have been taken the wrong way. Absolutely no doubt about that. Then add in the fact that Archie was the first of the great grand children NOT to have been given a title and its easy to see why they started to build the race picture in their head. 

...Or in fact there was some sort of racial undertones to it. Probably not so much racism but rather concerns over keeping up with appearances and traditions. We will never know.  

I would say though that you would expect Harry to understand his Dads humour...

All fair points regarding the nature of the comment - especially about Harry being familiar with his father's sense of humour (if Charles was involved). Who knows? May or may not become clearer.

I don't think that it's true that Archie was the first great-grandchild not to be given a title, though, is it?

Old Queenie already had 4 great-grandchildren via Anne who had no title and now has another via Andrew: nos. 11, 17, 18, 19 & 20 in the line of succession: https://www.britroyals.com/succession.asp

Also in that succession list are 2 grandchildren - Peter Phillips & Zara Tindall (Nos. 16 & 19) - who have no title.

The protocol on who does or doesn't get a title seems to date from the time of George V, but Charles intends to reduce the number with titles: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/08/why-meghan-harry-son-archie-denied-title-prince-mixed-race

• Like 2