Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Thakgalo Leshabela

Just now, IsItMuzzy said:

Looked really positive when coming on (a bit easier at 5-0 up of course). Some nice bits of skill and a lovely ball over the top to Albrighton. Genuine question, why is he further down the pecking order than Tavares? 

Positions I’d say.

11 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Looked better than Tavares but to be fair Leshabela played against the worst PL peformance (from a team with 11 men) I have seen since we came up. Good sign of things to come.

Deffo. Played a couple nice balls and got about the place. Wasn't afraid to get on the ball. Very positive to see 👌

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Looked really positive when coming on (a bit easier at 5-0 up of course). Some nice bits of skill and a lovely ball over the top to Albrighton. Genuine question, why is he further down the pecking order than Tavares? 

...probably style and creativity....!!!

He is solid in the middle of the park and can pick a pass but he shores up the midfield. His biggest asset for me is he is a pragmatic player, when things are going right or wrong he is level headed and keeps it simple.

Just now, IsItMuzzy said:

Tavares  its 2 years younger, Tavares  play for  Portugal, better than south Africa,  Tavares better player  and Tavares  got half europe after him ,  I could be here all day  explaining to you that  a young prospect and better player  are more important  to any team, its reality I'm sorry  to be honest 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...probably style and creativity....!!!

He is solid in the middle of the park and can pick a pass but he shores up the midfield. His biggest asset for me is he is a pragmatic player, when things are going right or wrong he is level headed and keeps it simple.

Admittedly he couldn't have picked a better time to come on, but I was equally impressed. I liked his positional sense and decision-making (as you said, level-headed), positive and unafraid.  One particular moment was when Castagne (i think) pushed on ahead and Leshabela looked up, assessed the situation, and slotted in behind him as a precaution.  Small moments...

I too hope he isn't left behind but that Rodgers looks to find other moment's to give him a go.

• Like 1

Hahahaa I knew this would be a comparison of Leshabela to Tavares. Some fans are genuinely irked that I've championed a classy young player who appeared on his way out and he's then suddenly got games out of nowhere. It's quite clear Tavares has very good technique, the amount of times Rodgers has talked about him in recent weeks when you compare to our other young players coming through shows what he thinks of him.

Leshabela is a good player, different to Tavares. He's not an attacking midfielder nor a creator as such, more of a box to box player that we want Hamza to be. 

Good cameo but let's remember the opposition and the scoreline, the sort of opportunity and environment you want to give these young players. Can't wait to see Tavares in such an occasion too.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaa I knew this would be a comparison of Leshabela to Tavares. Some fans are genuinely irked that I've championed a classy young player who appeared on his way out and he's then suddenly got games out of nowhere. It's quite clear Tavares has very good technique, the amount of times Rodgers has talked about him in recent weeks when you compare to our other young players coming through shows what he thinks of him.

Leshabela is a good player, different to Tavares. He's not an attacking midfielder nor a creator as such, more of a box to box player that we want Hamza to be. 

Good cameo but let's remember the opposition and the scoreline, the sort of opportunity and environment you want to give these young players. Can't wait to see Tavares in such an occasion too.

Where was Tavares today? Wots the story?

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Not sure you can take a comparison as fans being irked that you've championed him. I think Tavares looked promising in his two appearances so far, and Leshabela also looked promising today. Albeit against weak opposition at 5-0 up. Just asking why he's seen by the club as less of a prospect than Tavares as I've not seen much of either of them outside the first team. 

If Hamza goes in the summer and Tavares resigns and is sent on loan then hopefully we'll see Leshabela a bit more in cup games or off the bench. If he does get game time and develops into a good player then our midfield options will be ridiculous. Would be great in a few seasons time to have a midfield full of academy players. 

55 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Not sure you can take a comparison as fans being irked that you've championed him. I think Tavares looked promising in his two appearances so far, and Leshabela also looked promising today. Albeit against weak opposition at 5-0 up. Just asking why he's seen by the club as less of a prospect than Tavares as I've not seen much of either of them outside the first team. 

If Hamza goes in the summer and Tavares resigns and is sent on loan then hopefully we'll see Leshabela a bit more in cup games or off the bench. If he does get game time and develops into a good player then our midfield options will be ridiculous. Would be great in a few seasons time to have a midfield full of academy players. 

There is, there's plenty of posters who seem bemused that he's gone from absolutely nowhere to suddenly being in the team. I understand, it must be pretty tedious reading my relentless drivel at times.

Anyway, he's seen as more promising purely because he's got very good technique and Rodgers has had him training on and off with the 1st team since he was 17. Been the jewel in the crown in the youth teams through the years, just hope he goes on to be a success here as he has it all.

• Like 2