Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Thakgalo Leshabela

Leshabela seems to have been around the first team squad for a while, I think it was the 2019 preseason where it looked like he might have a chance of making it into the team even back  when we didn't have injury concerns. He was used loads in the friendlies and did really well but then he seemed to just fall off the face of the Earth as soon as the season started.

Good to see him today though, certainly the perfect game to be introduced into as Sheff Utd had basically finished the game and left some mannequins out there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Seriously, what did he do that was that special? I think people are going overboard again.

Special? Nothing. But he had some very nice touches, good intensity and great endeavour. 

Haven't seen anyone calling him the next big thing :dunno:

Just now, baldeagle said:

Well he didn’t do a horrendous back pass that led to the opposition scoring a goal for starters 

Call me old fashioned, but I don't think that necessarily makes him a first team regular.

He came on for 10 minutes against a beaten side, he didn't have a shot on goal, a defence splitting pass or create a chance. He might turn out to be brilliant in the future but the praise he's getting atm doesn't seem based on much.

• Like 1

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Special? Nothing. But he had some very nice touches, good intensity and great endeavour. 

Haven't seen anyone calling him the next big thing :dunno:

Somebody wants him to play against Man U next week? Who are we going to drop to make room for him?

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Somebody wants him to play against Man U next week? Who are we going to drop to make room for him?

But they also want to play Tavares who hasn't done much either, so wouldn't read much into that. Full strength for that game please.

Every time I’ve seen him play he’s looked energetic like hamza but naturally more comfortable on the ball. Nice cameo and time to come on. Needs first team experience and unfortunately he won’t get that here next season when everyone fit. A loan move be good for him.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Call me old fashioned, but I don't think that necessarily makes him a first team regular.

He came on for 10 minutes against a beaten side, he didn't have a shot on goal, a defence splitting pass or create a chance. He might turn out to be brilliant in the future but the praise he's getting atm doesn't seem based on much.

Often the case 

I was pleased to see him introduced ideal opportunity, nothing to gain by bringing on Mendy or Hamza, how anyone can say much either positive or negative about the lad from this, as with Tavares recently and taking my mind back to Justins first cameo appearances, you'd have to say he has potential, some nice tidy touches, but like Barnes and KDH a loan move in the championship next season probably best, that doesn't mean to say he may not have another 2-3 cameos between now and the end of the season.

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Alright mate, just giving the lad a bit of praise, jeez...

• 4 weeks later...

On a more general note, it must be an incentive for young players signing for the City development squad that it they do well there is a very good chance of being involved with the fist team.. Apart from Leshabela and Tavares, there is Daley Campbell & now Suengchitthawon this season. It's also testament to those responsible for training and development of the development squad - and hopefully others may join Barnes next season in being in team, or regularly in first team squad (Dewsbury Hall having the greatest chance).

• Like 3