Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Overseas XI

There are so many overseas players that have represented us,  think we need to narrow the field:

European XI                        Rest Of The World XI                  Scottish XI              Welsh & Irish XI           Leicester born XI           

Schmeichel                           Keller                                          Andrews                Ward                             Shilton

Ricardo                                 Sinclair                                        Williams                Ramsey                        Johnson

Huth                                      Wague                                        Elliott                     Taggart                          Cross

Soyuncu                                Ndidi                                          McLintock              Evans                            Dublin                             

Fuchs                                    Tiatto                                          Davidson               O'Neill                           Thomas

Kante                                    Cambiasso                                 Mauchlen              Savage                          Choudhury                      

Tielemans                             Solano                                        MacAllister             King                               Oakes                            

Praet                                     Musa                                           Speedie                 Lennon                          Peake

Mancini                                 Iheanacho                                   Young                    Roberts                         Lineker

Gunnlaugssen                      Wood                                           Gibson                   Quinn                            Heskey                          

Knockaert                             Mahrez                                        Wilson                    Daly                               Barnes                          

I've got too much time on my hands :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Huth

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Kante

Cambiasso

Tielemans

Mahrez

Iheanacho

Okazaki

Pretty easy until the forward positions. It seems our forwards have all been proper brexit. X 

That midfield doesn't sit right on a Leicester forum. Incredible lol

I agree with the rest but would have Ulloa in for Nacho at the moment at least.

• Like 1

Got me thinking about the various nationalities that have played for us over the years.

italian, french,german,Spanish, Argentinian, danish, Japanese, Austrian, Nigerian, Finnish, Icelandic, Ghanaian, New Zealand, USA, Algerian Belgian etc.

aside from a Brazilian are there any other nationalities that have not been represented? Have we ever had a Norwegian or Swiss player for example? A bit sparse in respect of Eastern Europe apart from Poland.

46 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Got me thinking about the various nationalities that have played for us over the years.

italian, french,german,Spanish, Argentinian, danish, Japanese, Austrian, Nigerian, Finnish, Icelandic, Ghanaian, New Zealand, USA, Algerian Belgian etc.

aside from a Brazilian are there any other nationalities that have not been represented? Have we ever had a Norwegian or Swiss player for example? A bit sparse in respect of Eastern Europe apart from Poland.

Inler (Swiss).

Kaamark (Sweden), Solano (Peru), Tiatto (Australia), Zagorakis (Greece), Benkovic (Croatia), Hume (Canada) not on your list.

Edited by murphy

22 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Swiss - Gokhan inler and Gelson Fernandes.

Can't think of anyone from Norway but had a few from Sweden.

We've had players from

Croatia - Kramaric

Slovenia - Crncic

Hungary - Fulop, Bori, Futacs

Bulgaria - Tunchev

Czech Republic - Bednar

for Eastern Europe.

Also Ivory coast - Sol Bamba

Greece - Theo Zagorakis

Mali - Diabate

Australian - Thatto, Henderson 

South Africa - Leshabela

Edited by slymunn
Update

38 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Kjetil Osvold was one of Bryan Hamiltons more forgettable signings.

4 games for us on loan from notts forest

37 caps for Norway

Famous for once nutmegging Maradona.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Another of Hamiltons scandinavians was Yari Rantanen.

Human tank of a player he played 13 times for us netting 3 times

29 caps for Finland

Famous for wearing undersize shorts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, boots60 said:

Another of Hamiltons scandinavians was Yari Rantanen.

Human tank of a player he played 13 times for us netting 3 times

29 caps for Finland

Famous for wearing undersize shorts.

I remember Jari.  He must have been 7'3".  He could make the lamp posts XI along with Ormondroyd and Kalac

48 minutes ago, murphy said:

I remember Jari.  He must have been 7'3".  He could make the lamp posts XI along with Ormondroyd and Kalac

There was a couple of weeks when Jari, up front with Mike Newell and fed by Ian Wilson, threatened to take the division (2nd as was, Championship as is) by storm. I seem to remember two successive 4-goal wins?

Then we sold Ian Wilson to Everton.

• Like 1

The 'sounds a bit like something you might find in your garden' 5-a-side team:

Tim Flowers

Rodney Fern

Mark Venus-Flytrap

The Birch

Ken Leek

Yes, I'm bored.  I'm supposed to do some painting today and I'm trying to put it off.

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

The 'sounds a bit like something you might find in your garden' 5-a-side team:

Tim Flowers

Rodney Fern

Mark Venus-Flytrap

The Birch

Ken Leek

Yes, I'm bored.  I'm supposed to do some painting today and I'm trying to put it off.

How about a rockstar XI? Lennon, Gallagher, Flowers...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mint23 said:

Anyone having Nallis just for his goal against Leeds? 

Nalis scored a couple great goals for us. Granted everybody refers to the Leeds goal, rightly so, but he was a decent finisher.

Edited by Fox92

2 hours ago, slymunn said:

Swiss - Gokhan inler and Gelson Fernandes.

Can't think of anyone from Norway but had a few from Sweden.

We've had players from

Croatia - Kramaric

Slovenia - Crncic

Hungary - Fulop, Bori, Futacs

Bulgaria - Tunchev

Czech Republic - Bednar

for Eastern Europe.

Also Ivory coast - Sol Bamba

Greece - Theo Zagorakis

Mali - Diabate

Australian - Thatto, Henderson 

South Africa - Leshabela

Norway finally my man Kjetil Osvold on loan from Forest. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

There was a couple of weeks when Jari, up front with Mike Newell and fed by Ian Wilson, threatened to take the division (2nd as was, Championship as is) by storm. I seem to remember two successive 4-goal wins?

Then we sold Ian Wilson to Everton.

I think one of those wins was against Oldham.I remember that we suddenly looked formidable,then in true City style had to sell our best player.Jari was about as an exotic signing that a club like Leicester could have made back then when overseas players were quite rare.Plus he had scored against England.I was so excited 😆.Pleat wasn’t so impressed.He became a much loved ressie in the old Central League and put in some great performances.The best being a match winning game against a star studded Man U who needed a win to stay up or win the League?? I can’t remember which. 

• Like 1