Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ironically, it'll be Chelsea and Liverpool the most likely to even challenge other sides in that league. Arsenal and Spurs just in it for the money and the marketing. They're winning fvck all in any Super League as well. 

What these clubs never realise is, is someone has to finish last. And if they finish last consistently they’ll become irrelevant. 

Just now, Fox in the North said:

What these clubs never realise is, is someone has to finish last. And if they finish last consistently they’ll become irrelevant. 

Irrelevant to the Super League but their plan is to have the other foot in the PL where they will have even more money to ensure the likes of us can't compete. 

Guest Bert Fill
3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Doesn’t bother them. It’s about money, not about winning anything.

FIFA. UEFA The FA and all the other FAs should counter their bluff with their own and say go but you're no longer welcome to compete in your domestic leagues.

• Like 4

Guest Bert Fill
15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ironically, it'll be Chelsea and Liverpool the most likely to even challenge other sides in that league. Arsenal and Spurs just in it for the money and the marketing. They're winning fvck all in any Super League as well. 

They’re all just in it for the money. The money is the only thing any of this is about.

16 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It will get boycotted if it’s goes ahead. It is literally just a money grab to the detriment of all other clubs and leagues. If it does go ahead then the governing bodies of football should carry out their threats. All players in those teams banned from international football, banned for 5 years from playing in any other league and all competing clubs banned from every other competition FOREVER. So when the farce collapses they can never compete for any cup outside of their own league. 

It won’t be the death of football. Football is bigger than any of these petulant money grabbing toddlers. It will end up being the death of them. 

Weird thing is I cannot see people genuinely signing up to watch this league on TV in the numbers they would need. Genuinely fans across Europe are against this. Makes you wonder if any of these daft cvnts have ever heard of the goose that laid the golden egg. Idiots. 

I agree and also have enough faith in people (and their lack of desire to dish out the subscription) to hope this wouldn't work. It would be a shame if their bargaining ploy works though to push through BS historical performance Champions League places.

Just now, Matt said:

Let them go but make sure once they've left they can't come back.

They'll be begging to come back.

100% this.

Also, i think or least would like to hope that no Leicester supporter would pay to watch this cvnt league on moral grounds alone. I say the same for other supporters of english clubs who clearly are in the same boat. Extend this to any league really. Take your league and circle jerk to death with it.

I would also go as far to say that any player who plays in that league cannot play in any english FA team ever.  

3 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Doesn’t bother them. It’s about money, not about winning anything.

But winning nothing won't attract the players.

Yes they'll have the cash to flash to attract the players but they'll go to the team winning stuff, eventually a food chain will be established and a few of them will be at the bottom of that, become pointless, irrelevant and worse off than the others like in any other league.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
1 minute ago, davieG said:

FIFA. UEFA The FA and all the other FAs should counter their bluff with their own and say go but you're no longer welcome to compete in your domestic leagues.

Yeah, but they won’t.

Just like the football league should have said you can start this premier league if you want, but you can’t come back - there won’t be any promotion/relegation between you and us. See how you like that when most of your matches are irrelevant and nobody’s watching.

Guest Bert Fill
4 minutes ago, Matt said:

But winning nothing won't attract the players.

Yes they'll have the cash to flash to attract the players but they'll go to the team winning stuff, eventually a food chain will be established and a few of them will be at the bottom of that, become pointless, irrelevant and worse off than the others like in any other league.

But rich. That’ll be enough for plenty of players.

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Let them go but make sure once they've left they can't come back.

They'll be begging to come back.

Unfortunately I don’t think they will. Although some fans of the big clubs may not like it, the revenue involved will be crazy so the board won’t give a fvck about their own fans opinions. 

Guest Bert Fill
6 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I agree and also have enough faith in people (and their lack of desire to dish out the subscription) to hope this wouldn't work. It would be a shame if their bargaining ploy works though to push through BS historical performance Champions League places.

Some proper fans might feel like that, but they couldn’t care less about them - they’ll be thinking about the millions around the world who only want to watch Barcelona v Man Utd v PSG v Real Madrid all the time because those are the brands they’ve heard of.

7 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

Yeah, but they won’t.

Just like the football league should have said you can start this premier league if you want, but you can’t come back - there won’t be any promotion/relegation between you and us. See how you like that when most of your matches are irrelevant and nobody’s watching.

I hold my hands up I don't know alot around the history of the Premier League start up, however I assumed this was an afilliation between the other leagues that all join up of which promotion/relegation is an integral part.

This "Super League" seems to me that the big clubs in all leagues are feeling abit vulnerable that all the "lesser" teams are closing the gap, results are becoming more unsettled and the "bigger" teams are feeling a pinch and going running scared so they've come up with this idea of a closed shop with no promotions and no relegations.

Of course there is no saying they won't set up a "Super League 2" of which there becomes promotions and relegations.

I don't see how the two are comparable - Please correct me if i'm wrong on the inception of the Premier League, as I said I hold my hands up, the history of it's start up I'm not totally sure of.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

But rich. That’ll be enough for plenty of players.

I can see you're looking at this abit short sighted but there will become a food chain, much like we are.

We can make players rich, they still want more, they still want to leave, to get more, to win things eventually the same will happen in a super league, the same teams will finish top, they same teams will finish lower in the table.

Edited by Matt

Guest Bert Fill
Just now, Matt said:

I can see you're looking at this abit short sighted but there will become a food chain, much like we are.

We can make players rich, they still want more, they still want to leave, to get more, to win things eventually the same will happen in a super league.

Well, I guess we can’t all be blessed with your farsightedness and deep understanding...

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The last time Tottenham won a league title Doctor Who hadn't been broadcast yet, the first James Bond film hadn't been released, and JFK was still alive.

Prince Philip was 40.

That of all things put it into perspective 

This really could be the end of any shred of the working man's game. 

The big six will feck off and join this league. The FA will panic and try and fill the commercial gap with the old firm...

Leagues across Europe will join together (like the proposed Belgian and Dutch) to plug the gaps.....

This will proper shake up all of Football across Europe and I don't think it will be for the better. 

OR....

The FA will soil their undergarments at the thought of losing the likes of Spurs and cave to their demands, catering the EPL around their ability to go and play money games for the Chinese consumer. 

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The last time Tottenham won a league title Doctor Who hadn't been broadcast yet, the first James Bond film hadn't been released, and JFK was still alive.

Prince Philip was 40.

I know people make points of "the last time Spurs won a title" but, more amazingly, they've only won two league titles. Literally less than a range of football league clubs including one who are in the third tier.

Wasn't the Premier league in a nutshell just a renaming of division 1?  It shrunk the league down a bit in terms of number but nothing really changed in terms of actual football.

I'm with others on a breakaway league though.  Just let them go, and if they ever want to come back if it fails etc, make them work up from the bottom like every other team has to.  

I mean, even if we were to win cup after cup and win more league titles, I wouldn't want anything to do with this.  Part of football as a fan is local games, winning and ribbing your mates, losing and dreading going to work.  Rivalries, promotion, relegation,  and everything in between.  With this, it's gone in a heartbeat.

Edited by kristianity77

Wasn't there a half-decent argument in favour of the Premier League: modernising old stadiums through the increased money?

The Super Leauge is a load of suits are demanding more money. I really hope we get to FA Cup final now.

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

The big six will feck off and join this league. The FA will panic and try and fill the commercial gap with the old firm...

Leagues across Europe will join together (like the proposed Belgian and Dutch) to plug the gaps.....

This will proper shake up all of Football across Europe and I don't think it will be for the better. 

OR....

The FA will soil their undergarments at the thought of losing the likes of Spurs and cave to their demands, catering the EPL around their ability to go and play money games for the Chinese consumer. 

They still want to be in the PL these games are instead of them competing in the CL.

Whatever the FA think will have no real bearing on the outcome this is all down to FIFA and UEFA.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

OR....

I think any shred of the working man's game was lost years ago. Replica shirts are now £50...

The PL just wants to be the best/most watched league in the World, and clubs agree to all of that. Supporters/match going fans/fans who buy merchandise, are at the bottom of any list.

• Like 1