Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

You can half understand why the likes of Arsenal and Spurs are desperate to hold on. They know they are a year or two away from drifting away unless they either maintain a top 4 place, win something meaningful or get into something like this to secure themselves.

The champions League is the most overrated thing about football IMO and this will quickly go the same way. I want us to qualify for stature and the opportunity to travel for some fans. I rarely make time to watch it if there is an alternative.

As a mate has just pointed out why do Arsenal want to enter this? They would end up at the bottom of the groups no problem. Money grab cause they are shit. 

There are a few questions to this - where do they think the referees are coming from? Lockdown has proved football on tv had a saturation point. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

You need 14 votes to implement a rule in the Premier League from what I understand. The other 14 clubs should vote in a rule that states that joining this competition will lead to a permanent ban from the Premier League and include the current season. Stop all payments from this season to the clubs involved and then we'll see whether they want to leave. If they do, then stop relegation for this season and promote the top 6 from the championship. Keep the champions league in its current format but exclude the 'super clubs'. Watch their little project crash and burn and then let them back in at the very bottom of the pyramid and let them spend decades working their way back up.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

PSG and Bayern said they aren’t in it 

Would champions League run alongside this? Domination for them.

I haven't fully read up on it but hope UEFA call their bluff and not make desperate pleas for them to stay in the champions League. I think the likely outcome will see them change  something to appease them and stop them leaving.

To be honest, the 'champions League'  without them clubs just got a hell more interesting. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As a mate has just pointed out why do Arsenal want to enter this? They would end up at the bottom of the groups no problem. Money grab cause they are shit. 

There are a few questions to this - where do they think the referees are coming from? Lockdown has proved football on tv had a saturation point. 

The hope would be that the extra money would allow them to compete eventually. 

2 hours ago, adam said:

Who the **** do tottenham think they are. Win absolutely nothing. Its bad enough that they class themselves as one of the big 6. No better than West Ham.

They’ve won nothing and are below west ham in the table... so I think you’ll find the correct sentence is ‘they are worse than west ham’ 

So a lot of international media are reporting the clubs that have agreed to join are the 'Big Six' from England, Barca, Real and Athletico from Spain, Inter, AC and Juventus from Italy. This leads me to ask, How is it a European Super League is it when only three nations are represented?  Also my respect for the French and German teams have increased massively and I'll actively be wanting PSG to win the champions league this season (something I'd never have imagined doing)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Bless the “big, powerhouse clubs” feeling all insecure and vulnerable. :cry:

This is essentially why it's happening. They will never be happy until they get total guarantee of dining at the top tables. It's been restructured enough to benefit certain clubs and because they're that laughably stupid they still can't totally capitalise.

Football has allowed too many people with no care for the sport into it. That's a problem if this goes through or not.

I don't think anybody who cares about football could ever forgive Michel Platini. Somebody who really should've known a lot better, but he was just as corrupt as the rest of them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The hope would be that the extra money would allow them to compete eventually. 

20 clubs end up fighting for the same players with similar budgets and Arsenal become viewed as unfashionable as they over time become an also ran. 

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Would champions League run alongside this? Domination for them.

I haven't fully read up on it but hope UEFA call their bluff and not make desperate pleas for them to stay in the champions League. I think the likely outcome will see them change  something to appease them and stop them leaving.

To be honest, the 'champions League'  without them clubs just got a hell more interesting. 

CL will still run. 

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Good. I’d like to think Bayern are a traditional club with some proper values so I hope they stick two fingers up to it. 

Bayern have members - the reason German clubs are highly unlikely to step into a tournament of this nature. Their members would vote it down as they are fans rather than  businessmen 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

20 clubs end up fighting for the same players with similar budgets and Arsenal become viewed as unfashionable as they over time become an also ran. 

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. Just pointing out what Arsenal will probably think. They can be pretty deluded at the best of times so no doubt they see themselves as equals to the Real Madrid and Man Utds in terms of size.

• Like 1