Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Vardy's Next Goal

Next Time Vardy Scores  

188 members have voted

1. 1. When Will Vardy Score Again?

• West Ham
    • Southampton (FA Cup)
    • West Brom
    • Palace
    • Southampton
    • Newcastle
    • Man Utd
    • Chelsea
    • Spurs
    • Chelsea/Man City (FA Cup Final if we get there)
    • Next season 🙈

My concern is the amount of times he is 'uncharacteristically' caught offside, his first touch is poor and how he is missing chances when he gets them (Vs Man U for example). 

I think the offside issue is because he knows he's lost some pace, so need to ride the line even more riskily 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2021 at 09:21, ttfn said:

No goal in 6 before the Liverpool one either, so 1 goal in his last 16 games and that was a gift.

He’s always been a fairly streaky player and has a dry spell every season. Last season he didn’t score between 20 December and 9 March (9 games). The difference this year is that others (Barnes, Maddison and Iheanacho) have stepped up to fill the gap and Vardy’s all round play has been better than it was in the equivalent dry spell last season, possibly because he’s playing a different role in this front 2. He’s already got 2 more assists this season than last.

Iheanacho obviously isn’t a lone striker but neither is Vardy to be totally honest. Vardy’s best form has usually been alongside another striker whether it be Iheanacho, Okazaki, Ulloa or even Nugent.

When he plays with another striker he can play in wider areas than he could otherwise which suits him, because he can both find more space between central defenders & fullback and he’s at his best creating when cutting the ball back into the box - rather than holding it up centrally.

He’s at least getting chances and is underperforming his xG which is a rarity, he’ll revert to the mean soon enough.

• Like 2

On 04/04/2021 at 09:46, Koke said:

1 goal in 16 games and that was a late birthday present from Alisson Becker. Even if he hits a bit of form iin the coming weeks, a first team striker is a priority signing in the summer. 

I wonder if he's ever had a longer drought for us? After the Man U 5-3 game I presume? 

2 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

My concern is the amount of times he is 'uncharacteristically' caught offside, his first touch is poor and how he is missing chances when he gets them (Vs Man U for example). 

I think the offside issue is because he knows he's lost some pace, so need to ride the line even more riskily 

The irritating thing, if that’s the case, was he didn’t need to do that vs Man City as he had plenty of space.

Vardy's season has been one of two halves - before and after his operation. Ok, he was struggling at times before the op, but still threatened and scored. Ever since, a shadow of himself; I wouldn't be surprised if he has more surgery close season.  Having said that he is still  a valuable member of team because off space he creates, particularly for Iheanacho.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

So errrr when's Vardys next goal coming ?

He does love a goal against the top 6. Certainly Man U / Chelsea x2 / and Tottenham are more likely to play a higher line than the other teams we've played. I think it's pretty likely he scores sometime this season, but at this point his confidence is so low that he is not finishing chances that he would normally score from. 

What a story line it would be though, if Vardy scores a vital goal in either the FA Cup Final or to win a league game that secures Champions League after a long drought. Maybe one last chapter for his biography lol