Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Not The Politics Thread.

1 minute ago, Dunge said:

To be honest, I think Gove’s the one who’s been running this government for some time. Boris is scatty, poor with facts and details, and prone to gaffes. As you say, the one thing he does have is charisma, but I don’t see that he has much if any control over what’s happening around him. The guy’s incompetent. It therefore falls on someone else to actually keep things ticking along, and Gove is the one in all of the meetings.

I think technically he’s the obvious candidate to take over as PM. But as you say he’s pretty universally disliked by the public so it’s hard to see that happening. In fact, that’s probably a good argument why it isn’t his fingerprints all over it - I reckon he’d end up losing influence under (e.g.) Prime Minister Sunak.

Not an issue if we're relying on Tory members to elect the PM again...

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

Perhaps we should compare Boris Johnson's 'crime' of doing up a government residence in which he is a temporary resident with a relatively small amount of private money with President Putin's billion pound palace, paid for by the people of Russia, whether they wish to pay for it or not.

Why though? The two aren't linked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

This sudden flair-ups indicting Johnson has Gove’s fingerprints on it, his other half works at the Daily Mail which seems to be the main driver of all the noise. Coincidence or is he making another play? 

What are these fingerprints other than the fact his wife writes a weekly column in a newspaper?

24 minutes ago, Dunge said:

To be honest, I think Gove’s the one who’s been running this government for some time. Boris is scatty, poor with facts and details, and prone to gaffes. As you say, the one thing he does have is charisma, but I don’t see that he has much if any control over what’s happening around him. The guy’s incompetent. It therefore falls on someone else to actually keep things ticking along, and Gove is the one in all of the meetings.

I think technically he’s the obvious candidate to take over as PM. But as you say he’s pretty universally disliked by the public so it’s hard to see that happening. In fact, that’s probably a good argument why it isn’t his fingerprints all over it - I reckon he’d end up losing influence under (e.g.) Prime Minister Sunak.

He’s not the obvious candidate, he doesn’t poll great on Con Home and it’s Conservative members that would decide. The obvious candidates would be Sunak, Raab, and the she who must not be named.

11 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Even with this Johnson still battered starmer in the pmqs lol , honestly ed milliband was more effective than this bellend get him out else there's not even any point in an election 

What PMQs were you watching?

He avoided the same question about four times, had to say something on record that he might well later come to regret and then went on a red-faced rant at the end. Whether the public cares about the subject matter or not, the guy was clearly rattled by what Starmer had said to him.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

What PMQs were you watching?

He avoided the same question about four times, had to say something on record that he might well later come to regret and then went on a red-faced rant at the end. Whether the public cares about the subject matter or not, the guy was clearly rattled by what Starmer had said to him.

The retort is what everyone will see though and he absolutely eviscerated starmer. 

14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The retort is what everyone will see though and he absolutely eviscerated starmer. 

Guess this a good example of perception and how the clip is pictured.  I had PMQs on the background and saw someone repeatedly dodging the question, going very red in the face like a child caught doing something naughty, saying things that I suspect might turn out to be "mis-remembered" and having a bizarre rant about things that had nothing to do with the question.  If they just clipped him shouting and pointing, no doubt it could be presented as a successful retort.

Interestingly I've been reading that he decides whether he broke the ministerial code or not.  Be interesting to see how that one goes.

Edited by Zear0
Typos
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

What are these fingerprints other than the fact his wife writes a weekly column in a newspaper?

He’s not the obvious candidate, he doesn’t poll great on Con Home and it’s Conservative members that would decide. The obvious candidates would be Sunak, Raab, and the she who must not be named.

Fair points! However in counter: 

He was a lead writer for The Times a few moons ago and it’s not unlikely he still has plenty of contacts in the media, there's talk of him being the senior government leaks that was spouting so consistently over the last year, so it would make sense these sudden leaks and government would come from an influential Tory with reason to try and axe Johnson. 

And I think you’re totally right on the second paragraph, but he’s probably delusional enough to think otherwise, and that’s the point of my post mainly, endlessly scheming for something he’d likely never get.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

What’s happened to Tony Blair.I know the barbers have been shut but he looks dreadful.Aged ten years in ten months.

Looks like my landlord in Sicily who never paid me back my deposit. 

• Haha 2