Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Fazzer 7 said:

There ye go. He’ll never change. 

he will go on making errors coz he is in denial - 

the teams need a psychologist - he needs a mentor (as he is making orr decision right now) - he needs to accept it.  he need a new defensive coach (Toure - the stats dont lie)

27 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Missed about 5 excluding European aways for the record 

Yeah course you have. If you’d been watching the games live as much as you say then you wouldnt have that opinion. 

unless of course you know nothing about football.

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

It didn't cause us a problem you nutter, I'm concerned for his mental wellbeing. I swear he's seeing a different reality to the one everyone else is experiencing

This sounds like Man shouts at clouds, but I assume you were referencing someone. lol

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

The plan didn't work! 

It didn't work, but it's not the worst plan in the world.

A lot of people are seething about that result, but we lost that because our defence was crap again. Both goals were so poor to give away. There's only so much coaching you can do when a simple ball over the top and then a set piece lead to goals. I do think Rodgers himself could be doing more, but I doubt either Amartey or Soyuncu will be here next season. If Amartey is, he surely won't play nearly as many games as he has this time round, that's for sure.

I don't think Rodgers should go unless we are dragged into the midst of a real relegation battle. At the same time, I'm not sure he's the person to do the rebuild either, so it's not an easy decision to make.

I saw a stat earlier today that showed statistically in terms of chances created against us we are the worst team in Premier League history as it stands. Even worse than Derby and Sunderland teams of the past! It's just that we've got a good attack and can score so many goals. But it needs major fixing this summer. Will be interesting to see if we get any better if and when Fofana gets some games under his belt...

• Like 1

Inviting pressure by bringing on another defender was a stupid decision. 

Appreciate he can point to the wins vs Brentford and Wolves when Vestergaard came on but we didn’t look convincing when seeing out either game. 

So frustrating, it’s about ball retention and experience. 

Mendy coming on would have made more sense as he keeps the ball well. 

I’ve lost count of the number of points we’ve lost this season because Rodgers is a coward.

We stopped playing Brendanball in the second half and the crowd comes alive and we dominate the game.

Rodgers only hope of surviving this period is to accept that his philosophy is not cutting it here.

But if we’re being honest, the evidence has been there for a long time, Rodgers and our affair has come to a natural end and it’s time for both to move on.

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

Yeah course you have. If you’d been watching the games live as much as you say then you wouldnt have that opinion. 

unless of course you know nothing about football.

Well I have, and I do. No comment on your last point 

Just now, dylanlegend said:

If anything thinks he’ll get sacked after narrowly missing out on beating 4th place West Ham you have your head in the sand 

I think it's more in hope than expectations.

Madness how many goals we concede yet people are still blaming the players and not the tactics. If we keep getting caught from long balls up the pitch, ****ing sit back abit more and not on the halfway line with 2 slow CBs.

Can't blame the players today either, Rodgers is at fault for throwing that game, under a different manager that doesn't happen and we win 2-1.

Brendan won the tactical battle today - we controlled the game.

Our problem is that we have a keeper who is a great leader, superb shot stopper, but abysmal at controlling his area - until Kasper goes we will be under the cosh at set pieces - I love the guy, but we need a tall confident keeper now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This sounds like Man shouts at clouds, but I assume you were referencing someone. lol

Oh whoops...I meant to quote the post with his comments in about Dawson causing us problems lol

Tbh I feel very much like that though hahah. I think I need to log off and enjoy the remainder of my sunday evening :p

• Like 1

Whether your Rodgers in or out the same mistakes are being made over and over:

1) why did JJ start all 3 games in a week after such a long lay off when we're going through an injury crisis and even Rodgers saids we needed to be careful with JJ during this period of fixture congestion.  (same happened with Ricardo last season)
2) Why does he persist with playing such a high line and offside trap with an unsettled. struggling back line .

3) defending set pieces corners, no explanation needed.

4) Taking midfielders off for an extra defender then losing control/inviting pressure on. 

feel free to add to the list 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

If anything thinks he’ll get sacked after narrowly missing out on beating 4th place West Ham you have your head in the sand 

I still want him gone but you’re right he won’t be sacked after that. Nowhere near toxic enough in the ground for Top to consider getting rid now.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

We've won 2 away games all season and not kept a clean aheet away for over a year. 

Correct but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go to Wolves because it is a definite defeat. I expect us to give them a good match. Yes there are obviously defensive/tactical problems but don’t forget before Liverpool we also had a long run of scoring in away matches.