Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, fox in the sox said:

Correct but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go to Wolves because it is a definite defeat. I expect us to give them a good match. Yes there are obviously defensive/tactical problems but don’t forget before Liverpool we also had a long run of scoring in away matches.

Ironically I think Wolves away was pur last clean sheet away and we've got 2 on the spin there in vulgar 0-0 draws where we were very very fortunate. Brendan will be basing his entire plan on the same again. Vestergaard on in the closing minutes and VAR to rule one out in injury time and he'll get off with himself.

• Haha 2

It would be a spectacularly bad decision from the club if there was not a clause in that contract that enabled us to sack him without paying him up in full.

Levy notoriously has had them in Mourinho and Nuno’s contracts so you’d like to think that there’s something there that, with us in the bottom half, would allow us to pull the trigger without a full pay off.

Not blaming the players when Brendan threw it away. Is he that stupid. We are in control and look well and safe going forward. He makes his changes we stop attacking and try to defend.

Has he not realised we cant defend and by not attacking we put pressure on ourselves.

Blame the players Brendan for following your instructions and doing what you say. I suppose your weired substitutions are the players fault to.

Stop passing the buck and look at yourself ffs.

• Like 4

Financially he has the club by the short and. He and his agents took us to the cleaners. He virtually said pay this or I'm off (to Arsenal?) We did and in truth the vast majority on here were desperate for us to do that. I would never give any manager more than a two year contract , the money wasted by paying off failing managers is ridiculous.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Sums us up. 

77CEE5FA-1CD0-4E21-A932-90D811DEA234.jpeg

Generally yes but we kept West Ham at arm’s length for most of the game. Today wasn’t that bad defensively but unfortunately even when generally we defend well we have so many weaknesses that we are always liable to concede 1 or 2 if the opposition have their shooting boots on.

The most disappointing and sadly least surprising thing about today is that we’re just seeing the same issues on repeat:

1) the late move to 3 at the back seems to happen every time we’re leading and every time it invites pressure

2) The set piece defending just cannot be fixed by this coaching staff

3) We are so predictable defensively that West Ham scored with a long hoof over the top for the 3rd time in 4 games against us: this should be happening 3 times every 40 games not 3 times in 4.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It would be a spectacularly bad decision from the club if there was not a clause in that contract that enabled us to sack him without paying him up in full.

Levy notoriously has had them in Mourinho and Nuno’s contracts so you’d like to think that there’s something there that, with us in the bottom half, would allow us to pull the trigger without a full pay off.

I’ve been wondering if there might be a clause where we can let him go at half the cost if we’re not in the top half. I know Moyes’ compensation at Man United was much lower if they missed out on CL so they sacked him when qualifying was mathematically impossible.

Tactically appalling. 2-1 up and cruising so he tries to get clever with the tactical change and gets the usual outcome. Really want to like him but **** me does he make it hard for himself. Really do not trust him with a rebuild with his track record of signing shit

Edited by South Shire Fox

23 minutes ago, Max Power said:

What is the logic behind the sub? We are under bombardment and need an ariel presence to deal with it??  

Rodgers has always done this, all it used to do was encourage opposition onto us but he used to get away with it, that luck has ran out now. We almost lost the FA Cup final bringing Morgan on to disrupt things, incredibly lucky that VAR saved us.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Financially he has the club by the short and. He and his agents took us to the cleaners. He virtually said pay this or I'm off (to Arsenal?) We did and in truth the vast majority on here were desperate for him to do that. I would never give any manager more than a two year contract , the money wasted by paying off failing managers is ridiculous.

You won’t believe me but I was in the minority (probably proof on here somewhere) who wanted him to go, as we’d gone from Puel ball to Rodgers ball. It was good to watch for a couple of months but I could see it slowly going towards possession just for the sake of it. 
I am not convinced (or like) coaches who think before you can score, you must get the centre backs to pass it to each other 10 times before you can go forward. 

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Generally yes but we kept West Ham at arm’s length for most of the game. Today wasn’t that bad defensively but unfortunately even when generally we defend well we have so many weaknesses that we are always liable to concede 1 or 2 if the opposition have their shooting boots on.

The most disappointing and sadly least surprising thing about today is that we’re just seeing the same issues on repeat:

1) the late move to 3 at the back seems to happen every time we’re leading and every time it invites pressure

2) The set piece defending just cannot be fixed by this coaching staff

3) We are so predictable defensively that West Ham scored with a long hoof over the top for the 3rd time in 4 games against us: this should be happening 3 times every 40 games not 3 times in 4.

We were bad defensively because we conceded from a corner YET AGAIN. I shouldn't be hiding behind my hands every time we concede a corner...every game were more or less guaranteed to concede minimum one goal.

Edited by Christoph

Wow, did I just read that someone thinks that Rodgers being here long term is a good thing? lollol He's basically using Puel's squad after 3 years. His ego comes ahead of everything. This is not the type of man who will build a long term legacy. Keeping him past this summer seriously risk setting the club back many years. We've already got plenty of bang average players with 2/3 years left on their contract and no use to us. That will only increase the more time Rodgers has to shape the squad.

I can't handle much more FT tonight

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Christoph said:

We were bad defensively because we conceded from a corner YET AGAIN. I shouldn't be hiding behind my hands every time we concede a corner...every game were more or less guaranteed to concede minimum one goal.

We have also got the 6th best attack in the country. I’m sure without all the defensive injuries we would have done much better defensively, don’t forget we were down to 2 fit defenders and we have had at least 4 injured for a long time.