Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

A serious question: who in the table would you look at and say that on current form, under this manager, we would be clearly favored to get 3 points from?  As in, "that's a match we should bag, anything else would be surprising"?  If you can't honestly pick out at least four or five clubs, that means we're in serious relegation danger.

Currently… Bournemouth (by far the worst team in the division). I think we’d beat Villa at home, Fulham at home, Forest at home and West Ham at home. Maybe Everton too. But away from home, I think we’d lose to all those.

Listen, it’s dead early to tell. But I think we do look in a mess from what I’ve seen so far. 

We HAVE to sort out the defensive side of our game. Brian Clough said you have to build a successful team on a good defence. If you get the foundations right, the rest will follow.

This is absolutely true of Leicester. Wilf must step up his game, we cannot rely on an ageing Evans and Amartey to stop goals being conceded. It’s madness to think we can.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agree, and as much as I personally think we are at the point where it may be best if we had a change, the amount of hyperbole and need to shame one of our most successful managers is pretty grim and disrespectful to be honest.

Couldn't agree more 👍

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

. I think we have the worst defence in the division, minus Bournemouth. All the talk is of a right winger. Personally I’ll say what I said LAST summer… we concede too many goals. The defensive side of the team is what really needs addressing and reinforcing.

Unless something changes pretty quickly, this could easily be a relegation season. 

Exactly right. If the club signs wingers, strikers and God forbid even more central midfielders with any incoming funds it really will have signed its own death warrant. The defence needs urgently addressing - centre back - at least one starter - and a naturally left footed left wing back. We cannot move forward until we stop conceding two goals a game - and this isn’t a new problem that suddenly cropped up…

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Poco said:

That thread is very good - by the end of the game, I'm not sure any of the players knew what positions they were supposed to be playing or what their roles were. As the thread mentions, Rodgers can't account for individual errors but that's twice now, at home, that he has been 'out-thought' by the opposition manager by tactical tweaks and substitions.

It's almost like he'd planned his subs prior to the game ie. give Daka 20mins, make sure Youri comes on etc. no matter what was going on on the pitch...

Yep, I think you're spot on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

We all hope you are right Mick and that one of our most successful managers hasn’t lost the dressing room and takes us down to the Championship.

I'm sure our 'elite' manager has a cunning plan ... as did Baldrick. Perhaps we should consider Baldrick?

Every time I load up this thread I have the highest expectation that something has happened and someone has just heard that he's left and some go on to confirm it. Only to look through and see people are talking about how poor we've been and some asking but who would you bring in etc. So disheartening, I have just been given 2 extra tickets to the Manchester utd game so I'm bringing my dad and brother in law. I am hoping he's gone before then so they get to watch a rejuvenated Leicester. One can only hope. 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just seen a claim we've won 3 in the last 14 in all comps, those three being against on the beach Southampton and already relegated Watford and Norwich. 

That can't be right surely? 

And within that timeframe we've lost to Everton and Southampton at home and have failed to beat Brentford and Villa at home. 

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just seen a claim we've won 3 in the last 14 in all comps, those three being against on the beach Southampton and already relegated Watford and Norwich. 

We’ve won 5 in the last 14 in all comps. 

On 22/08/2022 at 10:43, moore_94 said:

Just look at that ffs, get rid of him

Come on be fair the likes of Leeds and Newcastle were at home to utter dog muck whilst we were facing the powerhouses of the league... oh hang on, eh?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I might be wrong but we haven't beaten a decent team in the league in 2022. The last win against any of the top 10 at that point in time was Liverpool at home was it not? Staggering.

8 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

I can't help but wonder what happens if we lose tonight.

I dont want to rack up losses just to show what a fraud rodgers is.

Cmon top... show leadership... this guy is just in it for himself ...

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Literally ANY manager in the top 10 leagues in the world would get more out of these players than our current manager. 

I can’t see us getting a manger from another club though. We won’t even buy a proper goalkeeper, can’t see us paying compensation for another manager. I can only see either an internal stop gap or an out of work stop gap who will only demand small wages.

I also share the worry of who we get in given how KP are staying deafeningly quiet about funding in the club right now