Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Guest said:

Describing Pochettino as someone who has done sod all and achieved nothing is ridiculous

So what has he achieved exactly?

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

CL Final. 

So you do not feel he should have made a better fist of winning the PL when we did, or win an FA Cup at least during his tenure at Spurs? 

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If it came to be that's it's between Dyche and Pochettino, you have to be utterly stupid to choose gravel-throat. 

Don’t want and won’t come? Irrelevant conversation. I also would shag Natalie Portman rather than Vanessa Feltz.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

So what has he achieved exactly?

I think that's already been pointed out to you, hasn't it? If the only thing you'll accept as an achievement is a trophy then the overwhelming majority of managers and players never achieve anything. I would call his success at Spurs an achievement, in the same way that if Rodgers by some miracle were to get us into the Champions League places this season I would most definitely call that an achievement. 

Just now, Samilktray said:

What would Craig Shakespeare have to do with Rodgers anyway? Did they cross over at Leicester at any point? 

He may still have links to the club and they might tell him Rodgers is a disaster. We need to be courting Villa. No stitches.

Poch took Spurs to another level. He recognised talent others discarded. Including Harry Kane. Dele Alli looked a different player under him. As did Eric Dier. 

He did a great job at Saints, carried on by Koeman. They looked like they would be down under Atkins beforehand. 

At PSG he perhaps failed. But so have many others. Its an easy league but when you are given the remit of CL or nothing and have the egos they have, its sometimes dismissed as an easy job when it isnt. 

If Poch was even to consider us, it would be an excellent appointment. By the way, I thought Brendan was also a good appointment and he was. I just think we need freshening up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He also left before Rodgers joined, so I'm not sure why he would have warned them against employing him.

Yeah I’d agree, hardly going to listen to an assistant manager on their opinion about the potential management team replacing them, even if he was still there.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you do not feel he should have made a better fist of winning the PL when we did, or win an FA Cup at least during his tenure at Spurs? 

Yes. 

And perhaps. 

He might have physically won nothing but he clearly is a decent manager at this level and if he was available and affordable, we'd be foolish to say no. 

11 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Don’t want and won’t come? Irrelevant conversation. I also would shag Natalie Portman rather than Vanessa Feltz.

Hence the 'if'. It means it's a hypothetical situation/scenario.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Jeez Louise... you've dated yourself quite a bit there with that analogy!

Would take Poch in a heart beat, down he would take us though. Proven track record of developing players and playing good attractive football. Granted his ability to win silverware could be questioned but we aren't exactly Manchester City and winning most things going. If he could establish us as a team consistently qualifying and competing in Europe then I would be most happy with that.