Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I also share the worry of who we get in given how KP are staying deafeningly quiet about funding in the club right now

Turning this around, when have they ever said how comfortably sound they are or that we've got cash to burn.... 

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I can’t see us getting a manger from another club though. We won’t even buy a proper goalkeeper, can’t see us paying compensation for another manager. I can only see either an internal stop gap or an out of work stop gap who will only demand small wages.

I also share the worry of who we get in given how KP are staying deafeningly quiet about funding in the club right now

The funding is really worrying me, would the club pay to get Brendan out? Would they pay to get the right person in? Would they buy a player if we were to lose Fofana? Some of these need to be done, but I can't see the club taking that action and that's really concerning.

13 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Screenshot_20220822_221326.thumb.jpg.5b64ea0a7d15f6dfe2684a36feccb982.jpgA Liverpool fan's take on their match this evening... 

This is what this place will be like after Rodgers has gone & 7yrs on having been through another 2 managers & still pointing back to it all being Rodgers fault

15 minutes ago, supernuk said:

My thoughts are he should go but then I ultimately worry about who would replace Brendan. 

I thought this way but i'm shifting over to the realisation that i'd actually take Sean Dyche over this shite.

Just hope the club are ambitious when they do sack him and go all out for Poch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Since beating Rennes at home on 14th April;

Newcastle 2-1 Leicester

Everton 1-1 Leicester

Leicester 0-0 Villa

Leicester 1-1 Roma

Spurs 3-1 Leicester

Roma 1-0 Leicester

Leicester 1-2 Everton

Leicester 3-0 Norwich

Watford 1-5 Leicester

Chelsea 1-1 Leicester

Leicester 4-1 Southampton

Leicester 2-2 Brentford

Arsenal 4-2 Leicester

Leicester 1-2 Southampton

14 games, 3 wins, 4 draws, 7 defeats, and 20 goals conceded with 2 clean sheets.

:nigel:

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I thought this way but i'm shifting over to the realisation that i'd actually take Sean Dyche over this shite.

Just hope the club are ambitious when they do sack him and go all out for Poch.

Yeah, don't get me wrong I want him gone. But definitely dont want a big Sam or Rafa. 

Dyche would probably steady the ship but nothing more. Poch is a great shout but not sure he would come. 

Rodgers tactics to start the games are usually ok 

but when he has to change to respond to the opposition coach making big alterations he now comes unstuck 

over thinks it 

when he first came we noted how he made in game changes that made a difference- this contrasted with puel 

but now he responds late and when he does make changes he makes wrong calls 

we were comfortable against Brentford - our changes to cope with theirs were woeful 

we were comfortable against arsenal for the first 20 mins - but we couldn’t get back into the game without exposing ourselves 

we were comfortable against Southampton- see Brentford above 

I really liked what we did first half on Saturday- the tactics to enable Barnes to get on the ball early with JJ inverting, the triangles on the right side and Castagne hugging the touchline to provide space in other areas worked. We were just poor in the final third. 

and then the failure to maintain control of the midfield second half was plain weird. Of course the exposing of the fragility of our defence when bullied will have been noted by many other coaches (if they didn’t already know) 

• Like 3

The team were brilliant, playing until Brendan subs off KDH in the Brentford game. They put in the work and effort and it only needed a good manager with tactical nous to also put in his knowledge to read the game help the team when the Brentford manager made all his changes.

By Brendan making as stupid decisions in that game ....now they players have given up on him.

The team a great squad but they have no belief in the manager. Even captain Evans was saying the opposite to Brendan in his post match interviews.

The players do their bit but Brendan doesn't know what to do when the players need help from their manager whose there to read the game and make decisions to help them win the game. He seems inept on what to do when the going gets tough.

What is all this with Potch love fest. 

Managed the team with the best forward, maybe second best, in the EPL and won zip. Managed a State owned team in France where money was no object and won nada, beaten by Lille to the domestic title. The only year PSG didn't win their league like an island sitting in an ocean.

So with the best players and unlimited resources Potch wins nothing, How does coming to LC earning mega money without having access to the very best players and not a lot of money fix that?

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Since beating Rennes at home on 14th April;

Newcastle 2-1 Leicester

Everton 1-1 Leicester

Leicester 0-0 Villa

Leicester 1-1 Roma

Spurs 3-1 Leicester

Roma 1-0 Leicester

Leicester 1-2 Everton

Leicester 3-0 Norwich

Watford 1-5 Leicester

Chelsea 1-1 Leicester

Leicester 4-1 Southampton

Leicester 2-2 Brentford

Arsenal 4-2 Leicester

Leicester 1-2 Southampton

14 games, 3 wins, 4 draws, 7 defeats, and 20 goals conceded with 2 clean sheets.

That's hideous! Aside from the results, we haven't played particularly well in many games for over a year. We've had the odd game where we've played ok for 15-20 minutes but I'm struggling to think of many games, other than the end of season dead rubbers, where we have played well for a large majority of a game. It's just dull and stale and has been for ages. 

I don't understand the calls for Poch. He hasn't done anything really since leaving Southampton. He'd also want tons of money to spend which we don't have.

We're better going for a young hungry manager on the way up. like Potter or Cooper who are doing it at lower level clubs.

Whether we can entice them here is another thing. Or someone like that from Europe with a giid Coaching pedigree.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Just seen a claim we've won 3 in the last 14 in all comps, those three being against on the beach Southampton and already relegated Watford and Norwich. 

That can't be right surely? 

No, that is right

Newcastle A - L

Everton A - D

Villa H - D

Roma H - D

Spurs A - L

Roma A - L

Everton H - L

Norwich H - W

Watford A - W

Chelsea A - D

Southampton H - W

Brentford H - D

Arsenal A - L

Southampton H - L

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

That's hideous! Aside from the results, we haven't played particularly well in many games for over a year. We've had the odd game where we've played ok for 15-20 minutes but I'm struggling to think of many games, other than the end of season dead rubbers, where we have played well for a large majority of a game. It's just dull and stale and has been for ages. 

The first hour of this season was fantastic.