Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yet once he left it was miraculously paid off? They have spread the cost massively so it’s has little to do with that.

Just decided to have a look into their spending;

Under Pochettino

2014 - £43m.

2015 - £63m

2016 - £75m

2017 - £111m

2018 - £0m

2019 - £133m

Under Mourinho

2020 - £99m

2021 - £86m

Under Conte

2022 - £107m

Other than 2018 Pochettino was well backed. In that season he got top 4 again and got to the UCL final.

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He’s a better football manager than any of the others that the club has employed. 

He is a magazine manager who looks the part but has achieved nothing, don’t buy into the MSM hype

• Haha 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He is a magazine manager who looks the part but has achieved nothing, don’t buy into the MSM hype

I mean there is so much more nuance to it than that but you’ve made your mind up. The idea that he’s achieved ‘nothing’ is total hokum and you know it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

If those were your only options then you need to get better advisors.

Pochettino has done nothing and his reputation is based on nothing tangible.

To say he's done nothing is a bit harsh. 

I think for a squad like us he'd do alright. 

Getting Spurs to a Champions League final is something? 

Just now, AKCJ said:

Just decided to have a look into their spending;

Under Pochettino

2014 - £43m.

2015 - £63m

2016 - £75m

2017 - £111m

2018 - £0m

2019 - £133m

Under Mourinho

2020 - £99m

2021 - £86m

Under Conte

2022 - £107m

Other than 2018 Pochettino was well backed. In that season he got top 4 again and got to the UCL final.

But with all that and despite being an apparently better manager, he has failed to beat a team of ‘scrappers’

I have no idea why people think so highly of him, he flatters to deceive every single time 

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If it came to be that's it's between Dyche and Pochettino, you have to be utterly stupid to choose gravel-throat. 

If Dyche did succeed Brendan anyime soon then that appointment would probably go down about as well as Puel's did from the outset! 

• Like 1

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

I mean there is so much more nuance to it than that but you’ve made your mind up. The idea that he’s achieved ‘nothing’ is total hokum and you know it. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mauricio-pochettino/erfolge/trainer/9044

He has done sod all, and nobody can seriously count PSG unless they win the CL

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

But with all that and despite being an apparently better manager, he has failed to beat a team of ‘scrappers’

I have no idea why people think so highly of him, he flatters to deceive every single time 

He obviously doesn't flatter to deceive? Other than the admittedly poor time he had at PSG (a club that is clearly ****ed and run by the players) he's done very well. Particularly in England where he had squads worth less than our own current one doing very, very well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

To say he's done nothing is a bit harsh. 

I think for a squad like us he'd do alright. 

Getting Spurs to a Champions League final is something? 

Are we really counting nearly’s?  Come on…

Pochettino clearly isn't coming to us. People are free to argue about his achievements all they want, but it's a wholly theoretical discussion that has no relevance to our situation.

As for Dyche, I'm desperately telling myself that his Burnley side only played the way they did because of very limited resources, and that he'd play a much more expansive, attractive style with better players at his disposal...

Just now, AKCJ said:

He obviously doesn't flatter to deceive? Other than the admittedly poor time he had at PSG (a club that is clearly ****ed and run by the players) he's done very well. Particularly in England where he had squads worth less than our own current one doing very, very well.

Seriously reaching, there is nothing of note he has achieved anywhere except PSG and for that he had to win the CL to get credit

Think people just want a not Brendan and will push any rhetoric to add validity to it. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Are we really counting nearly’s?  Come on…

It's definitely not nothing and you know it! 

Start of that season, with Spurs spending nothing, it's a fair achievement of some sorts to get that squad to a CL Final! 

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Some would genuinely rather have Rodgers than Poch, and for that I feel sorry for you. 

Neither is my choice, not wanting Poch does not mean wants]ing Rodgers don’t be ridiculous. lol

Just now, StanSP said:

It's definitely not nothing and you know it! 

Start of that season, with Spurs spending nothing, it's a fair achievement of some sorts to get that squad to a CL Final! 

So his kudos is good play and a CL semi???

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Seriously reaching, there is nothing of note he has achieved anywhere except PSG and for that he had to win the CL to get credit

Think people just want a not Brendan and will push any rhetoric to add validity to it. :facepalm:

I'm reaching by saying Pochettino is a very good manager?

If he supposedly did "nothing of note" then why did the richest club in the world want him?

• Like 3

There for the whole season or not, it's a bit of a red flag when a manager finishes 2nd with PSG :sweating: On the flip side he made Dele Alli look like a footballer so.

Of course, it's irrelevant because he won't be coming here.

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This is such a reductive way of measuring success. Did a great job at Southampton, and despite it ending on a sour note at Spurs he solidified them as a genuinely decent outfit and not just one hoping to be "the best of the rest."

I understand people's reservations with him but to dismiss his competence out of hand based on trophy haul alone is beyond logic.

He is not for me and would be a shocking fit for us in my opinion, but I get others disagree and each to their own.