Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Corky said:

Does anyone believe any new signings would've made a huge difference? 

The first three games have followed the same pattern of the last year. Yes, we'd have had more intrigue but the issues are deeper set than adding a couple of players.

I don't think we'd suddenly have been transported back to the early 19/20 glory days but it might have been that even just one or two quality additions would have served to give the players and staff a significant psychological boost - whether that in combination with whatever qualities they'd have brought to the team would have been enough to lift us out of our malaise is another thing, of course.

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

The first three games have followed the same pattern of the last year. Yes, we'd have had more intrigue but the issues are deeper set than adding a couple of players.

I do. Amartey has been at fault for most of the goals against us. If we had a top CB starting instead of him and the RW that we've been crying out for I reckon we would be 5 points better off already and things wouldn't be looking too bad at all. 

Edited by desertfox2

Just now, desertfox2 said:

I do. Amartey has been at fault for most of the goals against us. If we had a top CB starting instead of him and the RW that we've been crying out for I reckon we would be 4 points better off already and things wouldn't be looking too bad at all. 

Fofana would surely have played and Soyuncu is better than Amartey, that's a selection choice. 

Just think the lack of signings will excuse Rodgers from trying to play a more suitable style.

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

I do. Amartey has been at fault for most of the goals against us. If we had a top CB starting instead of him and the RW that we've been crying out for I reckon we would be 4 points better off already and things wouldn't be looking too bad at all. 

We have a better CB than Amartey already here, at the club. But Brendan refuses to pick him. That's on him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We have a better CB than Amartey already here, at the club. But Brendan refuses to pick him. That's on him.

I don't disagree but seeing as he clearly doesn't want to play him despite everyone knowing he's better than Amartey the only solution would have been a new signing or Rodgers going. 

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fofana would surely have played and Soyuncu is better than Amartey, that's a selection choice. 

Just think the lack of signings will excuse Rodgers from trying to play a more suitable style.

You're right about not playing Soyuncu that rests solely on Rodgers. We need some signings though just to keep things fresh and players on their toes. It should never be allowed to go stale. If we sign nobody before the window closes I really worry about us being in a relegation scrap. Fresh faces keep squads pushing forwards. 

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

I don't disagree but seeing as he clearly doesn't want to play him despite everyone knowing he's better than Amartey the only solution would have been a new signing or Rodgers going. 

Has Brendan given a proper reason for leaving Cags out?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

RWer with pace would help a lot.

• Like 1

If you look at things from the clubs perspective, the sensible time to sack Rodgers would be just after the Spurs game on September 17th. The game following that isn't until October 3rd against Forest, so a good two weeks for a new manager to settle in if we've got our act together. 

Just now, 4everfox said:

If you look at things from the clubs perspective, the sensible time to sack Rodgers would be just after the Spurs game on September 17th. The game following that isn't until October 3rd against Forest, so a good two weeks for a new manager to settle in if we've got our act together. 

We cannot afford to wait that long. Brendan needs to go asap 

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yes to degree. Wouldn’t have to play Amartey and we’d had another option to Barnes 

Guest StevieLynex
On 21/08/2022 at 19:43, S1ddo71 said:

Time to get Ted Rodgers in the Dusty Bin. (Only certain age persons may get the reference). 🤣

3-2-1

42 minutes ago, Corky said:

Definitely not. 

There’s always an excuse for Rodgers, Europe, injuries, lack of investment etc. If we signed 2 players it’d be not taking our chances or something. 

Honestly think we’re in trouble this season if he doesn’t go soon. 

• Like 1