Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

47 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

And within that timeframe we've lost to Everton and Southampton at home and have failed to beat Brentford and Villa at home. 

We’ve won 3 in last 13 Prem games, I know that much as I checked last night. 

I didn’t include cup games / friendlies etc 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't understand the calls for Poch. He hasn't done anything really since leaving Southampton. He'd also want tons of money to spend which we don't have.

I agree that ultimately he'd be too expensive for us but that first point is insane. He turned Spurs from "will they / won't they qualify" into a bonafide Champions League side, reaching the final with them, he's part of the reason people refer to a Big 6 with Spurs included. Didn't spend a fortune there either.

PSG was a bit of a damp squib but to say he's done nothing since Southampton is ludicrous.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The first hour of this season was fantastic.

Yep and we haven't pressed since. 

Look at Man Utd last night as soon as they put some energy into the team they absolutely stuck it on Liverpool. Possession football is in the bin, unless you have absolutely world class players its not going to work.

This is Brendans biggest problem, football has moved on from 2010. You can't just recycle the ball and toy with the opposition because 9/10 they are going to outwork, outrun and outpress you. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

This is what this place will be like after Rodgers has gone & 7yrs on having been through another 2 managers & still pointing back to it all being Rodgers fault

They're not saying it was his fault, they were just saying that the current liverpool side reminds them of a side that has been coached by Brendan Rodgers with the way that they are playing.

44 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Quite hilarious some of you turning your nose up at Pochettino. Would comfortably be our greatest ever appointment. 

Why?

48 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't understand the calls for Poch. He hasn't done anything really since leaving Southampton. He'd also want tons of money to spend which we don't have.

We're better going for a young hungry manager on the way up. like Potter or Cooper who are doing it at lower level clubs.

Whether we can entice them here is another thing. Or someone like that from Europe with a giid Coaching pedigree.

Wonder why Levy only opened his cheque book when Poch left if he is all that?   :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Not sure why Poch keepa getting mentioned.  There's literally zero chance he'd come here.  His next gig will, for sure, be at one of Europe's elite clubs.

Ah, remember the days when the forum went nuts thinking Klopp would come here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Not sure why Poch keepa getting mentioned.  There's literally zero chance he'd come here.  His next gig will, for sure, be at one of Europe's elite clubs.

I don't think he would come here. But we'd be stupid not to push for him being as he's comfortably the best manager without a job and Rodgers is already paid a similar amount to the amount he'd want.

52 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

We're better going for a young hungry manager on the way up. like Potter or Cooper who are doing it at lower level clubs.

Whether we can entice them here is another thing. Or someone like that from Europe with a giid Coaching pedigree.

He took a cheap-ish Spurs squad to a Champions League final. Come on now...

• Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

Because they spent years building that billion quid stadium when Poch was there?

Yet once he left it was miraculously paid off? They have spread the cost massively so it’s has little to do with that.

58 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

No, that is right

Newcastle A - L

Everton A - D

Villa H - D

Roma H - D

Spurs A - L

Roma A - L

Everton H - L

Norwich H - W

Watford A - W

Chelsea A - D

Southampton H - W

Brentford H - D

Arsenal A - L

Southampton H - L

We'd never be able to appoint someone who could improve on this, could we? 

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

If it came to be that's it's between Dyche and Pochettino, you have to be utterly stupid to choose gravel-throat. 

If it came down to those two I’d be amazed. However in such a circumstance you would be correct - it would have to be Poch. 

Just now, StanSP said:

If it came to be that's it's between Dyche and Pochettino, you have to be utterly stupid to choose gravel-throat. 

Then hopefully we have some other contenders, because Poch wouldn't consider us in the first place. 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

If it came down to those two I’d be amazed. However in such a circumstance you would be correct - it would have to be Poch. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Then hopefully we have some other contenders, because Poch wouldn't consider us in the first place. 

Hence the if, lads :D

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If those were your only options then you need to get better advisors.

Pochettino has done nothing and his reputation is based on nothing tangible.

• Like 1