Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

54 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

“No team has created fewer big chances or conceded more big chances than Leicester this season.”

Pretty damning 

But we’re near the top of all the passing stats!

:brendan:

Sexy, attractive football :wub:

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

We'd never be able to appoint someone who could improve on this, could we? 

You saying you want a better than a point per game when that only gets you relegated like 1 out of every 8 seasons? Such unrealistic expectations 

4 hours ago, Dames said:

We have been in far worse positions but with the way the finances are in the unlikely event we are relegated we would be in a dire situation that could unravel very quickly if we were to not bounce back. 

The way we have started this season and there is still no transfers leads me to believe our financial situation is worse than being let on. 

....there is little to no pressure on Top to get Rodgers out the door!!!

There is little in the media regarding the dissatisfaction among the supporters and the need for him to go. The questions that would have been asked, are not being put forward by any media outlet and therefore no scrutiny of the club.

The Leicester Mercury is pretty much out of touch but should the local journalist investigate the whole situation, and having presented the club's financial position against the inability to find the resources to sack the manager. It only requires a story to be picked up by the nationals for the necessary scrutiny to be applied, and the need for answers to unlock this impasse.

The tabloids need a story that they cannot refute, the supporters will have to bring a sustained show of dissatisfaction in order for any pressure to be exerted.

16 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

You lot are mad if you think 1) Pochettino isn't good enough for us and 2) he'd come here. 

His PSG side was the mentally weakest heap of shite I've seen in some time.

Just what the doctor ordered then

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

No, that is right

Newcastle A - L

Everton A - D

Villa H - D

Roma H - D

Spurs A - L

Roma A - L

Everton H - L

Norwich H - W

Watford A - W

Chelsea A - D

Southampton H - W

Brentford H - D

Arsenal A - L

Southampton H - L

That is absolutely vulgar. Add to that, the 3 meaningless wins came against teams that were either already down or on the beach and changed the narrative from a dogshit season to “8th and a European semi-final”. 

Whilst that’s obviously correct, it’s deceitful to claim that it was a good season. 80% of the games were an absolute chore. 

Also, look at the late points thrown away just in that run. Everton, Newcastle, Southampton and Brentford. Feels like we never get the late equalisers or winners anymore. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I think that's already been pointed out to you, hasn't it? If the only thing you'll accept as an achievement is a trophy then the overwhelming majority of managers and players never achieve anything. I would call his success at Spurs an achievement, in the same way that if Rodgers by some miracle were to get us into the Champions League places this season I would most definitely call that an achievement. 

So getting Spurs into the CL, even the final, is a better achievement than us winning the FA Cup?

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So getting Spurs into the CL, even the final, is a better achievement than us winning the FA Cup?

I don't know, but getting Tottenham regularly into the champions league and to a champions league final shouldn't be discredited. In the summer of the season where they got to a champions league final and finished fourth they didn't make a single signing! You've also removed the context of Gareth Bale having been sold two years prior to him taken over and that money being spent on dross in that time. He came in and helped reinvent Spurs into a young, energetic and exciting team, getting rid of a lot of the dross in the process. 

What I would also say is that comparing any future manager's achievements to what Rodgers had achieved within the first two and a half years here is a little bit silly, as most of us don't have any issues whatsoever with that period. Many people, myself included, just believe that Rodgers has reached the end of the road here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't know, but getting Tottenham regularly into the champions league and to a champions league final shouldn't be discredited. In the summer of the season where they got to a champions league final and finished fourth they didn't make a single signing! You've also removed the context of Gareth Bale having been sold two years prior to him taken over and that money being spent on dross in that time. He came in and helped reinvent Spurs into a young, energetic and exciting team, getting rid of a lot of the dross in the process. 

What I would also say is that comparing any future manager's achievements to what Rodgers had achieved within the first two and a half years here is a little bit silly, as most of us don't have any issues whatsoever with that period. Many people, myself included, just believe that Rodgers has reached the end of the road here.

I also think, and have said recently think it is time Rodgers went, not so vociferously as other, but I cannot harbour hate for someone who has achieved what he has, despite how badly it has soured now.

But, I only ultimately mentioned the FA Cup as a significant achievement for a club our size, an achievement not unreasonable to have expected Spurs to also have captured. Top 4 is not a trophy, it is a money making position, something that Sky, BT, etc would love us to buy into, but if we are relegated, stop watching football, or god forbid shut up shop, what would we discuss? Finishing top 4 for 5 seasons in a row? Or winning the Fa Cup?

We are so programmed for what makes success by the broadcasters, we actually lose sight on when real success is looking straight at us (FA Cup, etc), the same holds true for certain clubs, certain managers even, they are success because we are continually told so.

Don’t get me wrong, Pochettino or Rodgers, then Pochettino sure, but that was not the question being answered (by me at least)

I really am not having a go at anyone, I just don’t think he is that great, but if he came, hopefully he would make me look a schmuck. :scarf:

Edited by Dahnsouff

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Coming out of a group including Inter Milan and Barca then beat Dortmund, Man City and Ajax in the run up to the final was pretty impressive. We won 5 games we were favorites in and then sh*thoused the final. Comparable at the very least if you look at the context.

They were extremely fortunate to knock out Ajax, but then we were unbelievably lucky to beat Brighton's ressies. 

We beat Stoke, Brentford, Brighton, out of sorts Man U and a poorly performing Southampton and then got an absolute miracle result against Chelsea. Another day we'd have lost that 2 or 3-0.

I feel like the teams that Spurs played were a smidge better. So there's probably not a massive difference in the performance with context. One manager ends up with a trophy to his name, the other ends up pathetically losing his final.

54 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

No, I wouldn't and indeed didn't say that, but I would say it is an example of Pochettino achieving something. I don't agree with the suggestion that trophies = success and therefore absence of trophies = absence of success, and I don't see that a manager's honours list is of much relevance when considering whether they'd be a good appointment for Leicester. It might make sense for elite clubs who have expectations of regularly winning major trophies to look at prospective managers through that lens, but I don't think it does for us.

Of course it's all completely academic because I don't think Pochettino would have any real interest in joining us, certainly not now - maybe next summer, if we have a little money to spend and can think about beginning to reshape the squad, you could upgrade that to almost certainly not. Ultimately though, as far as assessing his suitability for managing Leicester goes, I place far more importance on his history at Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs of working under limited budgets, playing proactive high-pressing football and trusting and developing young players both from within their respective academies and signed from elsewhere than I do on whether or not he's won a couple of cups.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Coming out of a group including Inter Milan and Barca then beat Dortmund, Man City and Ajax in the run up to the final was pretty impressive. We won 5 games we were favorites in and then sh*thoused the final. Comparable at the very least if you look at the context.

They were extremely fortunate to knock out Ajax, but then we were unbelievably lucky to beat Brighton's ressies. 

We beat Stoke, Brentford, Brighton, out of sorts Man U and a poorly performing Southampton and then got an absolute miracle result against Chelsea. Another day we'd have lost that 2 or 3-0.

I feel like the teams that Spurs played were a smidge better. So there's probably not a massive difference in the performance with context. One manager ends up with a trophy to his name, the other ends up pathetically losing his final.

Yes, you are probably right, it was fair to judge Spurs more kindly that simply failing to win in the final, but despite the nature of the win, I will be forever grateful for Brendan  and the team getting us the maiden FA Cup win. If Poch would have achieved the same, who knows?  Sometimes difficult to tell if a point has validity or if it’s just further Brendan derision. (Have already said he needs to go, even if it a more contemporary conclusion for me than many others.  :cool: )

1 minute ago, Guest said:

No, I wouldn't and indeed didn't say that, but I would say it is an example of Pochettino achieving something. I don't agree with the suggestion that trophies = success and therefore absence of trophies = absence of success, and I don't see that a manager's honours list is of much relevance when considering whether they'd be a good appointment for Leicester. It might make sense for elite clubs who have expectations of regularly winning major trophies to look at prospective managers through that lens, but I don't think it does for us.

Of course it's all completely academic because I don't think Pochettino would have any real interest in joining us, certainly not now - maybe next summer, if we have a little money to spend and can think about beginning to reshape the squad, you could upgrade that to almost certainly not. Ultimately though, as far as assessing his suitability for managing Leicester goes, I place far more importance on his history at Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs of working under limited budgets, playing proactive high-pressing football and trusting and developing young players both from within their respective academies and signed from elsewhere than I do on whether or not he's won a couple of cups.

Yes, already responded to @filbertway a moment earlier, it was harsh to judge him on such things. Guess if I am honest, it was particularly a judgement on trophies and their title push in 15/16 which I felt they should have had more stomach for but did not seem too.

But, obviously I am delighted they didn’t.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Just 12 wins in our last 38 league games as well.

We only got 14 in the actual full season last year. Obviously fortunes can change quickly in football and it's early days this season, but I'm just thinking where can we get 10 wins from!?