Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Worth a share, imagine we pull this off 

She was one of the first people to announce Konate to Liverpool was done (although as well all know, basically treat ITKs like this as if they are SfE)

Would be a brilliant signing if so though

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Worth a share, imagine we pull this off 

I'd flipping love Gosens. Strong, quick, runs all day.

We were definitely in for him last year but quoted 40m, has 1 year left with them and would be a very us signing.

Worth noting the source quoted was very good on the ESL stuff and Atlanta seem to be in a bit of a financial mess.

• Like 4

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

End of Fuchs. Ricardo not up to speed, JJ will take a while. Also they'll want Ricardo to play as a winger lots too.

It'd be a great signing. I wanted him over Timmy and Timmy has been terrific.

I'd not even counted JJ having that recovery time. You could be right, he'd add competition we need and cover. 

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

End of Fuchs. Ricardo not up to speed, JJ will take a while. Also they'll want Ricardo to play as a winger lots too.

It'd be a great signing. I wanted him over Timmy and Timmy has been terrific.

Good player , but when all our defenders are fit and up to speed , he doesn't get a game. Another one who won't accept being a squad player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Good player , but when all our defenders are fit and up to speed , he doesn't get a game. Another one who won't accept being a squad player.

We have a chance to be in 4 competitions next year, on top of a curtailed preseason due to the Euros. We'll be utilizing our squad again and need all the options we can get. 

Gosens/JJ/Thomas and Ricardo/Castagne/JJ.  

• Like 3

Just looking at him on whoscored and he mainly plays LWB or LM, I wonder if 3 CB's are going to be used more often next season as he would be ideal if we were?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141726/Show/Robin-Gosens

He would be our 5th FB with Ricardo, Castagne, JJ & Thomas which seems a bit overkill.

Top quality player but I wonder what our plans would be?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Just looking at him on whoscored and he mainly plays LWB or LM, I wonder if 3 CB's are going to be used more often next season as he would be ideal if we were?

He would be our 5th FB with Ricardo, Castagne, JJ & Thomas which seems a bit overkill.

I imagine that we'd rotate Gosens and Thomas on the left and Ricardo and Castagne on the right.

JJ would provide cover for either wing and the 3rd centre half. We might also send Thomas on loan but I hope we don't.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The LM on WhoScored is LWB (Atalanta always play 3/5 at the back with Gosens wide left)

JJ is out for a fair while so Gosens would be first choice on the left side, but I do think a signing like Gosens would suggest we are looking to play 3 CBs next season, as he isn’t quite as good as a left back in a 4

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

JJ likely out until the end of this year, then we have seen with Ricardo what this kind of injury can do to a player, doubt he will be able to have much impact on next season

Ricardo/Castagne at right back (whichever comes out of pre-season better with the other as cover) and then Gosens at left back with Thomas as cover

Club are probably keeping an eye on Ricardo's contract as well, ends in 2023 so if he isn’t willing to renew we may look to sell in 2022 (when JJ should hopefully be back to the level before his injury)

This is probably correct thinking about it.

We have the numbers at FB/WB but Ricardo has been a shadow of his brilliant self since the injury, JJ could be exactly the same and next season could be a write off for him. We also have the inexperienced Thomas and Castagne has had a couple of injuries this season. Maybe bring in Gosens and if everything goes well we can sell one of these players next season if they aren't getting regular football.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

15k Followers... 

What a signing he would be. 

Oooof! That'll be fun for our Champions LEague run next season. Gosens on the left, Skinny Tim on the right....Maybe Ricardo doesn't want to sign a new contract, so he might be moving on this summer.