Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

9 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Would be very surprised if this happens. The club must have significantly more money to spend this summer than we previously thought if they are throwing £20m at a left back

Or someone big is leaving. Or as I said when the finances came out, the club has them in hand and it isn't as bad as it first seemed. Also the deal seems dependent on Champions League football. 

• Like 1

Just now, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

Or someone big is leaving. Or as I said when the finances came out, the club has them in hand and it isn't as bad as it first seemed. Also the deal seems dependent on Champions League football. 

Usually by now the rumours would have ramped up big time about who is leaving. The club seem to make their mind up about January who they will let leave in the summer, so I'd honestly be surprised if anyone did go.

I would say CF and CB are much bigger priorities than LB/LWB, no matter what system we are playing. We might get away without signing a right winger if Rodgers is serious about playing 3-4-1-2 all the time. This one seems a strange one to me either way

6 minutes ago, surrifox said:

They need someone better than him 

Chilwell is currently making a goal or an assist every 277mins in the PL, just about 1 every 3 games, excellent for a FB/WB. He's also considered the more defensively reliable out of him and Alonso. I'd say Chelsea will give Chilwell time. 

It looks like Gosen will only sign if we get CL. 

We always run the danger of being gazumped by elite clubs, no such thing as getting a deal done on the quiet, the player's agent will see to that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Would be very surprised if this happens. The club must have significantly more money to spend this summer than we previously thought if they are throwing £20m at a left back

You never know Top might have decided this is the time to strike and really become an established top 6 team and is raiding the piggy bank to boost our transfer budget this summer. 

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

Usually by now the rumours would have ramped up big time about who is leaving. The club seem to make their mind up about January who they will let leave in the summer, so I'd honestly be surprised if anyone did go.

I would say CF and CB are much bigger priorities than LB/LWB, no matter what system we are playing. We might get away without signing a right winger if Rodgers is serious about playing 3-4-1-2 all the time. This one seems a strange one to me either way

It really depends. The UCL money really can't be overstated. If we qualify i expect a few incomings. Also its worth noting any incoming offers for players may have only recently come in, thus they have sped up in pursuit of gosens. Its hard to know the thinking really. Maybe brendan thinks Ricky P is crocked. Defo lost some pace. Who knows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

If we get serious links with Tarkowski, Demiral or another high profile CB then it looks like 3-4-1-2 will be the stock formation.

Edouard or Abrahams only adds fuel to that fire.

If our window is Tarkowski, Gosens, and a striker... then I’d definitely take it tbh. Replace Hamza with KDH, Sowah into the squad. The obvious depth issue is then on the wings, but with 3ATB that’s a lesser concern... would still like the tactical flexibility to do it though. 

So if the new striker can’t play wide, we probably need another winger, might have to be a loanee though as I’m not sure we could afford all of the above + new contracts for key players. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We need to concentrate our spending on attackers , at the moment if Iheanacho got injured we might end up having to play Wakeling. Collecting yet more defenders is going to leave us unbalanced.

I'm pretty sure we're capable of recruiting for more than one area of the pitch at a time.

Gosens would be a superb signing considering that Ricardo isn't back to full fitness, JJ is going to be out for a long time and might not be back to his best until well into 2022, Thomas is promising but only 19 and learning his craft, and Fuchs is leaving.

We've been linked with plenty of forwards over the course of the season as well, with Edouard being the strongest link. Gosens is also a goalscoring full-back/wing-back which is going to give defenders a lot of headaches if we play Castagne right and Gosens left.

Multiple threats all over the pitch - plus the potential signing of Edouard or A. N. Other - is how we prepare for Vardy's eventual decline.

• Like 1

Very decent player, versatile (can play LM, as per @StriderHiryu's image), good offensively and defensively, already knows Castagne, and we've been linked before. At £20-25m this seems like it could be a great bit of business.

Imagine this would be with a view to Thomas going on loan in the winter (when JJ is recovered), and potentially expecting an outgoing (Ricardo?) summer 2022.

Fuchs and Thomas were able to step in for the Europa league this year, but we'll need to improve out squad options if we want to see any success in the CL next season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Very decent player, versatile (can play LM, as per @StriderHiryu's image), good offensively and defensively, already knows Castagne, and we've been linked before. At £20-25m this seems like it could be a great bit of business.

Imagine this would be with a view to Thomas going on loan in the winter (when JJ is recovered), and potentially expecting an outgoing (Ricardo?) summer 2022.

Fuchs and Thomas were able to step in for the Europa league this year, but we'll need to improve out squad options if we want to see any success in the CL next season.

When WhoScored says he plays Left Wing it's more because Atalanta have such a high press that their wingbacks aren't often in their own half! lol 

A bit like how Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are "full backs."

He could certainly play there though if needed. I think I have seen them play something other than 343 in the Champions League once and he did line up there. But 99% of the time 343 is Gasperini's system.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

No smoke without fire!

All come out from that Leah Smith now all the other outlets and journos are rushing to their contacts to find out what is going on haha

Certainly seems like a deal is close and Gosens is just waiting for us to be confirmed in Champions League until he signs on the dotted line

• Like 3

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Good player , but when all our defenders are fit and up to speed , he doesn't get a game. Another one who won't accept being a squad player.

He started ahead of castagne at Atlanta so I don't buy this at all. Currently him and timmy would start for us. Like Ricardo I wouldn't expect JJ to come straight back in.

• Like 1