Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Wonder how much was wanted for Mendes to be deemed too expensive. 

But, we're really in for Gosens then, continuing our habit of going back in for players a year on. 

Has a release clause of €70million

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If our window is Tarkowski, Gosens, and a striker... then I’d definitely take it tbh. Replace Hamza with KDH, Sowah into the squad. The obvious depth issue is then on the wings, but with 3ATB that’s a lesser concern... would still like the tactical flexibility to do it though. 

So if the new striker can’t play wide, we probably need another winger, might have to be a loanee though as I’m not sure we could afford all of the above + new contracts for key players. 

That'd be a pretty great summer window, I think. Barnes, Perez, Albrighton, Sowah and even Praet all capable of playing on the wing if needed (plus potentially Gosens and Ricardo) is pretty decent depth if we're playing 3-4-1-2 primarily without wingers.

Gosens/Tarkowski/Edouard would be about £60-70m in total, right? Slightly on the heavier side compared to our usual spend, but we could make a decent dent in that with Ghezzal, Hamza etc., and if we secure CL football (needed for those transfers to happen anyway) that's a nice chunk of money secured that we can confidently spend in advance.

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

When WhoScored says he plays Left Wing it's more because Atalanta have such a high press that their wingbacks aren't often in their own half! lol 

A bit like how Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are "full backs."

He could certainly play there though if needed. I think I have seen them play something other than 343 in the Champions League once and he did line up there. But 99% of the time 343 is Gasperini's system.

Yeah, I've not seen as much of Atalanta as I'd like but I knew his role was somewhat of an 'offensive defender'. He's listed as a LM in Fifa21 (the oracle of all sources... :rolleyes:) so I think that clouded my judgment aha.

Definitely capable of fitting in here, though, by the sounds of things. And that flexibility seems to be important in our recent transfer dealings so definitely fits the right profile of player we're after.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Xen said:

That'd be a pretty great summer window, I think. Barnes, Perez, Albrighton, Sowah and even Praet all capable of playing on the wing if needed (plus potentially Gosens and Ricardo) is pretty decent depth if we're playing 3-4-1-2 primarily without wingers.

Gosens/Tarkowski/Edouard would be about £60-70m in total, right? Slightly on the heavier side compared to our usual spend, but we could make a decent dent in that with Ghezzal, Hamza etc., and if we secure CL football (needed for those transfers to happen anyway) that's a nice chunk of money secured that we can confidently spend in advance.

Yeah, I've not seen as much of Atalanta as I'd like but I knew his role was somewhat of an 'offensive defender'. He's listed as a LM in Fifa21 (the oracle of all sources... :rolleyes:) so I think that clouded my judgment aha.

Definitely capable of fitting in here, though, by the sounds of things. And that flexibility seems to be important in our recent transfer dealings so definitely fits the right profile of player we're after.

Tark would be free since he is out of contract, reported fees for Edouard and Gosens are both around £20m. If those are accurate then this would be some sensational business.

Would be chunky wages for Tark probably, and on some new contracts for the likes of Youri. 

edit: 

also, Atalanta play great football, in a similar style to Leicester. It makes a lot of sense for us to keep picking up their players imo, they should settle in quickly, as Timmy did. 

edit 2: Tarkowski has 1 year left, see below

Edited by FoxesWalk

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

When WhoScored says he plays Left Wing it's more because Atalanta have such a high press that their wingbacks aren't often in their own half! lol 

A bit like how Robertson and Alexander-Arnold are "full backs."

He could certainly play there though if needed. I think I have seen them play something other than 343 in the Champions League once and he did line up there. But 99% of the time 343 is Gasperini's system.

Yeah it is just the weird way of how WhoScored record player positions

If Atalanta line up with a back 5 he is a LWB, but if it is a back 3 with him a bit further forward he is a LM

They seem to also get confused with Tielemans as he is either playing at DM or CM

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

Tark would be free since he is out of contract, reported fees for Edouard and Gosens are both around £20m. If those are accurate then this would be some sensational business.

Would be chunky wages for Tark probably, and on some new contracts for the likes of Youri. 

edit: 

also, Atalanta play great football, in a similar style to Leicester. It makes a lot of sense for us to keep picking up their players imo, they should settle in quickly, as Timmy did. 

Tarkowski’s deal is until 2022

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

I thought Tark was free, but checked transfermarkt quickly and it says hes out of contract in 2022 so I wasn't sure. £40m-ish for the trio would be ridiculous business, for sure. 

Wages definitely going to be the tricky point - hopefully we're not too stingy with them that we scare players off, but equally I hope we dont back ourselves into a corner with expensive deals.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Tarkowski’s deal is until 2022

Just now, Xen said:

I thought Tark was free, but checked transfermarkt quickly and it says hes out of contract in 2022 so I wasn't sure. £40m-ish for the trio would be ridiculous business, for sure. 

Wages definitely going to be the tricky point - hopefully we're not too stingy with them that we scare players off, but equally I hope we dont back ourselves into a corner with expensive deals.

You’re right, my mistake. Either way his fee should be considerably reduced from the £40m that was being quoted before. All three could be potentially gettable for around £60-70m by the sounds of it, which is still great business on the face of it. 

It is clearly thought that Tark is out this summer if you read their local press, plenty of talk of who they will get this summer to replace him. 

If we get CL, I can see us splashing out a little are normal Net spend is 20m, I could see us maybe hitting 60m with CL money.

I can see Hamza and Ghezzel moving on add 10-15m to the pot. 

I can see LB, CB, CF and a AM who can also play wide coming in.

Wez, Fuch leaving frees up wages.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

edit: 

This has the potential to be the most exciting transfer window as a foxes fan. Let’s get top four done so we can make some deals!!! 

Definitely the type of player we should be looking at. The best players of the second batch of European clubs who don't quite get the attention from the 'super league' clubs. Clubs that are probably a similar level to us currently but we can dangle the Premier League carrot and potentially bigger wages. Also players that have a year left on their contract. 

We definitely look better with a left footed wing back, even Justin was better at left back rather then he was as a wing back. Question is what happens to Thomas and I reckon if this is true, then he will probably go out on loan. 

27 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If we get CL, I can see us splashing out a little are normal Net spend is 20m, I could see us maybe hitting 60m with CL money.

I can see Hamza and Ghezzel moving on add 10-15m to the pot. 

I can see LB, CB, CF and a AM who can also play wide coming in.

Wez, Fuch leaving frees up wages.

Those ae the four positions we need IF we're not planning on going straight back to 4-2-3-1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

Just looking at him on whoscored and he mainly plays LWB or LM, I wonder if 3 CB's are going to be used more often next season as he would be ideal if we were?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141726/Show/Robin-Gosens

He would be our 5th FB with Ricardo, Castagne, JJ & Thomas which seems a bit overkill.

Top quality player but I wonder what our plans would be?

We have 1 out and out left full back in Thomas so for me it’s a position I’d like to see us strengthen... JJ looked quality pre doing his acl but you have to look no further than Ricardo to see it’s no guarantee he’ll come back the same player

Edited by dbtcity

Signings like Gosens will only elevate us even further, of course requiring Champions League will play a big part, but he’s clearly a player who’s been on our radar for a while.

The great thing about the squad we are building, is it’s versatility. We have many players that allow us to adapt to a 3-4-1-2 or a 4-2-3-1. A player like Gosens is predominantly a wing-back, but he could easily slot in, in a four at LB. 

Gosens, Castagne, Ricardo and Justin would offer us great depth, Albrighton can slot in there as well, while I wouldn’t be surprised if Thomas goes out on loan.

The versatility we already have, plus the versatility we could acquire, will make our squad even more exciting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Didn’t we look into him at the same time as Timmy? 

Yes we were linked with him and Nicolas Tagialifico of Ajax last summer. Back then he was rumoured to have cost around 40m, so this is a lot cheaper. Last season we weren't sure if Castagne was the Chilwell replacement or a squad option. I think it's safe to say after this season that although he is decent on the left, JJ or another player would be preferred there long term. 

Interestingly Atalanta are 2nd in Serie A, have a pretty favourable run in with just Milan among the top 4 left to play and are in the cup final against Juventus. They are basically the Leicester of the Italian league. 

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Castagne, Ricardo  goosens, JJ, Thomas.... somethings gotta give?

Ricardo will be used on the wing. Takes Under's place on the bench.