Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

We must be looking to spend big this summer because we need at least 2 more forward players. Honestly don't know enough about the guy, but if we're planning to play Atalanta's style, we may as well nick some of their players.

Decent. Willing to believe the source as, if I'm right in remembering, she broke a lot of stories about Super League fallout. 

We were looking at Gosens at the same time as Castagne. Given another year has passed it's little surprise he's cheaper. Will be a good addition to how we play. Castagne can help him fit in. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

If this comes off I’d suspect we are maybe looking to shift Ricardo on this summer? Justin obviously also on both sides, Kevin for wing back cover also - starting to look pretty stacked. 

JJ is'nt going to be available and back to full steam for a good while, Riccado will be going no where.

Signing a player like this also doesn't mean we're looking to move anyone on. I don't get why people immediately jump to that conclusion. And even if we were, take it as a positive that the club move quick and in the right direction to bring someone in. 

Having Castagne, Ricardo, Justin and potentially Gosens in at the club, with the amount of games we'll play next season, they'll see enough game-time. Justin probably won't even be back properly until well in to next season anyway, so I don't see why this would mean Ricardo goes anywhere. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hes a lb/lwb.

If we're going to compete on all fronts then we need players who are ready to come in and there won't be a drop in quality. 

Ricardo/Timmy as RB/RWB

Gosens/Thomas/Timmy as LB/LWB is good strength in depth.

Let’s not forget JJ when he’s back too. But you’re right. The quality we’ll need to compete in the champions league then Prem and to sustain what we’ve built this is what is going to be needed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We need to concentrate our spending on attackers , at the moment if Iheanacho got injured we might end up having to play Wakeling. Collecting yet more defenders is going to leave us unbalanced.

No we wouldn't. We would just play Perez in there. 

Stop worrying the season still has a month to go.