Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

He would be incredible. I dismissed us going for him last summer as I felt his style of play is very unique to the system Atalanta play and if we were to move him in to a back 4 that he might not be as good. However he has followed up last seasons form with another immense season and as we are possibly heading for a back 3 long term ourselves then he is possibly the best left wingback in Europe that's not currently at one of the elite clubs already.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Just looking at him on whoscored and he mainly plays LWB or LM, I wonder if 3 CB's are going to be used more often next season as he would be ideal if we were?

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/141726/Show/Robin-Gosens

He would be our 5th FB with Ricardo, Castagne, JJ & Thomas which seems a bit overkill.

Top quality player but I wonder what our plans would be?

You'd reckon a potential loan 2nd half of the season with Thomas. That and Ricardo/Timmy being deployed at RM, the fact Gosens also plays LM and with his skillset even capable of playing centre mid, and it's possible he's being brought to cover a number of positions on top of the fact he's a very good player.

Just now, Ashley said:

Hes a lb/lwb.

If we're going to compete on all fronts then we need players who are ready to come in and there won't be a drop in quality. 

Ricardo/Timmy as RB/RWB

Gosens/Thomas/Timmy as LB/LWB is good strength in depth.

Yeah I know but atm Castagne plays rb instead of Ricardo when all fit. It is just I would expect Ricardo, Gosens and Castagne would all want to play every game. Would be a great signing regardless though.

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hes a lb/lwb.

If we're going to compete on all fronts then we need players who are ready to come in and there won't be a drop in quality. 

Ricardo/Timmy as RB/RWB

And James Justin when fit

Just now, Solihullfox said:

And James Justin when fit

theres a reason top 6 teams stay in the top 6 whilst getting far into europe and there is a reason why teams have an amazing season, finish 7th and then finish 13th the season after whilst playing in europe. Its the natural squad/club progression if we want to be a top 4 club!

• Like 1

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

Don’t think Ricky will be here much longer IMO so this makes sense as another left footer is needed. 

Do another year with us and go for about £18-25m next summer with only a year on his deal left. Justin will be back and can play any of the full back or in the back 3.

5 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Hes a lb/lwb.

Ricardo/Timmy as RB/RWB

If this comes off I’d suspect we are maybe looking to shift Ricardo on this summer? Justin obviously also on both sides, Kevin for wing back cover also - starting to look pretty stacked. 

I thought we could be after a left footed full back as a starter with JJ out for some time and question marks over Ricardo's recovery . With European football Castagne and Ricardo would be competing for the righted sided spot and Thomas as back up on the left (Castagne could cover the left as well) JJs recovery/fitness to then be assessed towards the end of the year and if all was going well with his recovery he'd be competing for the left back spot with Thomas possibly going out on loan for 6 months. 

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Give me Patson Daka and Trincao and we'll be looking very sexy. KDH to come in to supplement the midfield. An expeirenced LB to come in on loan as cover (let Fuchs finally go and see his family lol)

Sowah at Leuven is having a decent season too