Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Robin Gosens (unconfirmed)

Interesting - definitely sounds like this one has potential. Sadly I doubt very much that we will see Ricardo sign another contract with us. If that were in any way possible then it would have happened by now or we would at least have heard rumours like we have done with Youri. 

• Like 3

WOW! Just WOW! :yahoo:

Excellent news! Our fullbacks will surely be a force to reckon with not only in the Premiership, but all throughout European Football! I personally am quite a fan of Gosens having watched him a couple of times for playing for Atalanta in LWB role in a 3-4-1-2 formation and I remember Leicester linked to him first prior to getting Castagne if I remember correctly. Very lethal and dangerous player to play against. Fantastic job our recruitment team and Castagne likely put in a good word about the club to Gosens.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Interesting - definitely sounds like this one has potential. Sadly I doubt very much that we will see Ricardo sign another contract with us. If that were in any way possible then it would have happened by now or we would at least have heard rumours like we have done with Youri. 

True, I think Ricardo will be our next big name to go.  Injury has just held it up a bit I think.

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

True, I think Ricardo will be our next big name to go.  Injury has just held it up a bit I think.

Yep definitely. It would be sad to see him go as he is such an insanely talented guy, but JJ has been a revelation and Castagne to me seems more comfortable at interchanging between RB and RWB. 

• Like 1

Fofana slots it through to Tielemens  who sprays it out to Gosens, Gosens whips it in to Nacho who takes a 5 minute nap before curling it with his left pinky toe into the top corner.

:wub:

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 2

I can't see Ricardo leaving after doing his ACL. Be a massive gamble for a club to sign a player who hasn't got over it yet. Unless he is refusing to sign a new contract, which I doubt unless we don't get Champions League..

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 3

I'm not so sure Ricardo goes, he's a fair way from his best, I don't see a club coming in this summer and he's 28 this year.

I'm not saying he won't go, on the form  he demonstrated prior to his injuries he is one of Europe's best fullbacks, but I don't think it's set in stone.

• Like 1

I don't really know anything of the bloke but I love that our recruitment keeps building on the relationships of our current squad too.

N'didi and Nacho.

Our Belgian trio.

Soyuncu and Under.

Timmy and his old teammate.

Granted Under and Cags seems irrelevant at this stage with Under looking set to leave, but we are using the assets we already have to help buy other quality players and this obviously helps with chemistry too, which really can't be understated.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We have a chance to be in 4 competitions next year, on top of a curtailed preseason due to the Euros. We'll be utilizing our squad again and need all the options we can get. 

Gosens/JJ/Thomas and Ricardo/Castagne/JJ.  

Could potentially get Thomas a championship loan. He's done well but he's definitely needs some more game experience to develop and he may not get much game time here if we signed Gosens.

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Can't see Ricardo leaving this summer unless he's made it clear he wants too. But also don't see him running his contract down and leaving for nothing either. 

i don’t imagine he’ll get the offers he wants until he proves himself after the injury. Looked off form and no big club will take the punt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

i don’t imagine he’ll get the offers he wants until he proves himself after the injury. Looked off form and no big club will take the punt.

You may have a point. I'm encouraged by the likes of Danny Ings who snapped his ACL in training at Liverpool 2018. It took him quite a while to regain his form but whenever I've seen him at the KP and on telly he now looks razor sharp. 

• Like 2