Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Scouse and would cost a tonne as he's English and plays for a Prem team.

Would he cost much more than Tarks? Think he’d be great alongside Wes and Cags in a 3 if Jonny is struggling.

1 minute ago, Bobbyblue said:

Would he cost much more than Tarks? Think he’d be great alongside Wes and Cags in a 3 if Jonny is struggling.

Coady's contract expires in 2025, Tarks expires in 2022. He'd cost whatever Wolves wanted at that point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I cannot emphasise to you how much it annoys me when people suggest us signing PL players that are key players at other clubs that contracts haven't expired or aren't expiring in the next year.

Stop it or I'll start dishing out big bans.

Can you do the same for any swap deals please. A big bug bear of mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I cannot emphasise to you how much it annoys me when people suggest us signing PL players that are key players at other clubs that contracts haven't expired or aren't expiring in the next year.

Tottenham forum probably saying the same about Kane. Any new Spurs manager would never let him go with his contract nowhere near its end.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can you do the same for any swap deals please. A big bug bear of mine.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And anyone calling him Tark, Tarks, Tarko, or Tarky. 

Tarka I'll accept on literary grounds. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Who are Villarreal's CBs?  Utd. never got a clear chance in 120 mins.

Pau Torres is their first choice centre back but he's already on the radar of most of Europe's top clubs and would cost a fair bit. Raul Albiol is the other who still a decent player is in the twilight of his career.

On 26/05/2021 at 10:24, Dusty said:

Aouar available from Lyon this summer for under £25m. I’d imagine he’ll be looking for a champions league team tbf but we’d be able to offer high wages. Still only 22 and got 8 goals and 3 assists this season.

if Youri were to leave, a combination of soumare and this guy would give us really good cover and options.

He is fantastic from the relative little amount I've seen of him, didn't they want 70m or so for him from Arsenal last summer? I think he'll end up there anyway.

Anyone suggesting Zaha can get in the bin, 29 in November, would cost 40m, wages would be 120k+ a week, 5 year contract and come 3 years time we'll be stuck with a player on a huge salary who's getting average stats and is sulking about the place. I'd avoid him like the plague, if he goes Everton, he'll end up like Sigurdsson and we'll be happy we missed out on him. The time for Palace to sell is this summer though, only 2 years left on his contract, exactly the same situation with us and Tielemans.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

He's made it clear he wants to leave, though.

His signature is on the contract and in truth I can't see a new manager, of any standing, taking the job if the club allows its world class striker to leave. Spurs have plenty of other underachievers they can sell.

32 minutes ago, Bobbyblue said:

....I feel we are looking too much into the back three formation!!!

I can't see it being an overly used formation more like something we adopt against certain big teams in order to play on the counter. Barnes or a viable Right Winger not being available, (I still believe Under was an option) has committed us to going with this format. Rotating Evans would be the reason for the three and getting in another CB to sit on the bench seems excessive.

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

His signature is on the contract and in truth I can't see a new manager, of any standing, taking the job if the club allows its world class striker to leave. Spurs have plenty of other underachievers they can sell.

...any new manager walks in, and sit him down and ask him what he wants!!!

You lay out your vision of what you are looking to achieve at the club and a possible timescale. You then ask him if after hearing your plans how does he feel in regards to prolonging his term at the club. If he still wishes to leave then you have to thank him for his services to the club and state that obviously the club will be looking for a fee in a certain region and that will preclude some teams from bidding. Should they fail to reach that target then  we are not prepared to release you and we will have a review in six months.

As long as you are prepared to be honest with the player, then their should not be a backlash from your want away star. You never know, a change in the approach to the evolution of the club may just rekindle his enthusiasm for the club.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...any new manager walks in, and sit him down and ask him what he wants!!!

You lay out your vision of what you are looking to achieve at the club and a possible timescale. You then ask him if after hearing your plans how does he feel in regards to prolonging his term at the club. If he still wishes to leave then you have to thank him for his services to the club and state that obviously the club will be looking for a fee in a certain region and that will preclude some teams from bidding. Should they fail to reach that target then  we are not prepared to release you and we will have a review in six months.

As long as you are prepared to be honest with the player, then their should not be a backlash from your want away star. You never know, a change in the approach to the evolution of the club may just rekindle his enthusiasm for the club.

The only clubs that have gone to the 100 million that Spurs would value Harry at are PSG ,he is unlikely to go there, Real , who are still trying to get over Hazard, and Barcelona ,ditto with Coutinho. Man City have never gone that far and Man Utd. have payed well over the odds for Pogba and Maguire.Their coffers are not limitless. Harry has made himself too expensive, particularly now. He is a great player and a fine pro. and even with all that money Spurs cannot replace him. The new manager will make his staying a firm condition I am sure.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The only clubs that have gone to the 100 million that Spurs would value Harry at are PSG ,he is unlikely to go there, Real , who are still trying to get over Hazard, and Barcelona ,ditto with Coutinho. Man City have never gone that far and Man Utd. have payed well over the odds for Pogba and Maguire.Their coffers are not limitless. Harry has made himself too expensive, particularly now. He is a great player and a fine pro. and even with all that money Spurs cannot replace him. The new manager will make his staying a firm condition I am sure.

.....yeah, he is limited in potential suitors!!!

Kane is very much the same as the Vardy situation we have here, we would be mad to have sold as almost impossible to replace and he is what our game is based on. The opportunity is there for a rebuild and it really does not require too big a figure (monetarily) to build a good front line. Son took over the mantle when Kane was out and did a very good job, it was refreshing to see them play with others having to step up.

I can not give a value for Kane's selling on fee, but it does not require a kings ransom to get the same value spread out throughout a new front line.

This might be a bit unrealistic, and probably a bad idea, but what about Zaha? Hungry to win something after all his time at Palace, no Top 6 club will risk him. He's always had spells of really good form but been dragged down by his teammates. I think if we signed him AND Trincao (not happening without a sale in all likelihood) we instantly have one seriously potent strikeforce with depth available. We essentially would have Vardy, Iheanacho, Edouard, Trincao, Zaha, Barnes, and Maddison plus Albrighton and Perez all competing for 4 spots. 

I think we could also try Barnes centrally. He's played well there in lower levels. Imagine

Vardy

Zaha Barnes Trincao

Tielemans Ndidi

Justin Soyuncu Evans Pereira

Schmeichel

Ward Maddison Albrighton Castagne Soumaré Fofana Iheanacho

If Tielemans does end up wanting out can we try and hijack arsenal's effort to get Aouar in. 

Midfield trio of him, soumare and Ndidi could be ridiculous. And if he ends up going for anywhere near the rumoured £25mill then that's stupid value. 

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

This might be a bit unrealistic, and probably a bad idea, but what about Zaha? Hungry to win something after all his time at Palace, no Top 6 club will risk him. He's always had spells of really good form but been dragged down by his teammates. I think if we signed him AND Trincao (not happening without a sale in all likelihood) we instantly have one seriously potent strikeforce with depth available. We essentially would have Vardy, Iheanacho, Edouard, Trincao, Zaha, Barnes, and Maddison plus Albrighton and Perez all competing for 4 spots. 

I think we could also try Barnes centrally. He's played well there in lower levels. Imagine

Vardy

Zaha Barnes Trincao

Tielemans Ndidi

Justin Soyuncu Evans Pereira

Schmeichel

Ward Maddison Albrighton Castagne Soumaré Fofana Iheanacho

Fofana over soyucnu