Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Ben Mee would be a great signing, doubt he would cost the Earth and is a solid experienced defender at this level

I still have nightmares of his debut for us. Although I know it would be a good signing I’m getting flash backs.

7 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Evans will be 34 in early January next year and combined with his injury will need to be spared the extremes of a busy season.

I have been impressed with John Egan of Sheffield United and whilst our defence is fine when everyone is fit I wouldn't mind having someone like him in the squad.

This is a good shout. Egan would be a massive upgrade on amartey 

Really do think we need to sign a CB, Evans is a year older and I don't want to see Amartey filling in a decent amount of time there and we're also losing Morgan and Fuchs who can slot in there.

It won't be someone worth 30m, but someone out of favour elsewhere, or someone who only has 12 months left on their contract. Not sure if it'll be Tarks, we obviously fancy him but I reckon Burnley will still want 20m for him.

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Really do think we need to sign a CB, Evans is a year older and I don't want to see Amartey filling in a decent amount of time there and we're also losing Morgan and Fuchs who can slot in there.

It won't be someone worth 30m, but someone out of favour elsewhere, or someone who only has 12 months left on their contract. Not sure if it'll be Tarks, we obviously fancy him but I reckon Burnley will still want 20m for him.

I’ve already said who it should be! Ajaer from Celtic available for £10m 

10 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

I’ve already said who it should be! Ajaer from Celtic available for £10m 

I think we will go for someone more experienced in that position.

Rodgers was very keen to talk about the "profile" of who he wants to sign. With Evans now our only experienced centre half, I'm not sure we'll be in for another centre half in their early 20's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, martyn said:

I think we will go for someone more experienced in that position.

Rodgers was very keen to talk about the "profile" of who he wants to sign. With Evans now our only experienced centre half, I'm not sure we'll be in for another centre half in their early 20's.

Be Chris smalling then or someone like that 

• Like 1

Really left field shout, Jose Fonte sounds like he is leaving Lille on a free. As an experienced centre back option it might make sense? yes he's 37 but in a way would be a Wes replacement (without the dodgy back)

14 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Really left field shout, Jose Fonte sounds like he is leaving Lille on a free. As an experienced centre back option it might make sense? yes he's 37 but in a way would be a Wes replacement (without the dodgy back)

Not sure signing a 37 year old to replace a 37 year old with a bad back excites me. We signed Bennett as cover last year and that was a monumental failure. We need 4 top centre backs in my opinion and would try to get Tarkowski as he would be Evans' natural successor in a year or two.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

In the athletic article this morning on Bournemouth, it says we enquired about brooks last summer. Hasn't had the best season but has tonnes of talent. Danjuma too would be worth a look. 

It was reported they wanted £50m to sell Brooks last season

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12653626/leicester-david-brooks-transfer-50m/

He looks to have had a terrible season for such a highly rated player in the Championship with just 27 starts and with 5 goals, 7 assists a poor return. Also I noted when Bournemouth had a man sent off early on in their play off SF he was the one sacrificed. It looks he has fallen that far that he is now considered just an average Bournemouth player rather than their star.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/295084/Show/David-Brooks

Contract expires in a year so Bournemouth would likely sell as if he is any good he won't be signing another. Might be a project for BR as a "broken player" who can be picked up on the cheap?

• Like 1

Would anyone take Deli from Spurs this summer? Apparently they want to sell him. Still at an age where Brendan can develop him, and can add to Maddison, Tielemans in midfield options. Personally think could be a good player for us. Maybe a move can kick start his career again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Would anyone take Deli from Spurs this summer? Apparently they want to sell him. Still at an age where Brendan can develop him, and can add to Maddison, Tielemans in midfield options. Personally think could be a good player for us. Maybe a move can kick start his career again. 

Maybe if he shaved his head

• Like 1

Guest ttfn

What’s James Milner up to?

Seems to play increasingly rarely for Liverpool, probably got a couple more years in the tank, experienced winner who can play in a few positions. Has also signed for Rodgers before.

Edited by ttfn

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

What’s James Milner up to?

Seems to play increasingly rarely for Liverpool, probably got a couple more years in the tank, experienced winner who can play in a few positions.

The sort of player I would love us to sign. Feel that’s one area we have been lacking over the last 2 seasons some real experience and a winner, like a Cambiasso. I think I remember Klopp saying that Milner was fittest player in their pre season or something last summer which wouldn’t surprise me as he seems a consummate professional. Don’t think he’d come here but the sort of character we should be looking at with Morgan and Fuchs leaving. Preferably a CB as 4th choice but experienced head when we are looking to see out games. 

dunno who that could be.. Tarkowski maybe if he’d come, and at a reasonable price. Would people take Cahill as 4th choice, looks to be out of contract this summer, and a wealth of experience. Not seen much of him recently tbf not sure if he’s struggled with injuries?

1 hour ago, Unique FC said:

I would have said no before seeing lingard at WH,....

• Like 1

There’s a few experienced CB’s out of contract this summer.

Javi Martinez - Bundesliga & Champions League winner

Andrea Ranocchia - Just won Serie A with Inter

Jose Fonte - Just won Ligue 1 with Lille

Gary Cahill - Won all English Cups as we know

If we want to spend on one, I’d consider Dunk over Tarkowski tbf, just because of his leadership qualities.

8 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

Would any take David Luiz on a free ? Experienced and would cover for CB I know he’s eractic at times but he good be good for a year.

100% not going to happen but, speaking of Arsenal, I'd love it if we made a proper troll move and put a bid in for Saliba to get him reunited with Little Wes.

Loads of reasons why it wouldn't happen, not least that he's probably going to get a chance at the Emirates next season and I imagine we're looking at more experienced options at CB, but I'd love it all the same.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

100% not going to happen but, speaking of Arsenal, I'd love it if we made a proper troll move and put a bid in for Saliba to get him reunited with Little Wes.

Loads of reasons why it wouldn't happen, not least that he's probably going to get a chance at the Emirates next season and I imagine we're looking at more experienced options at CB, but I'd love it all the same.

If you were trolling you would also go for Joe willock 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Going to get ridiculed for this one, but what about Deli Alli. Get him firing again and we have a solid number 10. 

....far far far too many questions.....!!!

He is a project and a half, we do not have time for this and he needs to grow up, he needs to become self aware as his career is tanking. I would rather have JLinz that take a chance with Ali.