Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

32 minutes ago, barnacle said:

Who loses out to Soumare?

We need something in attack like a Coutinho, someone who we aren't saying, hope he can do something, someone who already has that sparkle. 25-28 and played 20+ european cup games.

Hamza or Mendy losses out to Soumare

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Definitely need that 4th centre back being in 4 competitions next season and Wes retiring.

And Amartey is finished here as BR clearly doesn't trust him as he'd rather play Ndidi and Castagne there instead of him on the evidence of the last few games.

Up until recently I was happy with our main three frontline CB's especially if e go back to a back four but they've missed a lot of games between them this season, we probably do need a 4th. Tarkowski the obvious one with one year left or looking at the list of free agents maybe Steve Cook from Bournemouth if we want a low cost option.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2021&ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

59 minutes ago, turlo said:

Hamza or Mendy losses out to Soumare

.. both do not get plenty of game time!!!

I see Soumare as either a rotation with Wilf or playing alongside Youri, he will not be someone sitting on the bench.

Maddison or the #10 spot could be sacrificed in order to accommodate him, in certain games.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. both do not get plenty of game time!!!

I see Soumare as either a rotation with Wilf or playing alongside Youri, he will not be someone sitting on the bench.

Maddison or the #10 spot could be sacrificed in order to accommodate him, in certain games.

place in the squad i meant - one or both of them will be sold. he'll be used as you say here, especially when we need someone more physical in the midfield in place of Maddison. This does depend somewhat on the quality of the right winger we bring in as would need them to take on the attacking threat and creativity missed if Madders doesn't play

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

And Amartey is finished here as BR clearly doesn't trust him as he'd rather play Ndidi and Castagne there instead of him on the evidence of the last few games.

Up until recently I was happy with our main three frontline CB's especially if e go back to a back four but they've missed a lot of games between them this season, we probably do need a 4th. Tarkowski the obvious one with one year left or looking at the list of free agents maybe Steve Cook from Bournemouth if we want a low cost option.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?plus=0&jahr=2021&ausrichtung=Abwehr&spielerposition_id=3&altersklasse=alle&land_id=0&yt0=Show

Speaking of Bournemouth that Kelly who plays centre back is highly rate he may be worth a look? Can’t remember his first name.

Guest Bert Fill

We don’t need much. Just:

An experienced centre back.

Two goalscorers.

A midfielder.

Someone to do on the right what Barnes does on the left (this could be one of the two goalscorers of course).

And that’s on the basis of no good players leaving. So also replacements for any that do.

Not too much to ask, is it?

Well I hope we revert to a back 4 for most games. With that in mind, and this may be unpopular, but I would

sell Soyuncu and bring in Tarkowski. Soyuncu for me is too dependant on Evans playing.

Give Knight a chance as our 4th choice centre back and sell Amartey

JJ can always fill in if needed in a back 3, if we resort to this, when fit

Full backs are pretty much covered, maybe with the addition of Bertrand for experience.

Choudhury will be sold and Soumare in

Unfortunately Praet will leave for more game time. KDH may be given an opportunity.

Would sell Mendy and get another experienced midfielder in.

Bin Perez and bring in Perierra

A wide player like Trincao would be good, if a loan with option to buy was available. Hopefully Barnes will be up to full speed.

Looks like Edouard will add to our 2 strikers.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Could be a few players in the championship we could look at, Bournemouth etc

In the athletic article this morning on Bournemouth, it says we enquired about brooks last summer. Hasn't had the best season but has tonnes of talent. Danjuma too would be worth a look. 

1 minute ago, North Leeds Fox said:

In the athletic article this morning on Bournemouth, it says we enquired about brooks last summer. Hasn't had the best season but has tonnes of talent. Danjuma too would be worth a look. 

Another season missing out on promotion, reduced parachute payments and the poor spending, could mean the prices drop. 

Evans will be 34 in early January next year and combined with his injury will need to be spared the extremes of a busy season.

I have been impressed with John Egan of Sheffield United and whilst our defence is fine when everyone is fit I wouldn't mind having someone like him in the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Evans will be 34 in early January next year and combined with his injury will need to be spared the extremes of a busy season.

I have been impressed with John Egan of Sheffield United and whilst our defence is fine when everyone is fit I wouldn't mind having someone like him in the squad.

Egan or O'Connell (assuming he can get back to his best following injury) would not be bad shouts to be fair. Solid defenders and can play a bit, also good at attacking set pieces. Would be fairly cheap and an upgrade on Amartey.

• Like 1