Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

If Tielemans does end up wanting out can we try and hijack arsenal's effort to get Aouar in. 

Midfield trio of him, soumare and Ndidi could be ridiculous. And if he ends up going for anywhere near the rumoured £25mill then that's stupid value. 

....watched the obligatory video of Aouar, and struggled to keep awake!!!

The talk of a £25m bargain makes you wonder why it isn't obvious that this will be a good move, but just watching him, it is really difficult to get excited watching his strange running style, ball too far from him, it is all so messy (no pun) just seeing him on the pitch.

He maybe a revelation for Arsenal or wherever he ends up and whatever I have seen is a bad mis-judgment and maligns his talent, but I just do not see it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Out £85

Maddison £55m

Praet £15 million

Choudhury £8m

Ghezzal £7m

In £95

Trincao £30 million

de Paul £30 million

Soumaré £20 million

Edouard £15 million

Dewsbury-Hall academy

Bertrand free

Really can't see Maddison going anywhere , his valuation has dropped too much. If he plays to his best next season it will recover but then we will be determined to keep him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Out £85

Maddison £55m

Praet £15 million

Choudhury £8m

Ghezzal £7m

In £95

Trincao £30 million

de Paul £30 million

Soumaré £20 million

Edouard £15 million

Dewsbury-Hall academy

Bertrand free

Yeah, you got one too many 5s there for Maddison.  Let's talk next summer if he's coming off a better season. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Out £85

Maddison £55m

Praet £15 million

Choudhury £8m

Ghezzal £7m

In £95

Trincao £30 million

de Paul £30 million

Soumaré £20 million

Edouard £15 million

Dewsbury-Hall academy

Bertrand free

Taking out the Maddison/De Paul transfer the rest is very possible, although think we would have to do a loan to buy deal to get Trincao, Would also prefer to keep Praet and think we will unless he pushes for a move. 

14 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....watched the obligatory video of Aouar, and struggled to keep awake!!!

The talk of a £25m bargain makes you wonder why it isn't obvious that this will be a good move, but just watching him, it is really difficult to get excited watching his strange running style, ball too far from him, it is all so messy (no pun) just seeing him on the pitch.

He maybe a revelation for Arsenal or wherever he ends up and whatever I have seen is a bad mis-judgment and maligns his talent, but I just do not see it.

Ooh, I dunno. In the video I saw, his touch was absolutely silken. Any awkward body shape seemed to be in order to put the ball exactly where he wanted it to go.

Arsenal love signing attack-minded players when their real problems are elsewhere, but I think he'd be a good signing for them (or us as a someone to truly compete with Maddison). Obviously I'm only basing this on a YouTube video but I reckon £25m would be a bargain in today's market.

18 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Even if we play predominantly with a centre half pairing, rather than a trio, we still need another centre half.

We’ve got plenty of games next season and all of our 3 starting centre halves this year have had injury troubles in the past 12 months.

Ben Davies is in limbo at Liverpool and now apparently they are looking at another young Frenchman . He is 25 so has experience and would have far more chance of getting game time with us.

18 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Out £85

Maddison £55m

Praet £15 million

Choudhury £8m

Ghezzal £7m

In £95

Trincao £30 million

de Paul £30 million

Soumaré £20 million

Edouard £15 million

Dewsbury-Hall academy

Bertrand free

Ain't getting £55m for Maddison in the current climate, or close to it unfortunately. The rest looks pretty reasonable though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turlo said:

Taking out the Maddison/De Paul transfer the rest is very possible, although think we would have to do a loan to buy deal to get Trincao, Would also prefer to keep Praet and think we will unless he pushes for a move. 

Would be amazed if Barcelona would do any of they deals this summer, they need money in the door and quick.

18 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Out £85

Maddison £55m

Praet £15 million

Choudhury £8m

Ghezzal £7m

In £95

Trincao £30 million

de Paul £30 million

Soumaré £20 million

Edouard £15 million

Dewsbury-Hall academy

Bertrand free

Would be very surprised if we get Trincão or De Paul.

De Paul will stay in Italy and sadly I feel Trincão will be going to a Champions League team.

54 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

De Paul will stay in Italy and sadly I feel Trincão will be going to a Champions League team.

I think Trincao is more than attainable I just think it'll be a case of having to front up the money due to Barcelona's current financial situation.

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think Trincao is more than attainable I just think it'll be a case of having to front up the money due to Barcelona's current financial situation.

They managed to “slightly” relax their financial worries last week, took out a £500m loan to be able to restructure the majority of their short term debt

Might not make a difference but could mean that we are able go down the route of loan with obligation to buy like we tried last summer, as it would mean guaranteed income next year for Barcelona

56 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They managed to “slightly” relax their financial worries last week, took out a £500m loan to be able to restructure the majority of their short term debt

Might not make a difference but could mean that we are able go down the route of loan with obligation to buy like we tried last summer, as it would mean guaranteed income next year for Barcelona

Barca getting his wages off the books would be attractive to them as well, with his wages reportedly of 4 mill per year it would give them more headroom to get the players in they want. 

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah I guess an obligation to buy for them may be more appealing, can't see an Under type option deal though.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Mike Tresor, had

....very good player it seems, a tendency to make poor decisions at times!!!

His crosses are so good, no body contortion, just timing and pace required and they are almost impossible to defend. He makes penalty taking look easy, and yet every time I expect him to miss, weird.

22 hours ago, turlo said:

I would prefer to keep Praet too but I would not be surprised if he move on, Rodgers doesn't trust him and Deswbury-Hall can perform a similar role in the squad. Barcelona will not let Trincao leave unless they get the money now they have quite serious money problems, the only way we can get him with a loan to buy is if they are really desperate and have no options at the end of the window. Maddison/de Paul is a pipe dream of course

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I still feel we would be a very attractive team to Trincao if he is open to leaving Barca. Great coach for youth, little competition for the right wing, in a position to pay him well and challenge for European football every season. de Paul isn't coming here sadly, is more of a daydream than anything.