Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

16 hours ago, matty98 said:

Mike Tresor, had a great season at Willem, pacey winger with excellent chance creation stats. Plus he's Belgian.

Has a superb turn of pace, glides past players and can play anywhere across the front. Great shout! 

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

For the cost I am not too sure I would want him, but I wonder if we will get linked again

Trincao and Coutinho double deal? :ph34r:

I’d rather we go and fetch Oscar back from China for the money Coutinho would cost. 

1 hour ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Try get Bernard from Everton has impressed every time I’ve seen him.  Comes across as the type of player that just needs a run of games and he’d do well .  

3ft tall and built like the side of a fiver. Think he lacks the physical attributes to make it in this league. 

I mean, he makes Perez look like Akinfenwa.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Reading this morning Newcastle have to sell St Maximin, he's the sort of signing we would need to make to challenge for top 4

3 goals 4 assists, I’d say he’s not good enough . Looks good on YouTube and always has those viral clips but to finish in the top 4 you need consistency and I don’t think he has that. Perez looked good at Newcastle.

5 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

3 goals 4 assists, I’d say he’s not good enough . Looks good on YouTube and always has those viral clips but to finish in the top 4 you need consistency and I don’t think he has that. Perez looked good at Newcastle.

He was out with Covid this season, and has taken a while to recover (as have i myself so know what it can be like), but he's 24 and will improve I think, he's a game changer.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Trincao played 28 times this season , hardly a marginal player. Barcelona obviously rate him highly , how on earth could we prise him away from them?

Because only 3 of those 28 league games were starts.

It also seems like Barcelona are willing to listen to offers for him.

Edited by moore_94

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Because only 3 of those 28 league games were starts

That is how you integrate young players into the team. As long as he makes the right progress he will get more starts. Barcelona have a lot of good players and Trincao must know he has to be patient. 

20 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That is how you integrate young players into the team. As long as he makes the right progress he will get more starts. Barcelona have a lot of good players and Trincao must know he has to be patient. 

A lot of those games came earlier in the season too. Koeman changed the tactics when drifting midseason and trincao has been a casualty of that. 

23 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Barcelona are seemingly willing to sell him anyway.

Also with the club having tried to sign him from them previously, it shows he would possibly be willing to join

Therefore, it makes it entirely reasonable to think we could get him.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Trincao played 28 times this season , hardly a marginal player. Barcelona obviously rate him highly , how on earth could we prise him away from them?

Nah he's very out of favour. Mainly used in a bench role. Also barca have massive financial issues. 

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I would prefer to keep Praet too but I would not be surprised if he move on, Rodgers doesn't trust him and Deswbury-Hall can perform a similar role in the squad. Barcelona will not let Trincao leave unless they get the money now they have quite serious money problems, the only way we can get him with a loan to buy is if they are really desperate and have no options at the end of the window. Maddison/de Paul is a pipe dream of course

If it was a loan with an obligation to buy then they could be much more willing, as they would be able to take a loan out on that transfer figure so they have the funds immediately..

Would also mean us kicking the can down the road in terms of making any payments so potentially more money in the Kitty for this window.

Although if we had gone through with the loan + obligation on Ünder I think we would all be seething right now.. so it’s a tough call 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

A formation with Trincao and Barnes would of course mean that only two of Maddison, Iheanacho, Edouard , Vardy or Soumaré could start., assuming a back four, because Tielemans and Ndidi are certain starters. A nice problem to have of course but rotation must happen a great deal more than present. I would suggest if we are going back four then Barnes and Trincao would be first choice players.This is only hypothesis of course because Trincao is the least likely to come.

57 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

A formation with Trincao and Barnes would of course mean that only two of Maddison, Iheanacho, Edouard , Vardy or Soumaré could start., assuming a back four, because Tielemans and Ndidi are certain starters. A nice problem to have of course but rotation must happen a great deal more than present. I would suggest if we are going back four then Barnes and Trincao would be first choice players.This is only hypothesis of course because Trincao is the least likely to come.

I think the first 11 or best 11 is dated. Players are pushed much harder than they used to be and medical science teams monitor them thoroughly but it means the old days of players playing every game all season are long gone especially if the team are high pressing.

The future is more like Man City, who knows who there best 11 are? They don't have one, they have maybe 18 players who could be in their starting line, they seem to have a run of games and then get rested. I think we will aim to do that more so who gets left out really isn't an issue.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Only about 650 minutes tho, so not even half an hour per appearance