Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

50 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I mean that is just flipping shocking! Right out the Maddison closet that is! Ffs just wear a normal tux! 

Screenshot_20240414_220924_Instagram.thumb.jpg.6f609ca25b87fd5597fce1ad6d54018a.jpg

That's what happens when you don't give the tailor enough time to finish it

Edited by dmayne7
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I dont think we'll miss him at all tbh. Very inconsistent even at this level.

Not sure I agree with that at all but fair enough.

I would be interested to know realistic players we would get in that would have the impact he has had this season.

Like most of the team he has largely been missing the last 10 games but he has also still chipped in with crucial moments.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

I would be interested to know realistic players we would get in that would have the impact he has had this season.

Like most of the team he has largely been missing the last 10 games but he has also still chipped in with crucial moments.

I should caveat this. If we don't go up we'll miss him, but if we do I don't see it being that much of an issue. You're not replacing many goals and assists at that level, and his first touch and general play in a technical system aren't all that.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

He's a young man. Ask yourself if you ever made an outfit choice mistake when you were young. Ffs. 

Personally think it looks great. Hate conventional suits and tuxs. Fair play to him, and only spent a few days wages on it anyway. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cjslcfc said:

If we go up and Norwich dont then Gabriel Sara seems like a like for like replacement.

Dont get me wrong we are very lucky to have Dewsbury Hall this season but it's not like he's irreplaceable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I should caveat this. If we don't go up we'll miss him, but if we do I don't see it being that much of an issue. You're not replacing many goals and assists at that level, and his first touch and general play in a technical system aren't all that.

Think it might be a bit early to write him off to be able to produce good numbers at PL level. Not sure he played the role he does for us now when we were up there.

Will certainly be watching with intrigue as to who takes a punt on him.

But I am probably with you in the fact his technical ability gives him a ceiling. In the right team and system he would be highly effective.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If we go up and Norwich dont then Gabriel Sara seems like a like for like replacement.

Dont get me wrong we are very lucky to have Dewsbury Hall this season but it's not like he's irreplaceable.

I should have said my point was also considering the fact of our financial situation. No way we can just pick up Sara when we have such a loss deficit to balance up

1 hour ago, cjslcfc said:

I should have said my point was also considering the fact of our financial situation. No way we can just pick up Sara when we have such a loss deficit to balance up

If we sell Dewsbury hall for 30m and sign Sara for 20m on a 5 year contract we would technically have +£26mil on the books for next season because of the way amortisation and ffp works. It's not unlikely that we invest a decent amount in a KDH replacement if we do sell him. 

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

If we sell Dewsbury hall for 30m and sign Sara for 20m on a 5 year contract we would technically have +£26mil on the books for next season because of the way amortisation and ffp works. It's not unlikely that we invest a decent amount in a KDH replacement if we do sell him. 

We won't get 30m. Clubs know we need the money so will chisel it down. He's not worth 30m anyway. 

6 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Szmodics

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bert said:

Reckon he’d be available for £10m or so….

And his wages would probably be around a third of Vardy, Nacho or Daka.

12 hours ago, BakerLCFC said:

When the reported asks him what gone wrong the body language instantly changes to one of someone who is lying in their response. He knows why....

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

When the reported asks him what gone wrong the body language instantly changes to one of someone who is lying in their response. He knows why....

Thought he looked pretty honest to be fair. I am sure he knows a big part of it is the quality of the players being able to mentally see this out.