Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Arnaut Danjuma

Mainly a left winger, 33 games 15 goals 7 assists last season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9653379/Leicester-Wolfsburg-Lyon-eye-Bournemouth-forward-Arnaut-Danjuma.html

Leicester, Wolfsburg and Lyon eye forward Arnaut Danjuma following Bournemouth's failure to secure Premier League return

Bournemouth face a fight to keep key forward Arnaut Danjuma following their failure to secure a Premier League return.

Leicester, Wolfsburg and Lyon are among the clubs interested in the 24-year-old, who was one of the most impressive performers in the Championship last season.

Bournemouth may have to sacrifice one of their key squad members after failing to secure promotion.

And Danjuma is attracting major interest from across Europe ahead of next season.

The 24-year-old is widely viewed as one of the most exciting attacking talents outside the Premier League.

His stats last season were comparable with Norwich’s Emi Buendia, who is a target for Arsenal this summer.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Mainly a left winger, 33 games 15 goals 7 assists last season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9653379/Leicester-Wolfsburg-Lyon-eye-Bournemouth-forward-Arnaut-Danjuma.html

Leicester, Wolfsburg and Lyon eye forward Arnaut Danjuma following Bournemouth's failure to secure Premier League return

Bournemouth face a fight to keep key forward Arnaut Danjuma following their failure to secure a Premier League return.

Leicester, Wolfsburg and Lyon are among the clubs interested in the 24-year-old, who was one of the most impressive performers in the Championship last season.

Bournemouth may have to sacrifice one of their key squad members after failing to secure promotion.

And Danjuma is attracting major interest from across Europe ahead of next season.

The 24-year-old is widely viewed as one of the most exciting attacking talents outside the Premier League.

His stats last season were comparable with Norwich’s Emi Buendia, who is a target for Arsenal this summer.

also plays out right. assume he would be a back up for if we cant land perreira? 

3 minutes ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

also plays out right. assume he would be a back up for if we cant land perreira? 

I imagine so, would prefer we actually went for someone who is a bit more natural on the right though

5323BB5F-0474-4F63-BEB0-BF75ACE7C0A6.jpeg

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

I imagine so, would prefer we actually went for someone who is a bit more natural on the right though

5323BB5F-0474-4F63-BEB0-BF75ACE7C0A6.jpeg

ye seems weird to me also. could be being signed as rotation for barnes, as well as cover on right, but cant imagine he would join if that was the case. hit a hot streak last season, would be weird for him to accept what would most likely be a bit part role.

Got himself a deserved call up to the Holland squad a while back, looked to be a player to watch.

Went to Bournemouth, did nothing in the Prem, but did extremely well in the Championship.

Could end up being a decent back up to Barnes, but not starter material for me.

Edited by kingfox

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a player like this. Harvey Barnes and James Maddison proved you can transition from the Championship to the Premier League in the right team.

Wouldn't be a first team starter, but would add depth. We were screwed when Barnes got injured, so arguably need two wingers, one for the other side and another squad option. Remember we are down Gray and Under going into next season!

So it depends on price. This transfer window I feel we are looking to sign for depth rather than first team competition, as all the linked players (Bertrand, Edouard, Soumare) whilst good are there for additional cover rather than to definitively take a first team spot. We definitely need more attacking players, so for the right price players like this could be good.

I expect we'll for someone else instead though.

• Like 3

3 years left on his deal and they are the kind of club who will hold out for big money for their players

Sold around £90m worth last season whilst keeping hold of some Prem linked players like Lerma, Billing, and Brooks

Can't see him being cheap to get after the season he just had

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We need 2 new wingers this summer IMO, even with the addition of Sowah to the squad I think we need a back up to Barnes and then a key first team starter at RW.

Bertrand, Soumare, Edouard, Tarkowski (?) and two wingers. That would add some real depth to the squad.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We need 2 new wingers this summer IMO, even with the addition of Sowah to the squad I think we need a back up to Barnes and then a key first team starter at RW.

I’ll be amazed if we get two but happy. I think it’s more likely we’ll get just the one first choice starting right winger and Albrighton will be first choice back up for both left and right and Sowah who can play wide will be used as a reserve winger also but primarily I suspect in the middle?

Edited by Nick
I think I’ve got my Sowah’s and my Soumare’s mixed up here! 😂

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed! Maybe not 2 out and out wingers though, but 1 winger and 1 versatile attacker who can play on the wing & CAM (someone like Matheus Pereira), which gives us depth on the wing & competition for Maddison. 

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 22:47, Ric Flair said:

Ric you'll get one. Perez, Albrighton and Sowah will be the backups. One really good one will be fine.

59 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Ric you'll get one. Perez, Albrighton and Sowah will be the backups. One really good one will be fine.

I know, as long as they are the missing piece then I'll be happy but there's an argument we could do with 2. A backup for Barnes and then a marquee right winger.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know, as long as they are the missing piece then I'll be happy but there's an argument we could do with 2. A backup for Barnes and then a marquee right winger.

In an ideal world we'd sign someone like Trinicao and Faivre to go alongside Maddison and Barnes and pick any three from four behind the striker with the likes of Albrighton and Sowah as back up to these (sell Perez hopefully).

I love our transfer business so far if we assume Soumare and Edouard are done deals but I'm also concerned that our transfer business so far indicates to us playing two up top by signing a third striker and still no solid links to a an attacking right sided player.

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We’ve never replaced Mahrez in however many windows it’s been since he pushed his way out - I’m not sure why anyone would take it as a given we’re going to do it this time.

Think it more fans that expect a Mahrez replacement to arrive, rather than a practical likelihood

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We’ve never replaced Mahrez in however many windows it’s been since he pushed his way out - I’m not sure why anyone would take it as a given we’re going to do it this time.

Yet that money has made the overall squad stronger and I'm not sure Rodgers wants a Mahrez 

20 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Tbf this guy is a very right footed left winger, so it sounds like exactly the sort of thing we'd do instead of signing a RW. 

57 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

Yet that money has made the overall squad stronger and I'm not sure Rodgers wants a Mahrez 

A replacement in not necessarily an equal.  We’ve signed neither.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Attywolf said:

I am sure Rodgers would want a player who can add the goals and assists, not sure he would be as hung up on him being a left footed North African from France.:D

• Haha 1