Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Nathan Collins

Highly rated 20 year old centre back at Stoke

REPORT: ARSENAL COULD NOW MISS OUT ON NATHAN COLLINS, LEICESTER WANT HIM

According to The Daily Star on Sunday (06/06, p43), Arsenal now face a battle with Leicester City for the signature of Nathan Collins.

Last week, The Sun claimed that Stoke City were waiting for Arsenal to make a move for Collins having held a long-standing interest.

This latest report again notes that Arsenal are still keen, but Leicester are looking to swoop in and take him to the King Power Stadium.

WHO IS ARSENAL TARGET NATHAN COLLINS?

Collins, 20, joined Stoke from Cherry Orchard in 2016, and has now become a first-team player with the Potters.

At 6ft 4in tall, Collins is a huge physical presence. This past season, the youngster made 22 appearances for Stoke.

On the international stage, Collins plays for Ireland but has yet to earn a senior cap.

The report notes that Stoke want a huge £15million fee for Collins.

HARRY MAGUIRE COMPARISON

Back in February this year, Stoke youth coach Richard Walker suggested that Collins was comparable to Manchester United star Harry Maguire.

Leicester of course signed Maguire themselves in 2017, and finding the next Maguire could be appealing.

Right now, Arsenal don’t have the budget to go and buy a Maguire. Maybe finding a young player they can develop into a Premier League starter is the best way to go.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

I was impressed with him when we played them in the cup to be fair! Looked as dominant as you’d expect a 6’4” player to be also looked very comfortable on the ball whilst being no slouch.... oh and if it means trumping Arsenal Geeeerrriiimmmin

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Highly rated 20 year old centre back at Stoke

REPORT: ARSENAL COULD NOW MISS OUT ON NATHAN COLLINS, LEICESTER WANT HIM

According to The Daily Star on Sunday (06/06, p43), Arsenal now face a battle with Leicester City for the signature of Nathan Collins.

Last week, The Sun claimed that Stoke City were waiting for Arsenal to make a move for Collins having held a long-standing interest.

This latest report again notes that Arsenal are still keen, but Leicester are looking to swoop in and take him to the King Power Stadium.

WHO IS ARSENAL TARGET NATHAN COLLINS?

Collins, 20, joined Stoke from Cherry Orchard in 2016, and has now become a first-team player with the Potters.

At 6ft 4in tall, Collins is a huge physical presence. This past season, the youngster made 22 appearances for Stoke.

On the international stage, Collins plays for Ireland but has yet to earn a senior cap.

The report notes that Stoke want a huge £15million fee for Collins.

HARRY MAGUIRE COMPARISON

Back in February this year, Stoke youth coach Richard Walker suggested that Collins was comparable to Manchester United star Harry Maguire.

Leicester of course signed Maguire themselves in 2017, and finding the next Maguire could be appealing.

Right now, Arsenal don’t have the budget to go and buy a Maguire. Maybe finding a young player they can develop into a Premier League starter is the best way to go.

Yeah huge Stoke huge . 

9 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’d prefer I signing like this than the Tarkowski one 

That makes two of us.  Would be much better value.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Don't understand this at all. Our squad needs another experienced CB much more than we need a talented young one. We have two exceptionally talented relatively young CBs who have looked suspect without the experience of Johnny Evans next to them. Our need for a second experienced defender to help them when Evans isn't available is infinitely greater than our need for another 20 year old who's never played at this level, and who realistically stands no chance of being better than Fofana.

Where as I agree we need an experienced player I just prefer spending money on a young player with potential than spunking a load of money on Tarkowski .  We only paid around 3 million for Evans , a couple for Huth , Fuchs was free and looks like we will be signing Bertrand on a free and  all solid signings. Tarkowski isn’t going to be cheap so I would prefer to try and snag  an experienced player cheaply or free then put the money to someone like this  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Where as I agree we need an experienced player I just prefer spending money on a young player with potential than spunking a load of money on Tarkowski .  We only paid around 3 million for Evans , a couple for Huth , Fuchs was free and looks like we will be signing Bertrand on a free and  all solid signings. Tarkowski isn’t going to be cheap so I would prefer to try and snag  an experienced player cheaply or free then put the money to someone like this  

Depends very much on what’s available, if one of those is there and we can get them then I’m sure we would. We look at the market of frees and players with a year left all the time, to maximise value. See Edouard, Soumare, Tarkowski. 

Tarkoski has three or four years left at least left as a top level CB. If we can get him for a decent fee then do it. I think it’s more likely next summer on a free though.

• Like 1