Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Out of interest, anyone know what happens if Switzerland and Wales finish with literally identical records? 

Cos that's not wildly unlikely. 

I’ve been wondering that too. If Italy were to win 3-0 and it to stay the same in Baku. Play off maybe? But there won’t be time to play it? 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just said on the box ..   Swiss go through on goals scored ..  

No that wouldn't be identical records. 

If the Swiss score stays the same and Italy score two more, we'll have literally identical records I think. 

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

And I disagree - it's a matter of opinion I think. As I said, I think it's too easy to see the goal go in and then fit the analysis to that, pundits do it all the time.

As Kasper never misses a game it’s a rare chance to see Danny in action ..  so every move is studied in detail ...   if he wasn’t one of ours I doubt anyone would have commented tbh .. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

I’ve been wondering that too. If Italy were to win 3-0 and it to stay the same in Baku. Play off maybe? But there won’t be time to play it? 

I have a vague memory of a similar situation in 2016 and have a hunch there may literally have just been a draw for it? 

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just said on the box ..   Swiss go through on goals scored ..  

that’s only the case if the Swiss score again. If Italy score two and the Swiss don’t score another then they will have identical records, including goal scored. Normally it would then go to head to head but they drew against each other

Just now, Finnegan said:

No that wouldn't be identical records. 

If the Swiss score stays the same and Italy score two more, we'll have literally identical records I think. 

Ah ...    think they said one more goal to the Swiss and Italy ...    :dunno:

Just now, Countryfox said:

Ah ...    think they said one more goal to the Swiss and Italy ...    :dunno:

Yeah he did. I'm not sure why he said that tbh it was obvious. He should have used the example I gave because it would be genuinely unusual. 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Out of interest, anyone know what happens if Switzerland and Wales finish with literally identical records? 

Cos that's not wildly unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That would mean Switzerland would be 2nd because they've scored 4, whereas Wales have only scored 3?

Just now, peach0000 said:

It’s the only solution I could see working. Literally just a flip of the coin. 

Nope. 

This is what it says on Wiki:

- Lower disciplinary points total in all group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card);

- Higher position in the European Qualifiers overall ranking .

At the moment because of that red card that just happened, Wales have the worse disciplinary... 

There's been 2 other challenges like that that have resulted in penalties but they weren't met with reds. 

If it was higher near the shin then fair enough. But that's not a red. 

Edited by StanSP

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Thats what I’d call an orange card, considering you want to keep 22 players on the pitch in the spirit of the game, you’d want to see it given as a yellow 

Absolutely. It’s one of those common sense ones I think. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That would mean Switzerland would be 2nd because they've scored 4, whereas Wales have only scored 3?

Switzerland lost 3-0 and drew with us. 

We drew with them and won 2-0.

They're currently winning 2-0, if we lose 3-0 it'll be identical. 

Didn't know about the disciplinary record though. We've had lots of yellows so even if Ampadu hadn't just been completely incorrectly dismissed by a paid-off Romanian ref then we'd still be third. 

Yellow for me. It was forceful but for me the key was that he kept his foot low which limits the risk of causing injury a lot. It wasn’t reckless just late. Peter Walton is becoming more ridiculous by the day by just agreeing with anything the referees do lol