Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Hopefully they rest everyone and we play out the world's most boring draw tbh

Just need to hope Switzerland don’t beat Turkey 

Even if Wales do somehow slip to 3rd it's hard to imagine they'll not get through. They virtually did it today.

Feeling vindicated in talking Italy up pre-tournament, although cancelled out by saying Turkey would do well as well.

Italy..Always a Tournament team...My favourites, more so because they have upturned their 100years style on its head..

Playing attractive Offensive football....If anything Italians also have always been fit, they wont fall off the pace...

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Even if Wales do somehow slip to 3rd it's hard to imagine they'll not get through. They virtually did it today.

Feeling vindicated in talking Italy up pre-tournament, although cancelled out by saying Turkey would do well as well.

There's a huge difference though. 

Third plays Belgium, second plays Denmark, Finland or Russia. 

I know you have to play the best teams eventually to win something, etc, but given our goal is basically just trying to get further than England again for the memes (trollface.jpg) we're going to need the best tie possible. 

Given I've realised that England get the third place team from the group of death, we may only need to scrape through to the quarters to remain the pride of Britain for another four years. 

Edited by Finnegan

Im personally well pleased for Wales. I thought they were pretty immense last night and the big guns stepped up to the plate.

Turkey were again utterly dreadful and it frankly could have been a much bigger margin 

I have more of an affiliation (for some reason) with Wales than Scotland. Always have had

• Like 2

Also, Aaron Ramsey had a higher xG on his own than the entire Turkish team lol

Who was it that asked what the xG was during the game? @shen?

1.2 to 3.7

Who was the plonker that came out with "omg Wales are going to get so hyped for this they haven't even been that good boohoohoho"? 

"In fact, Wales 3.70 xG in this match is the most by a team in European Championship finals match since Germany’s 3.75 against Northern Ireland in 2016." 

Yeah you're right, we were shit. lol

• Thanks 2

Wales were very good deserved the win for sure.  I think the Swiss result was equally as important as they dug in and managed to get a point when Switzerland probably deserved the victory.  They always show that a countries population size or financial clout etc can only account for so much.  The biggest thing is to have a system that works for the players you have.  Wales could never try and play like the top nations do in terms of dominating the opposition but they use their players they do have so smartly by being hard to beat and playing smart direct balls with good positive runs when they get the ball.

Pleased they are through, hopefully they manage a point against Italy or the Swiss don't win and they have runners up spot.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Also, Aaron Ramsey had a higher xG on his own than the entire Turkish team lol

Who was it that asked what the xG was during the game? @shen?

1.2 to 3.7

Who was the plonker that came out with "omg Wales are going to get so hyped for this they haven't even been that good boohoohoho"? 

"In fact, Wales 3.70 xG in this match is the most by a team in European Championship finals match since Germany’s 3.75 against Northern Ireland in 2016." 

Yeah you're right, we were shit. lol

Your performance was far from shit but miss the amount of clear cut chances like you did yesterday against a decent team and you’ll be punished for it. Maybe Ramsey’s chances were just unlucky but a 1 in 3 (?) conversion rate won’t be good enough against the likes of Italy etc...

Cant really say too much tho as we’ll probably only create 2 chances against Scotland tomorrow night the way we’re playing lol 

3 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Your performance was far from shit but miss the amount of clear cut chances like you did yesterday against a decent team and you’ll be punished for it. Maybe Ramsey’s chances were just unlucky but a 1 in 3 (?) conversion rate won’t be good enough against the likes of Italy etc...

Cant really say too much tho as we’ll probably only create 2 chances against Scotland tomorrow night the way we’re playing lol 

If it means Wales win 1-0 then it would be good enough.

Wales were excellent and while much of that is due to Turkey playing like their namesake, it still showed the brilliance of Bale, Ramsey and the desire of this Wales team. I can understand why that is hard for an Englishman to admit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Oh absolutely our finishing was frustrating. We missed a penalty and a one on one for which the goalkeeper was rooted. If we buried nothing else, they should have gone in. 

Ramsey's first, in fairness the angle isn't great by the time he's shaping to shoot and whilst I think Moore's chance in the first half was a much bigger one for a man of his ability than the highlights coverage (which apparently missed it entirely) gave it credit for, I probably exaggerated a little suggesting it should have been a definite goal. 

But the all round play all over the park was brilliant. We worked extremely hard, created a lot, had our two high profile players look back to being near world class, pressed them off the pitch and defended heroically. 

Of course I'm biased but so are a fair few (not all I concede) of you lot the other way. I imagine you'd struggle to find a neutral that wouldn't call that one of (I'm obviously not suggesting THE best) the most complete team performances of this tournament so far. 

• Like 1